Super Bowl halftime show?

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Even with Rebecca Black? "Friday."
A news item the next day:
In a very strange phenomenon millions of Super Bowl watchers at home as well as all of the fans in the stadium reported a case of ear bleeding from both ears simultaneously as soon as Rebecca Black sang the very first note of her song "Friday" during her Super Bowl halftime show.
In a related story, following her half time appearance, Rebecca Black has received an estimated 10 million death threats which has forced her to move to an unknown location where authorities are advising her to remain for the rest of her life and are telling her to never release any more songs ever again.

eric

Hater gonna hate
Reaction score
The hell is lettuce be reality thing.

Dang Cowboy troll. Go troll the fins board or eagle board or something.

Just has to be this fourm.

lettuce be reality Cowboys suck.

I've been here longer than you, hardly a troll

engelke

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's Madonna, who has no business on a football field. Football is a high intensity, visceral, relentless game. Bring on Judas Priest for cripesakes!

now we're talking! "Between the hammer and the anviiiiiiiiiiiiilllllll!!!!!"

bhuggins

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Madonna? I can live with that. But, since the game is in Indy, why not Mellencamp? The league seems reluctant to have newer artists perfrom with the exception being last year's disaster. I don't know if it was totally their fault but the sound was horrible and they seemed rather nervous and out of sync.

What I would like to see is a compilation of various acts share the stage. Bring in some southern rock acts - Skynrd, Allman Brothers, Charlies Daniels and top it off with the Zac Brown Band. Or do a Motown theme with multiuple acts from that era. There is alotthey could do but nothing will tope Springsteen. Wait........ bring in Bob Seeger!!!!!

Hype

Cheesehead
Reaction score
if they really wanted to have an epic halftime show....they would get Metallica, Anthrax, Slayer and Megedeth to do one song each

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Madonna? I can live with that. But, since the game is in Indy, why not Mellencamp? The league seems reluctant to have newer artists perfrom with the exception being last year's disaster. I don't know if it was totally their fault but the sound was horrible and they seemed rather nervous and out of sync.

What I would like to see is a compilation of various acts share the stage. Bring in some southern rock acts - Skynrd, Allman Brothers, Charlies Daniels and top it off with the Zac Brown Band. Or do a Motown theme with multiuple acts from that era. There is alotthey could do but nothing will tope Springsteen. Wait........ bring in Bob Seeger!!!!!
Mellancamp? Bob Seeger? A Motown theme?
Why aren't you the halftime planner.
I like those ideas!

I think for a game at halftime they already did a Motown thing. I could have sworn I saw something with multiple stages.
I tried to find it on YouTube but they don't have everything.
This could be it:
http://www.nfl.com/thanksgiving/sto...ow-to-highlight-thanksgiving-day-festivities-

Madonna? I can just see it now....
*Gets up on stage 10 minutes late*
Sorry I'm late guys. I was just.. umm.... hanging with a few players in their locker room just now.... We were just...uhhh... talking. Yeah, that's it. Just talking. Nothing else. Don't look at me like that.

What is she going to sing? Medley of hits from the 80's? She hasn't done anything that's relevant since then, has she?

Hype

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Mellancamp? Bob Seeger? A Motown theme?

Sorry I'm late guys. I was just.. umm.... hanging with a few players in their locker room just now.... We were just...uhhh... talking. Yeah, that's it. Just talking. Nothing else. Don't look at me like that.

well hey now...the Packers benifted last year with the halftime show running abit longer then it was supposed to so maybe Madonna isn't such a bad idea after all

OP
OP
Bogart

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
Still go with Pink Floyd if I had a choice, we have to honor the foundation of what inspired all those that were young at one time in the 1980's.

If the Stones got to do it, then Pink Floyd surely should get the honor too.

Pink Floyd's album "Animals" was one of the very first CD's I ever owned when they started making them, very weird album at the time for my young age, but I fell in love with the song Dogs and was hooked ever since. Sometimes I think people stereotype them for one or two albums (The Wall, Dark Side of the Moon) but they forget, all their work from let's say 1974-1981 was ground breaking at the time.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Still go with Pink Floyd if I had a choice, we have to honor the foundation of what inspired all those that were young at one time in the 1980's.

If the Stones got to do it, then Pink Floyd surely should get the honor too.

Pink Floyd's album "Animals" was one of the very first CD's I ever owned when they started making them, very weird album at the time for my young age, but I fell in love with the song Dogs and was hooked ever since. Sometimes I think people stereotype them for one or two albums (The Wall, Dark Side of the Moon) but they forget, all their work from let's say 1974-1981 was ground breaking at the time.
To me, I think when it's a classic band such as The Stones, Pink Floyd, The Who etc, it kinda in a way cheapens them.
They only get so many minutes to showcase a whole lifetime or catalog of their work. And all they do is give us little snippets of their biggest hits instead of underrated classics that you can find on the B side.
I think the more modern, dance hit, nuthing-matters-but-the-beat kinds of groups is a better fit because their lyrics don't have as much meaning as the classic groups.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score

Well if it's a Packers/Steelers re-match and Big Ben seems tired in the second half......

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Disco time starting with this guy.
Props to those who can watch the whole thing from start to finish. LOL

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Followed by K.C.!

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

bhuggins

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Eric Clapton would be a good choice but I do like the idea of having multiple acts.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts