Tailgaters Fantasy Football

• Thread starter I_am_smoked_cheddar
  • Start date
OP
OP
I

I_am_smoked_cheddar

I don't believe some of the owners have that much time available. Considering cutting time per pick from 90sec. to 60sec..

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
This league is news to me but here are some pointers I have learned from running the PFFFL. Make polls for everything and let the people of the league decide. No one ever uses 90 seconds for a pick let alone 60 so setting it at 90 won't matter, but the benefit of a 90 second clock is that it doesn't make people feel rushed. Also for everyone who can't make the tailgaters draft or for some reason the PFFFL's, you can set your rankings on ESPN and it will draft according to your list instead of the default list. If anyone has any questions feel free to message me.

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
Also the PFFFL I and II draft had a 90 second clock and it took us no longer than an hour and fifteen minutes with 10 teams and 18 rounds.

OP
OP
I

I_am_smoked_cheddar

Saturday, August 24th at 11am is another possible Draft date. See League site to vote in Draft Poll.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
AM is definitely out. I cannot block out the 2 hours or so in the middle of the day. Life and family intrude. Also I do not know until Thurs if I am working on Sat. That day is an as needed day.

OP
OP
I

I_am_smoked_cheddar

VOTE in the ESPN Tailgaters Fantasy Football DRAFT POLL ! We need every owner to VOTE ! Thanks.

OP
OP
I

I_am_smoked_cheddar

Tailgaters Fantasy Football will hold it's league draft on Sunday, August 25th at 6pm EST . The draft will take place on the ESPN Fantasy Football site. All owners have been sent an e-mail notifying them about the draft. Good luck to everyone !

OP
OP
I

I_am_smoked_cheddar

Tailgaters Fantasy Football will hold it's league draft on Sunday, August 25th at 6pm EST . The draft will take place on the ESPN Fantasy Football site. All owners have been sent an e-mail notifying them about the draft. Good luck to everyone !

:)

OP
OP
I

I_am_smoked_cheddar

With the leagues draft complete, I would like to thank all of the owners for a spirited draft. ESPN's draft report card has come up yet, but I will try to get that as soon as possible. Again, thanks to everyone and let's all have a fun and competitive season. :cool:

OP
OP
I

I_am_smoked_cheddar

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

This "report card" was filled out by me, your league manager and is my own evaluation of our draft. I was as fair as I could be and did not try to slant my opinion of the draft. I expect to be proven right as well as wrong. It is all within the spirit of good sportsmanship and fun. Good luck to all of this leagues owners and may the best team win the Tailgaters Fantasy Football championship.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
I

I_am_smoked_cheddar

How do you feel about your draft ? How do you feel about the competition ? Will you be a playoff contender this season ? Are you ready for week 1 ?

:rolleyes:

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
With the leagues draft complete, I would like to thank all of the owners for a spirited draft. ESPN's draft report card has come up yet, but I will try to get that as soon as possible. Again, thanks to everyone and let's all have a fun and competitive season. :cool:

We need to do something to make this really interesting, give it an edge each week.

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

This "report card" was filled out by me, your league manager and is my own evaluation of our draft. I was as fair as I could be and did not try to slant my opinion of the draft. I expect to be proven right as well as wrong. It is all within the spirit of good sportsmanship and fun. Good luck to all of this leagues owners and may the best team win the Tailgaters Fantasy Football championship.
A C??? now I know your just trying to stir up some stuff

OP
OP
I

I_am_smoked_cheddar

All NFL teams have by now reached their 53 man roster. Some players may still be dropped, as players are added that were cut by other teams. This is also possible in our TFF league. Your rosters must be set before your players begin their games. Once play begins for a players team, it is too late to change him out for that week's play. Be ready with your starters. Also, you can follow your teams progress on the league site.

Good Luck Owners,
LM

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
All NFL teams have by now reached their 53 man roster. Some players may still be dropped, as players are added that were cut by other teams. This is also possible in our TFF league. Your rosters must be set before your players begin their games. Once play begins for a players team, it is too late to change him out for that week's play. Be ready with your starters. Also, you can follow your teams progress on the league site.

Good Luck Owners,
LM
Good luck to you too. You are really going to need it especially week one.

OP
OP
I

I_am_smoked_cheddar

:roflmao: Poppa just be sure that you have two things on hand before the conclusion of week one. First is a large box of Kleenex Tissues to dry your tears and second is a Fifth of your favorite liquor to drown your sorrows. Remember: If your not the lead dog, the view never changes ! :ninja:

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
:roflmao: Poppa just be sure that you have two things on hand before the conclusion of week one. First is a large box of Kleenex Tissues to dry your tears and second is a Fifth of your favorite liquor to drown your sorrows. Remember: If your not the lead dog, the view never changes ! :ninja:
Kleenex is made in Green Bay but it is not as if I'll need them. Also I'm from Wisconsin, we give a fifth to infants when they cut their teeth. I consider that just a nip.

OP
OP
I

I_am_smoked_cheddar

Poppa, last years player averages don't always always carry over to a new season. One must also look at changes their team has made, past injuries that have / or have not healed, is a player now on a better/worse team, who are the players on their team that can improve/decrease their scoring probabilities, and more. Some of rookies will do well this season, can you spot them.

Tim Tebow is looking for work, he may want to consider Dancing with the Stars. :whistling:

OP
OP
I

I_am_smoked_cheddar

What if you had P.Manning and his 7 TDs and still lost ? Can anyone swallow that deep ?

Members online

Latest posts