Super Bowl question

Chillarfan54

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Who was the guy who presented the 1997 Packers with their SB trophy? I want to say Bart Starr , but my memory is bad at the moment.

I still don't see why a Cowboys guy presented us it this year. I know we where in the Cowboys stadium , but i still would have preferred a past Packer to do it.

cheesehurdler

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The man who presented the SB trophy in 1997 was nobody. It was simply placed on a table on the pedestal that Holmgren and crew stood on when it was presented. He was being interviewed by Terry Bradshaw from what I remember, along with Brett Favre, Desmond Howard, Reggie White, Ron Wolf and the commish. I know this because I have the original broadcast presentation on tape.

greenandgold

I'm Dirty Hairy Callahan
Reaction score
Still, of all the people to deliver the Lombardi to the Packers in the last one, Roger Staubach?

I hate the Cowgurlz.

neilfii

Hall of Fame Fan
Reaction score
I'm with you greenandgold, I love that they had to give the Lombardi over to the Packers. It had to hurt at least a little bit that they have to acknowledge that the Packers are not just the Packers, but the World Champion Green Bay Packers.

buckshotrob

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm with you greenandgold, I love that they had to give the Lombardi over to the Packers. It had to hurt at least a little bit that they have to acknowledge that the Packers are not just the Packers, but the World Champion Green Bay Packers.
bout time we need 3 more

LAG

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This coming year a Bear player can present the trophy and bow down after he hands it over.

LOL

Helmets

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes I would have liked to see a member of past Packers and Steelers Superbowl teams ready to hand over the trophy at the end of the game. For the Steelers, perhaps Chuck Knoll or Bill Cowher. For the Pack - perhaps Ron Wolfe.

Members online

Latest posts