1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Sweden V.S. USA

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by Lynch, Jul 22, 2007.

1. Lynch

Lynch Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    [align=left]I must say that my country must be the relative best country in sport in the world. Look we have just 9 milion people whiich is as much as the population in New York. But we are despite that extremly good in almost every sport (exept basketball). We are best in icehockey threw the history the only national team to win the World cup and the olympic the same period.
    We have worldcalss golfplayers, have some of the best athletes in track & field, we are the leading country in speedway and so on. You can say we are quite good in almost every sport.
    Compare with the US who have ALOT! more people are we still on their level in sport (and of course other things too). USA are not so good in sport anymore, they can´t win anyhting international in basketball, baseball or icehockey which are some of their national sports.
    I must say if my country would have been as big as the US then we would win almost everything. :rotflmao:
    Anyone who dont agree?[/align]

2. vikesrule

vikesrule Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Förbannade hönsjärna!

Lyset är tänt, men det är ingen hemma.

3. Lynch

Lynch Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Vilka föroläpningar du kommer med :thumbsup:

4. Raider Pride

Raider Pride Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    I will tell you this. If it was up to me I would not have a Sweed on my hockey team. There is no crying in hockey.

5. PackerLegend

PackerLegend Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    USA has the NFL so I give the nod to them because it is the best ever!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. Lynch

Lynch Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    [align=left]NFL is the absolut best hockey legue, but 75% of the players are canedian. But that is all they do so that is perhaps not so strange, they are not good in other sports.

Anyway no swedish hockey player is a cryer, luck at Forsberg, who´s still plaing with all his injurys and Slaming back in his old days.[/align]

7. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    That's definitely news to me.

8. PackerLegend

PackerLegend Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Ya I was confused. I think he thought i put NHL. I put National Football League

9. Lynch

Lynch Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    [align=left]Ok it´s maybe not 75% but most of the players in the NHL are from Canada.

NFL is the best legue ever and there´s nothing in other sports that you can compare with it. [/align]

10. vike4life

vike4life Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Are you saying the Swedes our on the same playing level of the USA? In what tiddly winks? :rotflmao: 1. Football (most swedes don't know what it is) 2. Basketball 3. Baseball 4. Nascar Those are the 4 most popular spectator sports here. The Swedes cannot compete in any of them.
    5. Golf 6. Tennis and the only one the Swedes can compete in is 7. Hockey

I did not put soccer on the list. Because, who in the US really gives a crap about soccer.

11. Raider Pride

Raider Pride Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    Ok the Swede Hockey players do not actually cry, but they sure are pussies. That is what I despise about the Europeans, they can not fight so they are dirty bastards who will shash, butt end and hack.

Bobby Clarke will always be my hero for the way he handled the Russians in 1972.

When Clarke broke that stick job Kharlamov's leg in 1972 I jumped up out of my chair in pure joy. And I was only 11 years old.

And who can forget 1976- The Flyers Vs. The Russian Red Army Team...

"They are going home... They are going home... LOL They are going home.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1_jFoB3RQM

Old time hockey! There was nothing like it.

12. CaliforniaCheez

CaliforniaCheez Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
  13. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Yo Lynch! No, I don't agree. Even 9 million vs 9 million, we'll beat you in football, which is more important than every other sport combined. ;)

However, your music is definitely better than ours. I told my friend my top ten bands not too long ago and not one was American. You guys at least have the singer of my 2nd favorite band (Nightwish - new singer is Swedish), a guitarist I used to like a lot (Yngwie - I can't stand anything he's done in the past 20 years), Opeth, which is absolutely brilliant, and many others. I heard Arch Enemy is really good, but I need to hear them.

14. Lynch

Lynch Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    We have some good bands and artist that´s for sure

But we also have some of the best Icehockey players today in form of Nicklas Lidström, Peter Forsberg, Markus Näslund, Daniel Alfredsson, Mats Sundin, Henrik Zetterberg, Henrik Lundqvist and so on

We beat you in Ice hockey