Super Bowl weekend in Green Bay

FinPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hi, I'm a huge Packer fan from Helsinki, Finland and I'm thinking about coming there on the Super Bowl weekend.

I've been in Green Bay two times. First trip included a game at Lambeau Field.

This time I'm traveling alone so I'm looking for a very cheap accommodation. I'm finding it REALLY hard to find any hostels in Green Bay area. I would just like to rent a bed in a sociable hostel where I could meet other Packer fans in town.

Also if you already know any Super Bowl parties let me know. Do think there will something in Atrium at Lambeau Field?

Thanks for your help!

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would call the packers and ask them about anything they might be planning.

As far as where to stay, try the

Union hotel
200 North Broadway
De Pere, WI 54115
(920) 336-6131

Lombardi used to go there after games to drink and eat.

Mushroom

Packer Owner/Shareholder
Reaction score
Im not sure Ive ever even seen a hostel...Packer City Motel is pretty cheap :) REALLY CHEAP! haha

I want to attend the parade if they have one...anyone have any info on that possibility?

sped2010

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We do not have hostels that I am aware of. Lambeau Field will be closed on Super Bowl Sunday. Stadium View on Holmgren always has loads of fans there during games, and it's only a block from Lambeau. You'll find fans at any bar, but if you want to stay close to Lambeau I would stick around Ridge, Lombardi, Oneida or Holmgren.

I'm sorry, I don't know a whole lot about accommodations in Green Bay - I live here and do not frequent the hotels. But in general, the further you are from Lambeau the cheaper it's going to be. Especially true on game weekends, but as people are coming into town even though it's not played here I'm sure the hotel prices will be similar to a home game. I have stayed at the Midway, which is reasonably priced but it is down the street from Lambeau so it may be pricey next weekend.

As for the parade, the last I heard the city was making preliminary plans. The last time we won it was downtown the Monday afternoon following the Super Bowl (and all the public schools closed for it, lol. I was in elementary school and I thought it was pretty cool). If we win, I would assume that it wouldn't change much.

OP
OP
FinPack

FinPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've now booked flights and accommodation. I'll be arriving Chicago 4th of February and I booked a room from Bay Motel. It was cheap and not far from Lambeau Field. I read that they will be hosting a party there on tuesday when the Packers win ;) Glad I'll be in town :) Where are you guys gonna watch the game? Home or at bar?

Members online