1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Super Bowl question

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Chillarfan54, Apr 8, 2011.

1. Chillarfan54

Chillarfan54 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +38
    Who was the guy who presented the 1997 Packers with their SB trophy? I want to say Bart Starr , but my memory is bad at the moment.

I still don't see why a Cowboys guy presented us it this year. I know we where in the Cowboys stadium , but i still would have preferred a past Packer to do it.

2. cheesehurdler

cheesehurdler Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +194
    The man who presented the SB trophy in 1997 was nobody. It was simply placed on a table on the pedestal that Holmgren and crew stood on when it was presented. He was being interviewed by Terry Bradshaw from what I remember, along with Brett Favre, Desmond Howard, Reggie White, Ron Wolf and the commish. I know this because I have the original broadcast presentation on tape.

3. greenandgold

greenandgold I'm Dirty Hairy Callahan

Ratings:
    +473
    Still, of all the people to deliver the Lombardi to the Packers in the last one, Roger Staubach?

I hate the Cowgurlz.

4. GreenBayGal

GreenBayGal Cheese Goddess

Ratings:
    +1,123
    Just a way for the miserable CB's to feel like they're part of the Super Bowl. UGH!!!

5. greenandgold

Ratings:
    +473
    I'm still loving that they had to watch two other teams play for it all in their stadium, when their team wasn't within sniffing distance of even a playoff game.

I do hate them, I do I do.

• Like Like x 3
  6. neilfii

neilfii Hall of Fame Fan

Ratings:
    +714
    I'm with you greenandgold, I love that they had to give the Lombardi over to the Packers. It had to hurt at least a little bit that they have to acknowledge that the Packers are not just the Packers, but the World Champion Green Bay Packers.

7. buckshotrob

buckshotrob Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +8
    bout time we need 3 more

8. LAG

LAG Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +164
    This coming year a Bear player can present the trophy and bow down after he hands it over.

LOL

• Like Like x 1
  9. greenandgold

Ratings:
    +473
    We're on a quest to pass the Squealers for the number of Lombardi's in the trophy case.

10. Matty Flynn

Matty Flynn Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +42
    That's the closest they'll ever come to one.

11. neilfii

neilfii Hall of Fame Fan

Ratings:
    +714
    I'm not sure a Bear player could touch it. Apparently it is their Kryptonite!:chisux:

• Like Like x 1
  12. Helmets

Helmets Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +222
    Yes I would have liked to see a member of past Packers and Steelers Superbowl teams ready to hand over the trophy at the end of the game. For the Steelers, perhaps Chuck Knoll or Bill Cowher. For the Pack - perhaps Ron Wolfe.