1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Superstitions

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by NDPackerFan, Sep 14, 2006.

1. NDPackerFan

NDPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    Does anyone have or has had some strange superstitions during their athletic careers (high school, college, whatever)?

I played some college baseball in North Dakota and now I coach a high school team. I still cannot step on a foul line. I don't know why I can't, I just don't...it's probably foul-line-a-phobia or something but I think of it as being overly superstitious.

I know Wade Boggs used to eat fried chicken before every game..that was a lot of freakin' chicken.

Anyone else?

2. MontanaBob

MontanaBob Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I had two. I was a hurdler in track and would always warm up by stretching on the second hurdle. Never the first or any other.

As a punter in HS and college I always counted our kicking team on the field on my fingers...starting on the left hand and then right hand. For some reason I was always a finger short.

3. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I didn't.

4. kmac

kmac Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I had one. I had this superstition where, every time I blocked a guy, i had to smack the **** out of him :lol:

5. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Hey Bob......i know how you can count to 11!!! :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

6. MontanaBob

MontanaBob Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Kinda hard to do that in uniform!!! The one time I had enough fingers was almost a disaster. I called a time out just before the snap, the coach went ballistic, then realized I was pretty smart for a punter. I saw the left side out man on defense licking his chops and thought "no way am I going to be road kill."

7. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    You were a.....a......PUNTER!?!?! :lol:

8. MontanaBob

MontanaBob Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Let's just say I stood back there 15 yards behind the center and hoped like hell nobody was fast enough to get to me before I kicked the ball.