Super Bowl Rings

KilrB

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just happened to be browsing for anything Packer related again today and came across some Super Bowl rings. I am not a jewelry person so for the most part I don’t care for them other than what they stand for which a personal trophy.

However a few really stood out as exceptional designs.

There of course is the Ultimate #1 classic ring of Super Bowl I. This is my favorite if I had to choose.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Then there is the Super Bowl II ring. The ring that started the "Bling Thing". A much fancier ring than the first with an evil eye look to it. But the main item represented on the ring is the 3 iconic diamonds that represent the Packers 3 Championships in a row.

The only other ring I like is the Steelers #6 ring. The layout and the geometry of the ring are very impressive. Hopefully the Steelers fans here can understand that this is a complement and dont use this as troll bait and turn this into a flame thread.

Here are some images of previous rings for comparison. Not really any have the appeal of the 3 I listed. I don’t much care for the 96 Packers Championship ring either.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like the first oakland one for bucking the trend like they always do

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
Honestly, the Steelers rings look pretty cool. I like how they can make their symbols out of jewels. I like our 1996 ring the best though.

fettpett

Cheesehead
Reaction score
be interesting what the Packers will chose after today...I really like the Packers SB 31 ring and both of the Colts rings.

I would like to see more color in the rings, but thats me.. lot of those guys really like the Diamonds

OP
OP
KilrB

KilrB

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agreed they bucked trend:
I like the first oakland one for bucking the trend like they always do

I thought the second Bronco's ring took the ring to "Super Gay"! A trend that was followed all the way through until the Steelers 6th ring.

Looking again I do like the Cowboys and Dolphins 1st rings.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like the very first one the best.
Or the ones that follow the rule, "Less is more."
They start getting gaudy.

This may be a dumb question, but those are real diamonds, right?
So I wonder how much the average one is worth? Just hundreds or does it get up into tens of thousands?
And who pays for them and where does the money come from? The fans?

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This post reminds me of these.
My favorite ads about the SB.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRIIkQtXcxU&feature=related]YouTube - 2010 NFL on Fox - It's Good To Have a Ring - Broadcast Booth[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOYT9_DVJ7U&feature=related]YouTube - 2010 NFL on Fox - It's Good To Have a Ring - Airport[/ame]

Stillernation

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really like the Packers first ring and our 1974 ring,they are similar and fairly simple.I dont like the gawdy overdone rings.Man to be able to hold one of those!

joey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've search on ebay for fake Sb rings and found 1 company in Philippines sell those SB rings. Each for $1.2k, wtf? Its fake, not real...

LombardiChick

Win or lose, I love this team.
Reaction score
My favorite Super Bowl ring is... The next one. :happy0005:

I like the Pats ones - the white gold is nice. They should do the next one with the throwback logo. That would be a cool change up, if it happened in a significant anniversary year or something.

My high school ring looked like a Packer ring, sort of. It was gold with an emerald...not my high school colors or my birthstone, but it was what I picked.

Zeck180

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I heard with the Packs first ring, that the stone was some green stone, but Lombardi told them to take it out cause how he put it, "My boys deserve diamonds"

Staff online

Latest posts