• Atlanta Falcons

Votes: 20 55.6%
  • New England Patriots

Votes: 16 44.4%

• Total voters

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers fans should be rooting for Atlanta. People are saying if Belichick wins, he will be greater than Lombardi. And if Brady wins, no way Rodgers can catch up with him for Greatest QB of All Time.

I'm a Packer fan, and I'm rooting for the Patriots.

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm a Packer fan, and I'm rooting for the Patriots.

Not sure why you want to root against Lombardi's legacy. Another thing is the Patriots are tied with the Packers in Super Bowl wins. Not sure why you want the Patriots to jump ahead of them.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not sure why you want to root against Lombardi's legacy. Another thing is the Patriots are tied with the Packers in Super Bowl wins. Not sure why you want the Patriots to jump ahead of them.

You assign a lot of things to me on your own.
So if I pick- and root for - the Pats to win, I'm rooting against Lombardi's legacy and the Packers in general.
Do you even hear yourself? WTF is wrong with you?

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Atlanta 37
Patriots 24

The Falcons offense will continue rolling with the Pats trying to keep up. Half-time score of Atlanta 24, Pats 10 and Atlanta just grinds out the 2nd half clock for an anti-climactic finish.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers fans should be rooting for Atlanta. People are saying if Belichick wins, he will be greater than Lombardi. And if Brady wins, no way Rodgers can catch up with him for Greatest QB of All Time.

Sigh ... yeah I wonder who those people could be? I always shut off the media in the follow-up to Superbowl Sunday because they got some real dunderheads.

Having said that, I'm going to pull for Atlanta. Yeah it's disappointing losing to them, but I don't think of them in a bad light like I do some evil teams like the Giants, Seahawks, Cowboys or Panthers. Kinda the same thing when we lost to the Rams in 2001, yeah we lost bad but I never really had a bad opinion of that team and wanted them to win that year. Matt Ryan seems like a decent guy and I don't mind if he wins the MVP.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How about rooting for the Pats is rooting against Packer fan bragging rights?

How about it's got nothing to do with the Packers. Anyone who wants to assign such assinine stuff to picking or rooting for New England should speak for them selves.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think what's probably killed a lot of interest in this game is that it just doesn't have that dramatic storyline leading into it, and had we won it Atlanta the media would have that whole run the table thing to talk about leading into this game. It's one of those things where yeah Atlanta's got that dynamic and exciting offense, but you just don't have that big storyline to tag on them.

I think the other thing is yeah, a lot of people will be happy when Brady retires which he's not far from doing, but just that part of you hopes that he'll face Rodgers at least once in the Superbowl, just like when Favre finally faced Elway there.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pacmaniac; you're two disagrees show you to be an even bigger ******* than your posts would indicate. Time for a nap.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How about it's got nothing to do with the Packers. Anyone who wants to assign such assinine stuff to picking or rooting for New England should speak for them selves.

Actually, was just asking a question to see if there was any room for discussion - obviously, there's not. It has always seemed to me that Packer fans enjoy talking about how much better than other franchises the Pack has been, based primarily on NFL championships and Super Bowl wins. If you don't think keeping up with the Joneses is important, you're certainly welcome to that viewpoint. I do, however, think that asinine might be a bit harsh for those holding the other opinion.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When you assign motivations and intent like he did, it's assinine. Don't want to get called for it, don't do it. The whole premise was ****ing idiotic- if I pick and/or root for NE- I'm against Lombardi, the Packers, and all things holy. Compare our teams to others all you want- it's got nothing to do with the above exchange.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Idiotic, asinine - I expect we'll be hearing from someone soon. In the meantime, I can't quite see how you feel it's OK to compare the Pack to other teams but favor a SB outcome that would give the Pack a shorter stick in those comparison. However, I guess us asinine idiots just don't get it. ;)

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
One of the drawbacks to using the ignore feature...I couldn't tell who provoked this. :sick:

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
Pats in a landslide.

But I hope Falcons pull up an major Upset though.

GBkrzygrl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I doubt that I will watch either. May check in from time to time to check on the score.

I cannot stand BB and the Patriots. Lost all respect for BB when I heard about the cheating and when he was such a sore loser when they lost to the Giants the first time.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Pulling for the Falcons. 100%. Nothing would make me want to vomit more than Brady/Belichick getting their 5th ring together, while the Rodgers/McCarthy regime is sitting with a lonely 1.

Let Matt Ryan have his moment in the sun.

Also, if we can't move on to the Super Bowl, might as well lose to the champions.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm still torn. I think the Falcons are the better team. Granted I only saw 2 of their games in entirety this year, the last 2, and they looked good. But they still make mistakes. We didn't capitalize on any of them, neither did the Seahawks despite a few opportunities. Will the Patriots let them get away with that? I have a hard time thinking they will, but then I saw them play the Texans a few weeks ago and any decent team would have sent the Patriots packing, so I know they aren't perfect either. But then Bill has 2 weeks to get them ready. I think that tips it towards the Pats, though I think the Falcons are better.

I don't care much who wins. It would be nice for Falcon fans to win one, but i've always liked the Patriots and the way they've played and approached things. and man would I love to see Roger have to walk out on that field and hand another Lombardi to Brady and Bill. Just to see him squirm after his BS witch hunt and have to congratulate them again. Wouldn't be surprised if he sent out someone else to present the trophy.

anyway, but then I think back, I think the Falcons have a good coach, i think he will have them ready too. So I start to lean back towards them pulling away in this one actually. If the Patriots can't jump on some early mistakes, I could see the Falcons running away with this one. Either way, I think this game is going to be pretty interesting. Lots of story lines, despite there not being "a lot of interest" in the Falcons in the super bowl. I think the teams actually present the opportunity for another great one.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Mondio makes a good point; the Falcons got away with a lot of mistakes. The fumble Ryan somehow didn't recover, and our guys dropped what, 2 or 3 INT's. Ryan is a system guy known to serve up that 1 or 2 gifts a game. If he does against the Pats , they'll make them bleed for it.

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pacmaniac; you're two disagrees show you to be an even bigger ******* than your posts would indicate. Time for a nap.

Not sure why you're (that is the correct usage of "you're") surprised that I disagree with your posts, and I'm not the only one here who does. Hope I'm not interrupting your nap. :D

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not sure why you're (that is the correct usage of "you're") surprised that I disagree with your posts, and I'm not the only one here who does. Hope I'm not interrupting your nap. :D

Whatever, chief. And I couldn't care less if the whole friggin' world agrees with you. You posted that anyone who roots for the Pats is against Lombardi, the Packers and so on. That's ridiculous; it has nothing to do with the Packers. I also have money on the Pats, as I feel that they'll win; not because I hope they break any Packer records or any other such thing.
Could I have handled it better? Probably. Then again, I'm not one to suffer BS gladly.
Nothing personal.

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Whatever, chief. And I couldn't care less if the whole friggin' world agrees with you. You posted that anyone who roots for the Pats is against Lombardi, the Packers and so on. That's ridiculous; it has nothing to do with the Packers. I also have money on the Pats, as I feel that they'll win; not because I hope they break any Packer records or any other such thing.
Could I have handled it better? Probably. Then again, I'm not one to suffer BS gladly.
Nothing personal.

Alright, sorry I rubbed you the wrong way.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts