Tae Adams

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
His contract is up after next season. How much are you willing to see the Packers pay him to keep him around. At this point he’s clearly a top 2, (3 at the lowest WR in the NFL) Even if I’m not a Packers fan, it would be easy to take Adam’s over any WR in the league not named Deandre Hopkins. The production has been there and he’s almost an automatic touchdown once the Packers get inside the 10 yard line. I know he’s going to want to get paid like Thomas and Julio, and tbh, you can’t argue against that in any way at this point.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Must be Monday. Another WR thread.

Let him go. Packers are what 6-0 without him? Bring back Geronimo and Jake to man the slots and Janis to pair with MVS as the deep threats on the edges. Get all for for less than 1/2 the cap of one DA17. ;)
[/attempt at humor] :rolleyes:

D

Deleted member 6794

The Packers need to re-sign Adams to a deal paying him market value. As long as he doesn't demand an outrageous salary there's no way the team should move on from him.

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
His contract is up after next season. How much are you willing to see the Packers pay him to keep him around?

Whatever it takes. You don't let a guy like Adams go. Look at the Texans and Hopkins. What a bunch of fools!

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
let's see...the cap is screwed for the foreseeable so let's see what they do in the draft, how he plays next season, see what the market actually is then, yada yada. too soon to tell but if he's healthy and still good it needs to be a good contract for both. no more 10% bumps over market.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
His contract is up after next season. How much are you willing to see the Packers pay him to keep him around. At this point he’s clearly a top 2, (3 at the lowest WR in the NFL) Even if I’m not a Packers fan, it would be easy to take Adam’s over any WR in the league not named Deandre Hopkins. The production has been there and he’s almost an automatic touchdown once the Packers get inside the 10 yard line. I know he’s going to want to get paid like Thomas and Julio, and tbh, you can’t argue against that in any way at this point.
Pretty soon, Adams has to get paid. Lotsa $$$$$. I’d rather any money Ball can cobble together goes to the D. This WR group is playing well enough to win a lot. The ILBs and D linemen? Not so much.

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Buggy once aspired to becoming the punter, but alas, he didn't make it, and is now raining blows down on all those airline rubes...Happy Festivus everyone!

Last edited:

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
This is getting mashed with rodgers.

So lets bump

Watch this ****. Nagler [ someone here doubted Nags and his insight] but he is now verified, has done espn stuff and is an legit reporter asking questions and gets LaFleur on cheeseheadtv.com

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers need to re-sign Adams to a deal paying him market value. As long as he doesn't demand an outrageous salary there's no way the team should move on from him.
I agree but what is outrageous? If he wants to be the highest paid WR its going to take 28 million or so. Is that market value or is that outrageous?

Of course that is yearly average and we all know that can be decieving. Guarantees and yearly cap hit are what count. A 5 year deal worth 140 million would make him the highest paid (until Brown and Metcalf get theirs in a year or two) but just like Rodgers the last couple of years would be unlikely to be paid out as agreed upon. Some sort of restructure or renegotiation would be in order.

I see a record guaranteed amount coming from someone. As much as I hate the idea of paying one guy that much its becoming the norm. I won't go so far as to say "pay the man" which to me means give him whatever he wants, but I will say "get it done" which to me means find a way to work it out and keep him.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When I said this, I didn’t think over $27 million a year would be what it takes.

There ain’t no WR worth that.
It's hard enough to contemplate $22 mil/year (Julio Jones compensation - and he's on the way down). And how good will Adams be without Rodgers? Worth plus $22 mil?

And if Adams is looking to equal or surpass Hopkins $27 mil/year, well, time to move on. Sad all the way around.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's hard enough to contemplate $22 mil/year (Julio Jones compensation - and he's on the way down). And how good will Adams be without Rodgers? Worth plus $22 mil?

And if Adams is looking to equal or surpass Hopkins $27 mil/year, well, time to move on. Sad all the way around.

Adams is arguably more valuable to GB without Rodgers because he is so good that he can help a QB a ton. They don’t have another WR like that.

With that said, he’s near 30, he’s been injury prone, and I can’t think of the last team that paid a WR huge money and won a SB. Just a poor use of salary cap, imo.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Adams is arguably more valuable to GB without Rodgers because he is so good that he can help a QB a ton. They don’t have another WR like that.

With that said, he’s near 30, he’s been injury prone, and I can’t think of the last team that paid a WR huge money and won a SB. Just a poor use of salary cap, imo.
Agreed. Adams is one of those rare WRs who can make a QB look good. But yeah, he's pushing 30 and he's had his share of missed games. And a lot of his game is based on very quick foot movement and the ability to get into a route very fast. Well, as those of us a little older know, we slow down as we get older. I don't expect a drop off from Adams in the near future, but is he worth $22 mil/year plus? I'm sure he'd get it on the open market. Will GB pay that? Can they pay that? Don't know. I'd just hate to see him leave, regardless of what happens with Rodgers.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agreed. Adams is one of those rare WRs who can make a QB look good. But yeah, he's pushing 30 and he's had his share of missed games. And a lot of his game is based on very quick foot movement and the ability to get into a route very fast. Well, as those of us a little older know, we slow down as we get older. I don't expect a drop off from Adams in the near future, but is he worth $22 mil/year plus? I'm sure he'd get it on the open market. Will GB pay that? Can they pay that? Don't know. I'd just hate to see him leave, regardless of what happens with Rodgers.
Its a catch 22. No one wants to pay him what he will end up getting but no one wants to see him leave either. One thing is certain, if he does sign elsewhere Gute and the FO are going to be crucified by a lot of fans. Guy I work with says they should make Rodgers the highest paid player (they tried that) and Adams the highest paid WR. That doesn't really leave a lot of money for many other good players.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
It’s very simple to me.

If Rodgers gets extended, pay him whatever it takes.

If this is Rodgers last year, let him play out his deal and hit the market.

If Rodgers doesn’t play this season, consider trading him now.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It’s very simple to me.

If Rodgers gets extended, pay him whatever it takes.

If this is Rodgers last year, let him play out his deal and hit the market.

If Rodgers doesn’t play this season, consider trading him now.
If he doesn't play this season, seems like they'd be better waiting until the season is over. At least they'd know what draft picks they were getting.

Obviously it would be ideal to trade him to an AFC team with a high draft pick. Does Rodgers have a say in the trade, a say in where he does or doesn't go?

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
If he doesn't play this season, seems like they'd be better waiting until the season is over. At least they'd know what draft picks they were getting.

Obviously it would be ideal to trade him to an AFC team with a high draft pick. Does Rodgers have a say in the trade, a say in where he does or doesn't go?

Not technically, though if the acquiring team said they will only trade for him if there’s an extension in place, then he could refuse to sign something with them and spoil the deal.

If the acquiring team will take his with the contract as is, then all he could do is threaten retirement.

By the way— that post of mine that you quoted was referencing Adams.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not technically, though if the acquiring team said they will only trade for him if there’s an extension in place, then he could refuse to sign something with them and spoil the deal.

If the acquiring team will take his with the contract as is, then all he could do is threaten retirement.

By the way— that post of mine that you quoted was referencing Adams.
Gotcha. I suppose they could tag Adams next year. I don't really like that - what's the point in forcing a player to play when he wants to be someplace else?

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Man between Rodgers and Adams what a mess in GB. The finger can be pointed at Rodgers, and maybe at Adams, for being selfish divas. But I think the incompetent Murphy and the incompetent Gluten play a bigger role. Maybe if we never had Bob Harlan, this would all be ok in the FO. But Murphy and Gluten win the diva contest. My way or the highway. We're the bosses, you guys are employees. Just bad management with the best players on the team and in the NFL.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Gotcha. I suppose they could tag Adams next year. I don't really like that - what's the point in forcing a player to play when he wants to be someplace else?
Because then maybe you could trade him. I am not so uptight about where the draft choices end up. I mean, we are hopefully drafting late. And I guess we would only get a 3rd round supplemental pick if he were to leave. Just don't think you worry too much about where draft choices might be unless you are negotiating with more than one team at once. That pertains to both Devante and ARod. imho

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Because then maybe you could trade him. I am not so uptight about where the draft choices end up. I mean, we are hopefully drafting late. And I guess we would only get a 3rd round supplemental pick if he were to leave. Just don't think you worry too much about where draft choices might be unless you are negotiating with more than one team at once. That pertains to both Devante and ARod. imho
That makes sense as far as tagging and trading. Hopefully get something more than a high comp pick.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
While Davante and Rodgers are 2 of the best in the NFL, I don't like the approach that either are currently taking. I would rather see the Packers trade them both (Adams now, Rodgers 2022). Get the most that you can out of them, while you can, instead of letting them continue to poison the well, end up with a late 3rd round for Davante and nothing but more negative media with Rodgers.

Instead of viewing this as "the demise" of the Packers, view this as a golden opportunity to fix the cap, get some nice draft capital at the cost of 2 players that seem like they really don't want to be in Green Bay.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts