Surprise Opponent of 2016

H

HardRightEdge

If Bridgewater is out, that certainly puts an entirely different paint job on things.

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
According to several reports Vikings QB Teddy Bridgewater suffered what might end up being a serious injury during today's practice.

UPDATE: Bridgewater suffered a knee injury and was taken away in an ambulance. The rest of the Vikings practice was called off.

OH Shhhhnap! Viking fans can't get a break. Ambulance is never good!

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, I feel bad for the Queens. Such harsh luck honestly.

Anyway, our chances of winning the division just went up by a lot. I don't see any reason as to why we can't go 13-3 or 14-2 now.

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I dont root for injuries but after Nelson got hurt Vkings fans around kept saying injuries happen and you have to deal with it and you cant make excuses. Well Nelson is a much better player than Bridgewater so I dont want any excuses from Vikings fans

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, I feel bad for the Queens. Such harsh luck honestly.

Anyway, our chances of winning the division just went up by a lot. I don't see any reason as to why we can't go 13-3 or 14-2 now.
Yeah I am sure they felt bad for us when Rodgers got hurt, or Nelson got hurt

H

HardRightEdge

I dont root for injuries but after Nelson got hurt Vkings fans around kept saying injuries happen and you have to deal with it and you cant make excuses. Well Nelson is a much better player than Bridgewater so I dont want any excuses from Vikings fans
What Viking fans may or may not think should be irrelevant to you.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
makes you wonder when an ambulance is called on a non-contact knee injury? i hope the kid is ok, and I don't care what their fans said about Rodgers or Nelson.

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
makes you wonder when an ambulance is called on a non-contact knee injury? i hope the kid is ok, and I don't care what their fans said about Rodgers or Nelson.

even nelson didn't need an ambulance. this might be serious... I mean serious serious.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hoping it's not as bad as first indications, and he ends up okay. I hate guys going down with serious injuries; it's all bad. But it somehow seems worse when it's "non contact" in practice or a preseason game.

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hoping it's not as bad as first indications, and he ends up okay. I hate guys going down with serious injuries; it's all bad. But it somehow seems worse when it's "non contact" in practice or a preseason game.

Apparently they are holding a press conference at 4 so I would guess we would know more info soon.

D

Deleted member 6794

Mike Zimmer says Bridgewater has significant knee injury, is at the hospital right now. According to the head coach it doesn't look good for the QB to play this season.

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is a pretty unique way of handling an injury. Canceling practice and then holding a press conference while you dont have a lot information. Not saying it is good or bad just dont remember seeing this before

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Report from eye witness at #Vikings camp. QB Teddy Bridgewater "his leg snapped and his knee was flailing around" @FOX29philly

Yikes

1940sfootball

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In another thread, I saw Captain mention that the Panthers, Cardinals, and Seahawks(?) were the teams to beat in the NFC. Not surprising as all were in the championship games last year. However, the NFL mixes it up and Cinderalla stories pop up every season. So specifically looking at the Packers schedule this season, which team do you expect to be much better than they were in 2015. For the moment, let's exclude the Cowboys for obvious reasons. Who's the sleeper opponent, the 2011 Chiefs...?

My personal choice is the Falcons. I like Dan Quinn at the helm, think that they did a good job in the draft with some decent offseason moves (especially at center), and think that Matt Ryan is about ready to really execute Shanahan's offense. They aren't necessarily a playoff team, but I think that they will give the Pack a hard time in Atlanta.

Saints,Falcons in playoffs, Vikings still get Wildcard.
Panthers are done. Jags get wildcard

D

Deleted member 6794

Saints,Falcons in playoffs, Vikings still get Wildcard.
Panthers are done. Jags get wildcard

The Jaguars getting a wild card berth in the NFC would be a huge surprise.

There's no way the Vikings make the playoffs with either Shaun Hill or Joel Stave starting at quarterback.

1940sfootball

Cheesehead
Reaction score

There's no way the Vikings make the playoffs with either Shaun Hill or Joel Stave starting at quarterback.

I obviously meant league wide.
the Vikings can go 5-2 with the current line up to start season.
If they end up getting Kaepernick,theyll run all over everyone

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score

The much maligned by Badger fans, Joel Stave still getting gas.

I think it would also be a huge surprise for the Jags to get an AFC wild card. I think it's much more likely that they win their division than it is for them to get a wild card spot. I think that chance is well under 50% also. I'm not buying into all the Jax hype. They're alot like Buffalo imo.

Packer Fan in SD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I obviously meant league wide.
the Vikings can go 5-2 with the current line up to start season.
If they end up getting Kaepernick,theyll run all over everyone

To be honest, with Bridgewater out and the schedule the Vikes have, they might be lucky to go 2-5 to start the season.

Members online