Sylvester Stallone to the Boxing Hall of Fame

Archangel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No lie, Sly Stone has been inducted to join Mike Tyson in the Boxing hall of fame. Here is the link:Stallone, Tyson in knockout class for Boxing Hall - Boxing - Yahoo! Sports

Here is a short piece of the article:
That was one of the more famous lines from the “Rocky” movie series that not only made Sylvester Stallone what he is today, but also captured boxing’s heart for decades.

On Tuesday, Stallone was rewarded. He, in fact, “did it!”

The actor, who penned the script about an underdog boxer from Philadelphia named Rocky Balboa, was named—along with Iron Mike Tyson and Julio Cesar Chavez, among others—to the 12-member 2011 class for induction into the International Boxing Hall of Fame and Museum.

“Rocky” was released in 1976, and was nominated for 10 Academy Awards, winning best picture, best director and best film editing.

“It has been my privilege to have been blessed with the ability to write about the incredible courage and commitment of the many thousands of real-life Rockys whom we have watched perform honorably in the ring,” Stallone said in a statement.

Stallone also wrote five other movies based on the Rocky Balboa character and in 2006, was awarded the Boxing Writers Association of America award for “Lifetime Cinematic Achievement in Boxing.”

“The two things that brought boxing back to the forefront with the public was the great success of the 1976 Olympic team and when Sylvester Stallone gave us our heavyweight champion—Rocky Balboa,” Hall of Famer Emanuel Steward said. “I still get goosebumps when I hear the Rocky theme.”

While Stallone delivered goosebumps, Tyson delivered plain, old bumps (and bruises) during his career.
:detsux:

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I dont really have a problem with it. He has a boxing statue already. damn philly keeps moving it though

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow. The boxing HoF is desperate, apparently.

They're putting him there because of all the movie Rocky did for Boxing. To think that a movie character deserve to be in the HoF more than actual boxers... That's kind of sad.

Can you imagine the actor of Rudy being introduced into the Football HoF???

OP
OP
Archangel

Archangel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow. The boxing HoF is desperate, apparently.

They're putting him there because of all the movie Rocky did for Boxing. To think that a movie character deserve to be in the HoF more than actual boxers... That's kind of sad.

Can you imagine the actor of Rudy being introduced into the Football HoF???

Maybe we can induct Falco from the replacements in the Hall or Adam Sander for his role in the Longest yard, along with Bert Reynolds.:detsux:

jojo90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i can see the point they are making about what the films did for boxing , but putting him along side the greatest fighters ever does not seem right

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts