Super Bowl XLV: When did you relax?

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I started to relax right after Crosby kicked the FG late in the 4th. I wanted a TD to put them away but right then I knew it was in the hands of our D and I would trust them with my life. I knew right then, felt it in my bones that we had won the SB. I knew our D would stop them, absolute faith. When they stopped Big Ben on 3rd and 5, then again on 4th and 5, even before that, I felt that feeling in me, that we are gonna win the SB feeling. Kind of like a hushed silence right before you know you are going to witness something so great you will remember it all of your days. I had faith the whole game, all this season, in those final moments, that final drive by the Steelers, I knew, and I relaxed and let it take over me. After we got the ball back and Aaron spiked it, it just washed over me in a wave of tremulous emotion.

engelke

Cheesehead
Reaction score
my nerves settled down a bit after the field goal, i just had this gut feeling the D was going to come up big (i was really thinking pick, but a stop on 4th down worked too, lol). i still dont think its fully set in yet, i still get excited/bummed out on certain plays when i re-watch the game.

PackCrazed4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chicago Native on loan to Tallahassee, FL
Oh my goodness, you just described game day throughout my entire childhood. Though he loved the Packers, my dad was the ultimate Packer pessimist, the King of the Karma Pick. He ALWAYS, without fail, bet me a buck they would lose.

I made a lot of money off my dad when I was little. :smile:

Did you grow up in Wisconsin?

Our dads sound alike! Though he would never bet against the Pack, he just blames it on his old age and impatience, haha! The first two quarters were splendid, then when the Steelers scored before the half he yells "I CAN'T WATCH THIS TEAM SELF DESTRUCT!" and flees the room. The whole second half was as if we couldn't battle back from a deficit, I'm wondering if it's just leftover nausea and apprehension from Super Bowl XXXII :tongue:

I didn't, actually. Born and raised in Chicago, but both my parents are rooted in Milwaukee, so I'm technically a Cheesehead by blood :D

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
my nerves settled down a bit after the field goal, i just had this gut feeling the D was going to come up big (i was really thinking pick, but a stop on 4th down worked too, lol). i still dont think its fully set in yet, i still get excited/bummed out on certain plays when i re-watch the game.

US too!!! Its almost more enjoyable to see things that I missed due to screaming and jumping.

Question.. did your daughter have that gut feeling first?? lol

CaliPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
#6, Super nervous on the 4th down attempt . Then a sigh of relief, the Packer had just won Super Bowl XLV!!!!!

Members online

Latest posts