Superstitions

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's funny if you think about it.........as if anything WE as fans do really makes a difference on the outcome of a game!
(But i'm STILL wearing my NFC North Champs sweatshirt.......just to cover all the bases!!!) :lol:

I agree it probably doesn't make a difference, but what the hell why not do it.

Packers_Finland

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, every time I've been here following the game we've won (this season). I don't dare to not follow these here now. Also I have my "lucky" Favre jersey. I stopped wearing in game time sometime last year, because Packers always lost when I wore it.

Hammer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have none. I carry on like a normal day and plop down on the couch with a brewski at game time. The upside is, I usually get really restless for big games, so I get a lot of yard/house work done because I can't sit still.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have none. I carry on like a normal day and plop down on the couch with a brewski at game time. The upside is, I usually get really restless for big games, so I get a lot of yard/house work done because I can't sit still.
Ah HAAA!!! You DO have some!
You get restless for the big game, and do lots of yard/house work! :wink:
(Do LOTS for us today then! We NEED you pulling for the Pack!!!) :D

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Pretty much the same for me, I'm excited all day. I'll sit down at game time and rarely move (unless Im in the PF chat then I'm typing)

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hammer said:

Pretty much the same for me, I'm excited all day. I'll sit down at game time and rarely move (unless Im in the PF chat then I'm typing)
Me......i get up about 15 times to pee.

And thats just the FIRST quarter!!!! :shock:

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cyoung said:
Hammer said:

Well of course you have to move for that (only on commercial) were not all like RP :lol:

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:
cyoung said:
Hammer said:

Well of course you have to move for that (only on commercial) were not all like RP :lol:
LOLOL!!! Thats true!
When i get worked up, i drink in ONE soda, and pee out FOUR! I don't know HOW that happens, but it does! Thats why when i was at last weeks game, i was SOOO glad i had an aisle seat!
And this is no bull, i didn't have even ONE beer. And all i drank was about a 6 ounce glass of soda when i was by Greg C. Yet i bet i STILL went to the bathroom 6 times during the game!
(Dang......am i getting old??? Talking about how many times i PEE!?!?) :lol:

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I got my Packer flag hanging outside and I'm wearing all the same Packer gear (including my NFC North Championship sweatshirt Cheesey) that I wore to Lambeau last Saturday.
SWEET!!! We CAN'T lose now!!!

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cyoung said:
cheesey said:
cyoung said:
Hammer said:

LOLOL!!! Thats true!
When i get worked up, i drink in ONE soda, and pee out FOUR! I don't know HOW that happens, but it does! Thats why when i was at last weeks game, i was SOOO glad i had an aisle seat!
And this is no bull, i didn't have even ONE beer. And all i drank was about a 6 ounce glass of soda when i was by Greg C. Yet i bet i STILL went to the bathroom 6 times during the game!

My father is the same way, we went down to an Iowa Hawkeye game this year (Iowa 21-16 over Minnesota..thats sad) anyway he got up and we each had one cup of coffee. I believe he went to the bathroom 3 times before the game, 2 times during the game, and 2 times after the game. It was the most incredible thing I have ever seen.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:
cyoung said:
cheesey said:
cyoung said:
Hammer said:

LOLOL!!! Thats true!

My father is the same way, we went down to an Iowa Hawkeye game this year (Iowa 21-16 over Minnesota..thats sad) anyway he got up and we each had one cup of coffee. I believe he went to the bathroom 3 times before the game, 2 times during the game, and 2 times after the game. It was the most incredible thing I have ever seen.
Dang......well......at least i wasn't compared to your GRANDfather!!! :lol:
Dang.....i feel OLD now........crap......

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Its ok cheesey as long as your still living and cheering on the pack, its all good. :D

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Its ok cheesey as long as your still living and cheering on the pack, its all good. :D
Yup....i'm still on the right side of the grass. The groundhogs arn't delivering my mail yet. :wink:

Aceschnd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i do 2 things. I wear the same Favre jersey I've been wearing for years. At this point it is just a green shirt with the letters vre on the back. Also for the last few years I've started a season in Madden and played the game on actual game day before the game. If I win I feel better for the game, if I lose I feel like I let the team down. There is actually no correlation between me losing and the Pack losing though.

Hammer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hammer said:
Not sure I'd call it a superstition though, just a way to release energy. A superstition is by definition a routine that one follows, usually irrational, that ensures the outcome of an event. At least that's how I would define it in this case.

Favreforever721

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This year, I bought an AJ Hawk jersey. Under it, I wear my Packers shirt I got 2 years ago. We have won all but one game when I have been wearing it(the game we lost was the one where the Bears beat us at Lambeau). So when my brother asked to wear it today when he goes out, I said "Hell no...."

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:
Hammer said:
Not sure I'd call it a superstition though, just a way to release energy. A superstition is by definition a routine that one follows, usually irrational, that ensures the outcome of an event. At least that's how I would define it in this case.
I know Hammer! I was just kidding!
We all have our pregame jitters! So i try to get rid of mine through the use of humor! (I kinda use that for ALL jitters!) :lol:

PackinSteel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Obviously the point of failure today lies here with all of us!!

For our part, as Heather mentioned earlier in the thread we fly the Packer flag on the same side every week. Today our Packer flag was on the wrong side of the deck .

To explain - we had two brackets - one for the Steelers flag and one for the Packers. The wind took out the one we had kept the Packer flag in and I had no choice but to fly it on the other side!! So sorry...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts