T henery signs with the Broncos

stump5454

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Kffl is reporting a 5yr deal for 12mil. Are you kidding me? We couldnt make a copettitive offer around that. Old Teddy must have somthing up his sleeve.

OP
OP
S

stump5454

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here is what kffl reported.

Broncos | Henry signed to five-year, $12 million deal
Mon, 5 Mar 2007 12:03:51 -0800

ESPNews reports the Denver Broncos have signed RB Travis Henry (Titans) to a five-year contract worth $12 million

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Henry never even visited the Packers. Green Bay was trying to schedule a visit but he didn't come. This according to ESPN Insider.

My best guess is. Henry wanted to be a Bronco and he new if he left Denver without a contract that Denver would've looked at Willis McGahee and Jamal Lewis. Henry probably would of only visited with Green Bay to gain leverage of Denver so they would offer him more.

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Henry never even visited the Packers. Green Bay was trying to schedule a visit but he didn't come. This according to ESPN Insider.

I guess he thinks about the organization what I'm starting to...cool Vernand Morency as our starting running back...i'm sure the other positions will shimmer as well...

i've been pretty patient this offseason but this ****** me off, "he didn't come", not that it mattered if he came, we're not even mentioned as in conention for any running back that I think would give us a solid running game

ok so we have vernand morency who showed flashes of mediocrity and some guy named arliss...HBO pulled the plug on that show at least three years ago

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
12 million the boy is getting the money he wants for sure. Now I'm worried that the Pack wont pull off a good runningback or a good running game.

Chamuko

Cheesehead
Reaction score

My best guess is. Henry wanted to be a Bronco and he new if he left Denver without a contract that Denver would've looked at Willis McGahee and Jamal Lewis. Henry probably would of only visited with Green Bay to gain leverage of Denver so they would offer him more.

Would you want to be a packer with TT as GM???? Thightwad Ted is not a magnet for good players....

How would we know that Teddy really tried to get Henry in GB???

If I were Brett I will be looking close to what we do in FA and in things keep as ugly as this I will call it a career and let the great TT run th team with little Aaron.... Maybe after a couple of 2-14 seasons things will change here.

Who knows,,,, I cant blame TT for not givin Ahman that huge amount of money but I can blame him for sitting on his hands and wait for a miracle to happen in draft day.... I see another long, long season ahead.

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Perhaps it is just because I am a Packer Fan.

Perhaps it is because this is the only team owned by the people, for the people, in the best interest of the people.

Perhaps it is because of the tradition on this great organization.

Perhaps it is because when most people think of N.F.L. colors most would say Silver and Black or Green and Gold.

Perhaps it is just because... Just because, I can not believe for a moment that anyone would be an idiot at that level of responsibility and leadership that T.T. is in.

Perhaps just leave the the guy alone, he has a plan, and I can bet you a hill of beans it is a far better plan than any of us here could have come up with. That means every single poster on the board including Bruce, T.O. and Trom (When he is allowed back tomorrow.)

Just give T.T. a chance before we all start to panic.

Raider Pride.

Chamuko

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:

Perhaps it is because this is the only team owned by the people, for the people, in the best interest of the people.

Perhaps it is because when most people think of N.F.L. colors most would say Silver and Black or Green and Gold.

Perhaps it is just because... Just because, I can not believe for a moment that anyone would be an idiot at that level of responsibility and leadership that T.T. is in.

Perhaps just leave the the guy alone, he has a plan, and I can bet you a hill of beans it is a far better plan than any of us here could have come up with. That means every single poster on the board including Bruce, T.O. and Trom (When he is allowed back tomorrow.)

Raider Pride.

Perhaps I am not worried about TT having a plan, perhaps I am worried about TT´s plan WORKING RP....

I dont know but something inside myself keeps telling me that we are walking on a very, very thin line here.....

I hope I am wrong, I really do hope that TT is way better than Wolf and we will worship him for the years to come...

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ESPN insider was reporting the Packers made contact with Travis Henry's agent. I hardly believe it was a false report. Insider is the most accurate and most reliable resource there is.

Here is a quote from an article. This is not insider material so this can be posted.

Within hours of his release, Henry, 28, flew to Denver and visited with Broncos officials over the weekend, while agent Hadley Engelhard negotiated a deal. Henry also drew considerable interest from the Oakland Raiders, who hoped to bring him in for a visit this week, along with Green Bay and both of the New York franchises.

Henry to Broncos

Since when is Vernand Morency our starter??? We're not even one week into free agency. Jamal Lewis is still an option. Chris Brown as well. Many options in the Draft. If you don't believe a team with a rookie RB can make the playoffs in the NFL you are not well informed. Tampa Bay won the division relying heavily on Carnell Williams in 2005. Last year Reggie Bush helped lead the Saints to the playoffs. Teams like Denver (Mike Bell) and Jacksonville (Maurice Jones) were very competitive in a tough AFC. RB is not a tough position to find.

This Free Agent pool is very weak this year. In fact the releases of Henry, Porter, and Horn are what gave it a little more strength. Most around the league felt that this year was not as strong as last and I think most would agree with that assessment. That's not to say there isn't any good talent. There is but free agency is far from over.

Last year the Packers did not strike early. Manuel was signed but that wasn't considered a "big" signing by many. It was only a few weeks in until Green Bay got a deal done with Ryan Pickett. The Packers took their time and waited last year and they went from 4-12 to 8-8. That’s how they’re going to run things. Just because you don’t like it that way doesn’t necessary mean it’s the wrong thing to do. Who was active last year in free agency early? Arizona and Minnesota. Both picking in the top 10. The Super Bowl teams were Chicago and Indianapolis. Both relatively quiet. New Orleans made a lot key moves but outside of Brees their two big time offensive weapons came via the Draft with Bush and Colston. The Sky is not falling yet.

Some of the contracts given so far have been outrageous.

This article below gives you a good perspective of how free agency works.

Free Agency

Now obviously if we go the entire year without signing one guy you have something to complain about but only 4 days into free agency is very premature.

BairesPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:

Raider Pride.

Perhaps I am not worried about TT having a plan, perhaps I am worried about TT´s plan WORKING RP....

I dont know but something inside myself keeps telling me that we are walking on a very, very thin line here.....

I hope I am wrong, I really do hope that TT is way better than Wolf and we will worship him for the years to come...

interesting for a moment i cant see if i was reading post of the 2006 or 2007 offseason...

Keep calm...same things happend last year....nobody can "buy a ring" with free agents (look at the redskins)...

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Running back Travis Henry agreed to a five-year contract for $22.5 million that includes $12 million worth of guaranteed money with the Denver Broncos. Henry was scheduled to visit Oakland, Green Bay and the New York Giants and those visits were cancelled after he reached the deal with the Broncos

Reaction score
Are we placing too much importance on a RB?

I mean porky made a good post, but other than that are we still placing too much emphasis on having a seemingly "good" skilled RB?

Denver can seemingly plug any RB and be successful. That is why GB adopted the ZB scheme.

Now when the scheme was executed with a high degree of efficiency, didn't Herron have a 100+ yard rushing game?

Perhaps the coaching staff are placing the emphasis on the O-line development, and Ted is aware of this so he has deemed getting a RB with all pro, even good/great skills not necessary.

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
Are we placing too much importance on a RB?

I mean porky made a good post, but other than that are we still placing too much emphasis on having a seemingly "good" skilled RB?

Denver can seemingly plug any RB and be successful. That is why GB adopted the ZB scheme.

Now when the scheme was executed with a high degree of efficiency, didn't Herron have a 100+ yard rushing game?

Perhaps the coaching staff are placing the emphasis on the O-line development, and Ted is aware of this so he has deemed getting a RB with all pro, even good/great skills not necessary.

BRAVO!

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
Are we placing too much importance on a RB?[quote/]

not imo..a talented RB is pretty f'n crucial.

true! but then again..they picked up Travis Henry. that guy we were goig after. :(

true! against the second worst rushing defense in the league, at lambeau, and we lost. :(

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
porky88 said:

Would you want to be a packer with TT as GM???? Thightwad Ted is not a magnet for good players....

How would we know that Teddy really tried to get Henry in GB???

.... I see another long, long season ahead.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts