Superbowl in Green Bay

PackOne

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know if anyone has a subscription to the insider, but today's free summary says ...

"Packer Report's Matt Tevsh presents his argument on why the NFL should consider bringing the Super Bowl to Green Bay."

The rest of the article is only open to members. If anyone get's the subscription I would love to hear what he has to say.

This is the link to the story for those who can read it. Please report back if you can.

http://gnb.scout.com/a.z?s=61&p=2&c=758117&ssf=1&RequestedURL=http://gnb.scout.com/2/758117.html

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd like to read it too.

With that said, there will NEVER* be a superbowl game played in Green Bay, but many superbowl games will be played BY Green Bay.

*unless we get a dome.

OP
OP
P

PackOne

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd like to read it too.

With that said, there will NEVER* be a superbowl game played in Green Bay, but many superbowl games will be played BY Green Bay.

*unless we get a dome.

Can your avatar come with me to the game?

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
First off, we will never build a dome. the organization and it's fans are way too proud of an outdoor stadium.

Secondly, I can tell you what I think the rest of the article is gonna say :

Football town
all about football
throwback to the glory days
It's just where real football fans would wanna watch the biggest football game.

Thirdly, I can tell you why Green Bay will never get the Super Bowl:

Real football fans don't go to the Super Bowl. because they can't afford it.
The stadiums may be located in a warm weather climate, but the stands are filled with corporate suits, and celebrities.

It should be in Green Bay once or twice, but it will not ever be because the city doesn't cater properly to the excess that comes with the Super Bowl. and in my opinion...thats a good thing.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The stadiums may be located in a warm weather climate, but the stands are filled with corporate suits, and celebrities.

BAM!

And we have a winner, folks. I'd love to see people at the SB quizzed on how many football players they can name on both teams combined. My guess? 5 or 6. And that might even be a stretch.

TheKanataThrilla

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It totally sucks that it will never happen. I feel the same way about Buffalo and they could likely accomodate the crowd. Both are great football cities and deserve to host a Super Bowl.

Since69

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Oh... a-men! Nature of the beast, I suppose, but you're 100% right and it's a damned shame.

I agree that GB will never host a Superbowl - although I can't think of a better place. (Imagine the Jaguars playing the Cokeboys in a blizzard...)

A1MEANGREEN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
First off, we will never build a dome. the organization and it's fans are way too proud of an outdoor stadium.

Secondly, I can tell you what I think the rest of the article is gonna say :

Football town
all about football
throwback to the glory days
It's just where real football fans would wanna watch the biggest football game.

Thirdly, I can tell you why Green Bay will never get the Super Bowl:

It should be in Green Bay once or twice, but it will not ever be because the city doesn't cater properly to the excess that comes with the Super Bowl. and in my opinion...thats a good thing.
you are so right on all your points and i couldnt agree more :yeah:

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Green Bay would be a good spot for a Super Bowl but no way does the NFL want one there.

1. It's cold at the time. Really cold.

2. The city just wouldn't be able to handle all the attraction. People would have to stay in Appleton and Oshkosh as well as Green Bay. The Super Bowl brings in so many people.

3. Not much to do unless your a local.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ah, another good point.

The average person can't take the Midwest cold. Heck, I was BORN in the Midwest and can't take the Midwest cold.

That would be enough to deter 90% of would be SB patrons.

Another reason it won't happen. The thing is, I'm glad it won't. Most SB viewers are poseurs anyways. The next time I hear the words "I only watch the SB for the commercials," I think I'm going to go postal.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With global warming superbowl in Green Bay by 2020 :lol:
Can we call you "AL GORE JR."???
(I know....that a bad insult!!!) :lol: :lol:

Pacnic hit it on the head. "Average" fans, the REAL football fans would love having it in GB. But only rich people get tickets to go (or if you know Mike Tice) :wink:

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Super Bowl is not, and has not, been an event for the true football fan for a long time.

The Superbowl is "One of America's largest corporate events of the year." The Superbowl is a get together for big wigs, little wigs, and soon to be little wigs in companies like Nextel, Century 21, Sprint, Bank Of America, Shell Oil, Ameriquest, and former Enron "Big Wigs" who still get to go because they can.

I would bet you all a bottle of Canadian Club that if you stood at a gate at the Superbowl and asked the people with tickets going into the stadium to name "Just One." Super Bowl M.V.P. ..... 80% would not have an answer.

However, if you asked the majority of people going to the game "Who is the publisher of Fortune Magazine was?" they would not even blink and answer "Time Warner" If you asked them who the publisher of "Sports Illustrated" was.... They would give you a deer in the headlights look, Even though Sports Illustrated is published by the same publisher as Fortune Magazine.... Time Warner.

I say... Green Bay should host one Superbowl in the middle of winter, and
tickets are only available by a lottery for every resident of Brown County.

That is the least the N.F.L. could do for the true roots of the game, the fans in a real football town.

For just one year.... "Bank Of America" can send their executives to Vegas where they can have their super bowl party, watch the game in Green Bay on the big screen, have fun, get laid, and all can be thankful they are not sitting in the cold, bitter, sweetness of Lambeau field.

Green Bay has enough hotel rooms for the hack writers and press if they all bunk up 4 to a room.

It would also be good T.V. for the rest of the average fan of the game in America.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:
The Super Bowl is not, and has not, been an event for the true football fan for a long time.

The Superbowl is "One of America's largest corporate events of the year." The Superbowl is a get together for big wigs, little wigs, and soon to be little wigs in companies like Nextel, Century 21, Sprint, Bank Of America, Shell Oil, Ameriquest, and former Enron "Big Wigs" who still get to go because they can.

I would bet you all a bottle of Canadian Club that if you stood at a gate at the Superbowl and asked the people with tickets going into the stadium to name "Just One." Super Bowl M.V.P. ..... 80% would not have an answer.

However, if you asked the majority of people going to the game "Who is the publisher of Fortune Magazine was?" they would not even blink and answer "Time Warner" If you asked them who the publisher of "Sports Illustrated" was.... They would give you a deer in the headlights look, Even though Sports Illustrated is published by the same publisher as Fortune Magazine.... Time Warner.

That is the least the N.F.L. could do for the true roots of the game, the fans in a real football town.

For just one year.... "Bank Of America" can send their executives to Vegas where they can have their super bowl party, watch the game in Green Bay on the big screen, have fun, get laid, and all can be thankful they are not sitting in the cold, bitter, sweetness of Lambeau field.

Green Bay has enough hotel rooms for the hack writers and press if they all bunk up 4 to a room.

It would also be good T.V. for the rest of the average fan of the game in America.

Very well-written, R.P., and I couldn't agree more.

Nothing against folks with money, but it's sad it's more a game of people with money than regular, average Joe & Jane Football Fan. I really do think the average person at the game couldn't name 5 people on both teams combined. Maybe the QB on each team. I doubt anyone on either OL or DL for either team. Maybe a RB or a WR.

But your idea would be awesome. Let real fans watch the game, and local ones at that.

flep

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wouldn't want the superbowl in green bay for one reason and one reason only.

The superbowl hosting stadium has never had it's home team play in it.

NodakPaul

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:

I will take you up on that bet. Until last year I would have agreed with you.

But I actually has the opportunity to attend Super Bowl XLII last February in Arizona. I won the chance to purchase tickets at face value from the NFL's annual drawing.

While there were a lot of corporate people there, there were a lot more football fans there than you imply. In my completely unscientific estimate, I would put it a lot closer to 65% football fans, 35% corporate people who could care less. Still a lot more corporate than the average football game, but the football fans are still the major players.

Also, I also don't see how your all-green-bay-resident-superbowl would be good TV for the average fan... I am guessing that would actually do little for anybody who doesn't follow the pack. ;)

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pack&BrettCrazed4 said:
I think I'm going to start a support group FOR Global warming, all the polar bears can come and chill with me if they have a problem with it, haha :wink: :p
SARAH!!!
How ya been girl???
Now........if there is "global warming"......how can the poalar bears "CHILL" with you??? :lol:

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:

But I actually has the opportunity to attend Super Bowl XLII last February in Arizona.
How ironic...........bet the Vikings were jealous!!! :lol:

PackCrazed4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chicago Native on loan to Tallahassee, FL
Pack&BrettCrazed4 said:
I think I'm going to start a support group FOR Global warming, all the polar bears can come and chill with me if they have a problem with it, haha :wink: :p
SARAH!!!
How ya been girl???
Now........if there is "global warming"......how can the poalar bears "CHILL" with you??? :lol:

Hey Alan!

I've been pretty good, just finished my last finals so I'm flying high on summer 8) 8) 8) 8) Its a nice feeling, hehe

You know, I thought the exact same thing after I posted that, so how about the Polar Bears just come and chillax on the beach instead? I can guarantee they'll like it that much more, lol!

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pack&BrettCrazed4 said:
Pack&BrettCrazed4 said:
SARAH!!!
How ya been girl???

Hey Alan!

I've been pretty good, just finished my last finals so I'm flying high on summer 8) 8) 8) 8) Its a nice feeling, hehe

You know, I thought the exact same thing after I posted that, so how about the Polar Bears just come and chillax on the beach instead? I can guarantee they'll like it that much more, lol!
Did you get good grades? :wink:
I was a "polar bear" once. Jumped into lake Michigan on January 1st in Milwaukee! Man.....it was COLD!!! (And i was SOBER!)

NodakPaul

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NodakPaul said:
Raider Pride said:

But I actually has the opportunity to attend Super Bowl XLII last February in Arizona.

I saw a fellow there with a cheese head on. Apparently he bought his tickets before the NFC Championship game... :wink:

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:
NodakPaul said:
Raider Pride said:

I saw a fellow there with a cheese head on. Apparently he bought his tickets before the NFC Championship game... :wink:
Too be honest with you.......if i had the chance to go to a SB i would, just to see what it is like. Of course it would be so much better if the Pack was in it. But just to see the atmosphere would be fun.
You were very fortunate to have seen that Nodak. Just to know what thats like to see one live.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts