• Atlanta Falcons

Votes: 20 55.6%
  • New England Patriots

Votes: 16 44.4%

• Total voters

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nonsense. New England's success has far more to do with its coach and its cupcake division which allows them to build momentum than its QB. You could plug a lot of past and present QBs into his role and they would still win those games. Brady has clear limitations and Bilicheat simply knows how to design an offense that accentuates his strengths and hides his weaknesses.

Come on. For one thing, the point was that Belichick would be seen as the GOAT coach, and you twice acknowledge that.

As far as Brady outdistancing AR as the GOAT QB, we get into the same sort of discussion as Starr with Lombardi's teams. Was he the best passer, the most physically gifted, et. al.? Of course not. Was he a winner, did he do the most within his limitations, and did he do just want his (certainly, at that time, except for maybe Paul Brown) GOAT coach ask him to do? Of course. Plug in Lombardi/Starr for Belichick/Brady, and one sees the perfect symbiotic relationship.

And, not as important, but the Pack has played in pretty cupcake division for most of the MM/AR partnership.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I get a 'not permitted' notice. Do you have to register to see it?

I am not registered. I tried to go back into that thread and I wonder if maybe they shut it down? It was getting REALLY ugly. You should be able to get into similar threads on their site without being registered, just go to the main page and navigate around.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
This Falcon fan will be out shopping new TV's. Hope he finds himself a new T-shirt too. :coffee:

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am not registered. I tried to go back into that thread and I wonder if maybe they shut it down? It was getting REALLY ugly. You should be able to get into similar threads on their site without being registered, just go to the main page and navigate around.

Never could find that one, but there's some fun stuff here. http://boards.atlantafalcons.com/forum/45-talk-about-the-falcons/

What I found particularly amusing was how some wanted to argue the 'worst loss' label and others were proud (of the season), despite the debacle. Really would have figured it was a day to keep your positive head down. :)

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Never could find that one, but there's some fun stuff here. http://boards.atlantafalcons.com/forum/45-talk-about-the-falcons/

What I found particularly amusing was how some wanted to argue the 'worst loss' label and others were proud (of the season), despite the debacle. Really would have figured it was a day to keep your positive head down. :)

LOL.....I was reading some of those too and of course....this popped into my head...

DarkHelmet

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Or....run the ball 3 times and kick the FG.

Whatever the case, feels good not having to debate about mistakes made by the Packers for once. :D

Pretty much anything other than what the Falcons did on that series wins them the game. Kneel downs that run the clock. Running plays that get stuffed for 2 yard losses. Quick sideline passes that go over everybody's heads. Anything. The only thing you can't have is a big negative yardage play. And so they came up with two. Mindboggling.

Yes, I'm very glad it wasn't the Packers melting down. Unfortunately, we HAVE seen the Packers do things like that -- albeit in somewhat less crucial moments. Rodgers has been sacked for a loss out of field goal range on more than one occasion. That is the sort of thing that drives me nuts as a fan.

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nonsense. New England's success has far more to do with its coach and its cupcake division which allows them to build momentum than its QB. You could plug a lot of past and present QBs into his role and they would still win those games. Brady has clear limitations and Bilicheat simply knows how to design an offense that accentuates his strengths and hides his weaknesses.

After what happened yesterday, no doubt people consider Belichick and Brady the greatest coach and QB in history.

GBkrzygrl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well any time someone brings up our NFCCG choke job as the worst feeling ever for the fan of any team we now have a clear #1 in that department.

God I feel bad for Falcons fans

I do too. Honestly their defense looked like our defense in the second half. It was obvious that Bellichick made some changes at half-time and I guess Atlanta thought that they would play the same. Had no answer for Brady and Co. Dang! I was really hoping the Falcons would pull this off.

BTW, Did anyone notice the owner down on the sidelines in the 2nd half? It was like he came down expecting to walk out and get the trophy.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
2018 Super Bowl Prediction: A Packers/Steelers rematch.

I'm not predicting any more 'Packers in the SB' until I see an organization willing to go 'all in' and commit to getting there.
Don't be even mildly surprised to see the Pats back, though.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That was an epic collapse. No way should Atlanta have lost after building a 25 point lead. Lord, did they get outcoached in the second half. The Falcons playcalling in the final quarter was inexplicable. You have the ball in field goal range to go up by two scores. What is rule number one? Don't take a big sack. What rule number two? Don't take a holding penalty. How to avoid? Call a running play or quick slant/screen. No slow developing pass plays. It cost them the game.

So naturally their answer today was to fire their DC.

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This Falcon fan will be out shopping new TV's. Hope he finds himself a new T-shirt too. :coffee:

gotta wonder if some of these are all staged. some of these youtubers loading up their dvrs making it look as if it's live then video record themselves reacting insane to get hits.

Members online

Latest posts