• New England Patriots

Votes: 16 44.4%

• Total voters

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
Falcons 37
Patriots 30

Everyone says it is the #1 offense against the #1 defense, and if that was the case I would say Patriots win. But the Patriots do not have a #1 defense, they just have not played a good offense all season:

W LA Rams #32
W San Fran #31
W Cleveland #30
W Houston (x2) #29
W Denver #27
W Jets (x2) #26
W Miami (x2) #24
W Baltimore #17
W,L Buffalo (x2) #16 --> Lost 1, won 1
W Cincinnati #13
L Seattle #12
W Arizona #9
W Pittsburg (x2) #7 (game 1- without big ben; game 2 without Bell)

Out of that group, I would really only say Pittsburg had a good offense this year, and both times they played them they were without 1/3 of their most importance offenseive playmakers.

I think the only way the Patriots win is if Matt Ryan chokes or Atlanta suffers "packers disease" and everyone gets injured throughout the course of the game. With the exception of Bill Bellicheck being the best coach to ever walk on the field, there is no reason Atlanta should lose this game.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
if they can somehow get pressure up in his face, I can see the Patriots winning pretty easily. if they don't, they won't.

OP
OP
RepStar15

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
if they can somehow get pressure up in his face, I can see the Patriots winning pretty easily. if they don't, they won't.
Patriots have 35 sacks regular/post season with the #32 easiest strength of schedule in the league.
To compare with something we all know:
Packers had 45 sacks regular/post season with the #12 hardest strength of schedule in the league.
They struggle in the pass rush.

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think most people wanted a pats vs dallas/packers SB. Heard this morning on the radio that ticket prices are cheap. not cheap but compared to other SB prices these are CHEAPER.

anyway...if I had to put my money on this game i'd put it on the pats. more experience and a hell of a lot less pressure on them. This is ryans last chance at a sb and he is going to have butterflies and too much pressure trying to win his first SB

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why is this Matt Ryan's last chance? He's 2 years younger than AR. That means AR's last chance just went by the wayside. I think ATL's got a young defense too, so they'll be causing headaches for us in future playoffs.

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why is this Matt Ryan's last chance? He's 2 years younger than AR. That means AR's last chance just went by the wayside. I think ATL's got a young defense too, so they'll be causing headaches for us in future playoffs.

not as good as rod!

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
My prediction......The Packers wont be in this Super Bowl, so I will be focused more on the commercials :coffee:

But if I had to pick a team. Despite our crappy play on Sunday, which was due in part to Atlanta just being the better team, I see Atlanta's energy and talent being too much for even Tom Brady and the Patriots. 36-28

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Patriots have 35 sacks regular/post season with the #32 easiest strength of schedule in the league.
To compare with something we all know:
Packers had 45 sacks regular/post season with the #12 hardest strength of schedule in the league.
They struggle in the pass rush.
I don't think they will, I have always liked the Pats. But this year I think they are highly overrated and fortunate in how things worked out for them this year and heading into the postseason. But for a one game stage for all the marbles I'll never really bet against Bill and what he can coach up in 2 weeks.

I after seeing Atlanta the past 2 weeks, I have no doubt they are a better team. I think they have a good, but unproven coach compared to the pats. Is he ready to lead his better team to victory or does he have some lessons yet to learn? I think Bill with 2 weeks can figure out a crazy way to beat any team, or I wouldn't even think this game would be close actually

Sky King

Reaction score
In keeping with my custom of the past 20 years+, once the Packer's season ends so does my interest in watching any more NFL football. I predict that I won't care who wins the SB; won't care who has the best commercial; won't care which has-been performer will be taking the stage at halftime (or ********-up the National Anthem); and I certainly will not succumb to all the media hype and hoopla before, during, and after the game. No longer do I have a horse in the race and that is absolutely the key factor that determines my NFL interest level. For me, the NFL viewing season has already ended.

Therefore, I will be doing something special with my family in lieu of wasting my time watching two teams that I could not care less about. And from experience I can tell you that we have most public places all to ourselves on SB Sunday, except for any establishment that features a TV that's tuned into the game. It's really great to visit National monuments, ski runs, beaches, museums, amusement parks, aquariums, and just about anyplace else that would normally be crowded on a typical weekend. It's a good bucket list day. Plus, I score points with the family. Try it, you'll like it.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
I'm hoping that anybody BUT New England wins the Super Bowl, so I guess that leaves me with Atlanta. :whistling:

In all seriousness, it's going to be the experience of the Patriots v.s. the youth and energy of the Falcons. If they pressure Ryan and he chokes, Patriots take it. If Ryan plays like he played against us, Falcons win.

I'll predict the upset. 34-21. I don't see the Patriots having an answer for Ryan and that O.

PackerFanLV

Cheesehead
Reaction score
BB will show why hes the better coach even with all the talent the falcons have. Patriots rarely make mistakes, patriots 31 falcons 27

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When the Falcons do make mistakes, the Pats will jump on them, not drop INT's like Green Bay.
Bellichik will come up with a plan to negate Falcons strengths while taking advantage of their youth on defense.
Patriots will roll.

Cheese Meister

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm torn. Part of me wants the underdog Falcons to win, but another would love to see Goodel eat crow giving Brady the Lombardi trophy.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
I picked the Pats to win. Not what I want, it's what I think. This game hinges on the Atlanta defense. IF the Atlanta defense can show up like it has in the last 6 game's and hold the Pats to under 20 points.............Wait never mind.

I just looked at who those teams were.
The Niners, 14 points
The Rams, 13 points
The Panthers, 16 points
The Saints, 32 points
The Seahawks , 20 points
and The Packers. 21 pointss

The Falcons defense will be the key to the game. We should know by halftime if they are up to the task.

Packer96

Cheesehead
Reaction score
BB and Brady with a chance for history, hard to go against them. 35-24 Pats. They want Roger to hand them the trophy.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm hoping the Falcons win but like others have said its hard to go against BB and the Patriots. I don't think it will be easy for either team but then again I didn't think it was going to be easy for any team in the championship games either so what do I know.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
I'm going with the Falcons but won't care if the Pats beat them. I too lose interest once the Pack are finished.

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm torn. Part of me wants the underdog Falcons to win, but another would love to see Goodel eat crow giving Brady the Lombardi trophy.

Packers fans should be rooting for Atlanta. People are saying if Belichick wins, he will be greater than Lombardi. And if Brady wins, no way Rodgers can catch up with him for Greatest QB of All Time.

Members online

Latest posts