1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

T henery signs with the Broncos

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by stump5454, Mar 5, 2007.

1. stump5454

stump5454 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Kffl is reporting a 5yr deal for 12mil. Are you kidding me? We couldnt make a copettitive offer around that. Old Teddy must have somthing up his sleeve.

2. all about da packers

all about da packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I think the deal is more than 12 million, but it includes 12 million in guaranteed money.

3. stump5454

stump5454 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Here is what kffl reported.

Broncos | Henry signed to five-year, $12 million deal
    Mon, 5 Mar 2007 12:03:51 -0800

ESPNews reports the Denver Broncos have signed RB Travis Henry (Titans) to a five-year contract worth $12 million

4. porky88

porky88 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Henry never even visited the Packers. Green Bay was trying to schedule a visit but he didn't come. This according to ESPN Insider.

My best guess is. Henry wanted to be a Bronco and he new if he left Denver without a contract that Denver would've looked at Willis McGahee and Jamal Lewis. Henry probably would of only visited with Green Bay to gain leverage of Denver so they would offer him more.

5. packersfan4life

packersfan4life Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    According to ESPN it is 12 million in guarantees, nothing on the structure of the entire contract.

6. retiredgrampa

retiredgrampa Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    PFT reports that the $12mil was guaranteed money on the 5 yr. deal. They didn't state the total amount of the deal.

7. GakkofNorway

GakkofNorway Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    probably a lot more than 12 million dollars, lol

8. HatestheEagles084

HatestheEagles084 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    I guess he thinks about the organization what I'm starting to...cool Vernand Morency as our starting running back...i'm sure the other positions will shimmer as well...

i've been pretty patient this offseason but this pisses me off, "he didn't come", not that it mattered if he came, we're not even mentioned as in conention for any running back that I think would give us a solid running game

ok so we have vernand morency who showed flashes of mediocrity and some guy named arliss...HBO pulled the plug on that show at least three years ago

9. cyoung

cyoung Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    12 million the boy is getting the money he wants for sure. Now I'm worried that the Pack wont pull off a good runningback or a good running game.

10. nathaniel

nathaniel Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    The RB choices are thinning out fast.

11. Chamuko

Chamuko Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Would you want to be a packer with TT as GM???? Thightwad Ted is not a magnet for good players....

How would we know that Teddy really tried to get Henry in GB???

If I were Brett I will be looking close to what we do in FA and in things keep as ugly as this I will call it a career and let the great TT run th team with little Aaron.... Maybe after a couple of 2-14 seasons things will change here.

Who knows,,,, I cant blame TT for not givin Ahman that huge amount of money but I can blame him for sitting on his hands and wait for a miracle to happen in draft day.... I see another long, long season ahead.

12. Raider Pride

Raider Pride Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    Perhaps it is just because I am a Packer Fan.

Perhaps it is because this is the only team owned by the people, for the people, in the best interest of the people.

Perhaps it is because of the tradition on this great organization.

Perhaps it is because when most people think of N.F.L. colors most would say Silver and Black or Green and Gold.

Perhaps it is just because... Just because, I can not believe for a moment that anyone would be an idiot at that level of responsibility and leadership that T.T. is in.

Perhaps just leave the the guy alone, he has a plan, and I can bet you a hill of beans it is a far better plan than any of us here could have come up with. That means every single poster on the board including Bruce, T.O. and Trom (When he is allowed back tomorrow.)

Just give T.T. a chance before we all start to panic.

Raider Pride.

13. Chamuko

Chamuko Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Perhaps I am not worried about TT having a plan, perhaps I am worried about TT´s plan WORKING RP....

I dont know but something inside myself keeps telling me that we are walking on a very, very thin line here.....

I hope I am wrong, I really do hope that TT is way better than Wolf and we will worship him for the years to come...

14. porky88

porky88 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    ESPN insider was reporting the Packers made contact with Travis Henry's agent. I hardly believe it was a false report. Insider is the most accurate and most reliable resource there is.

Here is a quote from an article. This is not insider material so this can be posted.

Henry to Broncos

Since when is Vernand Morency our starter??? We're not even one week into free agency. Jamal Lewis is still an option. Chris Brown as well. Many options in the Draft. If you don't believe a team with a rookie RB can make the playoffs in the NFL you are not well informed. Tampa Bay won the division relying heavily on Carnell Williams in 2005. Last year Reggie Bush helped lead the Saints to the playoffs. Teams like Denver (Mike Bell) and Jacksonville (Maurice Jones) were very competitive in a tough AFC. RB is not a tough position to find.

This Free Agent pool is very weak this year. In fact the releases of Henry, Porter, and Horn are what gave it a little more strength. Most around the league felt that this year was not as strong as last and I think most would agree with that assessment. That's not to say there isn't any good talent. There is but free agency is far from over.

Last year the Packers did not strike early. Manuel was signed but that wasn't considered a "big" signing by many. It was only a few weeks in until Green Bay got a deal done with Ryan Pickett. The Packers took their time and waited last year and they went from 4-12 to 8-8. That’s how they’re going to run things. Just because you don’t like it that way doesn’t necessary mean it’s the wrong thing to do. Who was active last year in free agency early? Arizona and Minnesota. Both picking in the top 10. The Super Bowl teams were Chicago and Indianapolis. Both relatively quiet. New Orleans made a lot key moves but outside of Brees their two big time offensive weapons came via the Draft with Bush and Colston. The Sky is not falling yet.

Some of the contracts given so far have been outrageous.

This article below gives you a good perspective of how free agency works.

Free Agency

Now obviously if we go the entire year without signing one guy you have something to complain about but only 4 days into free agency is very premature.

15. BairesPackFan

BairesPackFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

interesting for a moment i cant see if i was reading post of the 2006 or 2007 offseason...

Keep calm...same things happend last year....nobody can "buy a ring" with free agents (look at the redskins)...

16. PackerLegend

PackerLegend Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Running back Travis Henry agreed to a five-year contract for $22.5 million that includes $12 million worth of guaranteed money with the Denver Broncos. Henry was scheduled to visit Oakland, Green Bay and the New York Giants and those visits were cancelled after he reached the deal with the Broncos

17. all about da packers

Ratings:
    +0
    Are we placing too much importance on a RB?

I mean porky made a good post, but other than that are we still placing too much emphasis on having a seemingly "good" skilled RB?

Denver can seemingly plug any RB and be successful. That is why GB adopted the ZB scheme.

Now when the scheme was executed with a high degree of efficiency, didn't Herron have a 100+ yard rushing game?

Perhaps the coaching staff are placing the emphasis on the O-line development, and Ted is aware of this so he has deemed getting a RB with all pro, even good/great skills not necessary.

18. Raider Pride

Raider Pride Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    BRAVO!

19. all about da packers

Ratings:
    +0
    As for Morency being the #1 back, TT had this to say:

ARTICLE.

20. arrowgargantuan