Super Bowl: Packers and Kansas City Chiefs

Reaction score
If we had to play The Chiefs in the Super Bowl today, what are our chances
for us to pull out a win?
I for one wouldn't have any finger nails left.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In the SB today, we'd have a shot because Mahomes is not playing his best football. Unfortunately, even when not playing his best he is still amazing.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dear Lord why have this discussion....we aren't even guaranteed the #1 seed yet....let's focus on Carolina.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nobody that we know of on this forum is a part of the organization, aside from a few owners. We can talk about this every week of the season!

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We would definitely have a chance, but it would be a tall order. Their defense is good, but not great, so I think Rodgers would be able to put some points up on them. At the same time, I doubt we'd be able to do much to stop Mahomes. It could come down to who has the ball last. I'd say 60% chance the Chiefs win, because they do have the edge on defense and special teams.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Going into this season, I wouldn't have even given the Packers a credible chance of getting into the Super Bowl, let alone beating Kansas City. But it appears the NFC is in a down year, so we have as much chance of getting there as anyone. Any given Sunday, but I feel like our defensive fatal flaw would pop up in such a game. Of course, there isn't a rule saying KC can't get knocked off. Honestly, the AFC teams scare me more than any of the NFC teams right now.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
As things sit currently, the Packers would need to utilize a targeted approach to play ball control on offense. Do what's necessary to limit the possessions of Mahomes.

And when the Chiefs do get the ball (and I know some will scoff at this), we need to play bend but don't break defense. Give them the underneath stuff. Make them nickel and dime it down the field. The more plays you force them to run, the more likely they could make a mistake.

Not only that, you don't let them beat you over the top. As long as you don't let them beat you over the top, you get them in the redzone where the field shrinks. All of a sudden, there's not near as much room for someone like Tyreek Hill to use his best asset. And for Mahomes to use his.

I haven't fact checked this, but I've heard it multiple times, and I've observed it a little. The Chiefs aren't a very good redzone team. I believe they rank in the bottom third.

Make the Chiefs kick for 3, and rely on Rodgers to get you 7. That's the formula.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
If we get of the NFC playoffs? I'm still haunted by Tampa ... but, straight up on KC? I don't see Pettine's squad as capable and if ONE Packer drive doesn't result in a TD .. We're done against that. K.C. offense

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How about we focus on finishing this regular season rather than project who our opponent will be in the SB shall we?

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How about we focus on finishing this regular season rather than project who our opponent will be in the SB shall we?
While that would also be my preference... there is nothing wrong with fans looking ahead. Despite what many of us appear to think we have nothing to do with the teams success. If somebody wants to speculate about a possible SuperBowl opponent I see nothing wrong with that.

Last edited:

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Green Bay played the chiefs in the super bowl it would be a absolute blowout.. I hope we get there any given Sunday.. but if you look at our opponents we have beaten one team with a winning record.. we are the same as last year they haven’t beaten anybody good besides the saints. I hope they prove me wrong but I think they are one and done especially if they play the bucs. I think Brady is going to the super bowl again..............

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Green Bay played the chiefs in the super bowl it would be a absolute blowout.. I hope we get there any given Sunday.. but if you look at our opponents we have beaten one team with a winning record.. we are the same as last year they haven’t beaten anybody good besides the saints. I hope they prove me wrong but I think they are one and done especially if they play the bucs. I think Brady is going to the super bowl again..............
I attributed the majority of your post to a fatalistic sense of fandom... but your last sentence made me start laughing. Despite the way they played against the Packers, I have seen nothing from the Buccaneers that makes me feel like they are much better than an average team. Brady certainly isn’t lighting the world on fire either.

Guacamole

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Unless this team figures out how to be even marginally better on defense and special teams, they could be one and done again. A very entertaining football team, just probably not a Super Bowl Champion. But **** does happen.

OP
OP
Wi. Mike now in Florida
Reaction score
Unless this team figures out how to be even marginally better on defense and special teams, they could be one and done again. A very entertaining football team, just probably not a Super Bowl Champion. But **** does happen.

I agree on the above.
We seem to be playing with one or two players short especially on special teams.
When was the last time we had a ball returned on kick-off's?....can you say Desman Howard !!!!!!!

Also, we need another receiver to run crossing routes with Adam's

jon

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think it would be a shoot out, one of those 'last team to have the ball' games.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Despite the way they played against the Packers, I have seen nothing from the Buccaneers that makes me feel like they are much better than an average team. Brady certainly isn’t lighting the world on fire either.
The main reason I'm participating in this discussion is (as I said before), going into this season I didn't give the Packers a snowball's chance of making the Super Bowl. That has changed. There doesn't appear to be a clearly dominant team in the NFC right now, and it's anybody's game.

That includes the Bucs, although I'm sure there are many people who don't want to see Brady in another Super Bowl. Or they may not even make the playoffs.

LambeauLombardi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
KC can't run the ball. Oddly the way Pettine calls plays we match up with them pretty well. He is overly conservative and he sure will be with Tyreek Hill running downfield.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Yeah, just as last year, I like the one week at a time approach.

Obviously at this point, we gotta see what kind of playoff path we have. Clinching the number one seed would certainly be a huge accomplishment that would up our chances, but as we've seen in the past, it certainly can be meaningless if we're not on our A-game.

I disagree with the poster who seems to think the Bucs are the biggest threat in the NFC. They may have beaten us, but that was way back in week 6, and over the last four weeks they've gone 1-3, and their defense hasn't looked as sharp. Vikes would have made last week's game closer if Dan Bailey hadn't stunk so bad. Anyway, we probably got bigger chances of facing the NFC East winner - which is no gimme either - than we do the Bucs because at this point TB is likely going to be on the road throughout the playoffs, and most likely heading out to LA or Seattle.

But the Chiefs for their part got some big competition to watch out for. I'd give the Browns, Bills, and even the Titans as good a chance as any to knock em out. No telling, but they gotta get through a buzzsaw too without running outta gas.

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
I have seen nothing from the Buccaneers that makes me feel like they are much better than an average team. Brady certainly isn’t lighting the world on fire either.

I totally agree with this. I watched the Bucs - MN game. MN was absolutely the better team. Brady had one decent throw all day. I thought he looked really bad. He was missing wide open guys. He didn't even look average to me. They won because they put a couple of drives together and Dan Bailey decided to miss 3 FG's and a PAT. I found this hilarious and was happy the Bucs won. Again, the Bucs do not impress me either. Rodgers basically threw 2 pick 6's, which totally turned that games momentum. I was like the Packers mailed it in after that.

Now, the Rams scare me. Great defense with a good enough offense. They can slow the Packers down and score enough to put them away. I'm excited to see how this season plays out. Either way, I've enjoyed it.

Members online

Latest posts