Surprise Opponent of 2016

OP
OP
El Guapo

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
See that's part of it. Everyone who has been around him he last few years has said that this group of OTA's he has been a different player. Focused on his route running and know the playbook. We shall see if it translates into anything.
Actually, it really reminds me of Jermichael Finley who just acknowledged (http://www.jsonline.com/sports/pack...ute-after-football-b99740842z1-382434961.html) that he didn't spend much time studying the playbook until he and Rodgers starting meeting 1-on-1. Even with that extra devotion, Finley still struggled to maximize is potential after that point. There's no doubt about Cordarrelle's talent, but he's got to put it all together. My only thing is that I haven't seen improvement out of him yet, and as Captain or someone pointed out, that's on a team that desperately needed WRs.

Now that the OL issue is better, we will see if Teddy can make a WR out of Patterson yet.

D

Deleted member 6794

Actually, it really reminds me of Jermichael Finley who just acknowledged (http://www.jsonline.com/sports/pack...ute-after-football-b99740842z1-382434961.html) that he didn't spend much time studying the playbook until he and Rodgers starting meeting 1-on-1. Even with that extra devotion, Finley still struggled to maximize is potential after that point.

I don't think that's a fair comparison. In his third season Finley was the focal point of the Packers offense in 2010 before suffering a season ending injury. During the first four games he had 21 receptions for 301 yards, being on pace for 84-1204.

Patterson on the other hand had two freaking receptions while playing in all games in his third season.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Kinda reminds me of Davante Adams, the Packers offseason MVP last season. We all know how that work out. Nevertheless he had more catches and receiving yards than Patterson has had in any of his three seasons.
Adams had 764 snap counts last year. Patterson had 58. But hell, he should have caught a ball every time he was on the field.

D

Deleted member 6794

Adams had 764 snap counts last year. Patterson had 58. But hell, he should have caught a ball every time he was on the field.

Geez, Patterson only getting 58 snaps on offense in 16 games on a team in desperate need of an impact receiver should tell you all you need to know about how terrible he was in 2015.

Last edited by a moderator:

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
My theory is this. If these guys who are claiming to be authorities on players were really any good, they wouldn't be at PFF, they would be with a team as scout. But that's just me. :)

And it is a myth that they watch every single play. Every single play of a player is not available to them. However they do watch a majority of plays in which a player is involved and then make their judgments. I don't know that they are pro scout caliber, but from what I've seen, they are usually pretty good.

D

Deleted member 6794

And it is a myth that they watch every single play. Every single play of a player is not available to them. However they do watch a majority of plays in which a player is involved and then make their judgments. I don't know that they are pro scout caliber, but from what I've seen, they are usually pretty good.

Pro Football Focus grades every single play from NFL and FBS players.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score

Unless they have somehow garnered tapes from other sources than NFL network, they can't see the player in every single play. https://bostonsportsmedia.com/2014/06/04/can-pro-football-focus-stats-be-blindly-trusted/ The films don't cover every player on the field on every play. Since Collinsworth bought them, he says he makes them watch every play, which is plausible. But from the films they can't see every player on every play. So while they may watch every play, they can't see every player in that play.

D

Deleted member 6794

Unless they have somehow garnered tapes from other sources than NFL network, they can't see the player in every single play. https://bostonsportsmedia.com/2014/06/04/can-pro-football-focus-stats-be-blindly-trusted/ The films don't cover every player on the field on every play. Since Collinsworth bought them, he says he makes them watch every play, which is plausible. But from the films they can't see every player on every play. So while they may watch every play, they can't see every player in that play.

The NFL Game Pass includes access to coaches film allowing fans to watch all 22 players on every single play.

http://www.nfl.com/coachesfilm

I don't know where PFF gets the tape from for college games but it's possible they have access to a similar feature as well.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
So I take it then that you think the QBR is worthwhile. After all, people watch every play the QB makes to evaluate him and give him a score. After all, if it's good for PFF.........

D

Deleted member 6794

So I take it then that you think the QBR is worthwhile. After all, people watch every play the QB makes to evaluate him and give him a score. After all, if it's good for PFF.........

I think that ESPN's QBR is a better indicator of a quarterbacks performance than the traditional passer rating. But like PFF's analysis it's far from perfect though.

Bridcarper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The NFL Game Pass includes access to coaches film allowing fans to watch all 22 players on every single .

Just subscribed to the NFL Game Pass. Really looking forward to the season and I would like to ask if the game pass is a good deal. Paying £172 over 4 months - could have got it cheaper with a one off payment but went for the instalment option.

D

Deleted member 6794

Just subscribed to the NFL Game Pass. Really looking forward to the season and I would like to ask if the game pass is a good deal.

Well, it's the only legal way to get access to every single NFL game in Europe, so I guess it's a good deal.

Packers907

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think if Bridgewater and Treadwell get in sync then its going to be a hard combo to stop, but honestly Jacksonville's defense is going to be much improved this year. Going to make for a interesting season opener.

D

Deleted member 6794

I think if Bridgewater and Treadwell get in sync then its going to be a hard combo to stop.

Bridgewater is only accurate close to the line of scrimmage. Once he has to throw the ball deep he's mostly off target. With Treadwell having troubles to separate as well as winning contested balls on a regular basis I don't expect them to get in sync.

Packers907

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hope your right. Vikings are again going to be the team we have to contend with in the North to take the division. Bears have been making some defensive moves but I doubt they are able to put it all together yet.

D

Deleted member 6794

Hope your right. Vikings are again going to be the team we have to contend with in the North to take the division. Bears have been making some defensive moves but I doubt they are able to put it all together yet.

There's absolutely no doubt in my mind that the Vikings are the team with the best chance to challenge the Packers for the division crown. With that being said I'm convinced the Packers have the more talented roster and as long as they perform up to their potential will comfortably win the NFC North.

1940sfootball

Cheesehead
Reaction score
the Panthers and Cardinals wont matter this year.
The Falcons and Vikings will matter and the Rams might get a wildcard.

Royal Pain

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Watched the Jaguars last night and it looks like they're still not quite ready for prime time. Lots of talent, but a lot of drive killing mistakes. Their defense wasn't as stout as I thought it would be as well. The opener won't be a cakewalk, but if we play to our capability we should come out with a win.

D

Deleted member 6794

According to several reports Vikings QB Teddy Bridgewater suffered what might end up being a serious injury during today's practice.

UPDATE: Bridgewater suffered a knee injury and was taken away in an ambulance. The rest of the Vikings practice was called off.

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All the sudden Teddy Bridgewater became a great qb according to Viking fans. If they would have had a capable back up they could have weathered this but instead they have Shaun Hill. That is poor gm work right there. Bridgewater was below league average for a starter

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm sure they will reel in Sanchez or someone I bet if Denver was calling Dallas I bet they are calling the Vikings now...

Members online