Super Bowl 49 prediction

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No, I'm not going to predict the score, mostly because I don't care. What I am going to predict is that this will be the lowest rated Super Bowl in the last 20 years. I think aside from the Northeast and Northwest, nobody really cares who wins this thing. I'm just not able to pick a team to cheer for, so I'll probably find something better to do, like clean and sharpen the grooves in my golf clubs or something. Most of the people I've talked to have said pretty much the same. So therein the question... are you going to watch it, and if so who are you pulling for?

dbain21

Chicagoland Packer Fan
Reaction score
The northeast is a big market so I don't see that happening with the pats in it. I said in another thread i'll only be watching under the influence of alcohol...and If so I'll be periodically shouting YEEEE BRADYYY BEAT THOSE BAS*****

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Seattle.

Because it keeps NE off our tails for #5. I want to get #5 before they do and even the Giants.

PackManDan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope the Patriots win, mostly because I'm a bitter bastard and don't want to see Seattle win. I also don't want to see their annoying fans brag for another year. I'll definitely tune in for at least the first quarter. After that, who knows. Depends on how competitive it is.

King of Jeans

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would rather the Pats win but I am not going to watch because any game where the patriots are the preferred option is not a game worth wasting my time on.

Slayer Dude

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1st of all, I'm a football fan... I will root for the Patriots because I just could not accept it if Russell Wilson has more Superbowl wins than Peyton Manning, Drew Brees, or even Aaron Rodgers.

Tom Brady is better than all three of the above so even if he wins a 4th ring, that won't make the facts any different from the norm.

Jdeed

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I predict the balls are not under inflated and Brady has a rougher time throwing the ball.

27-20 Seattle.

Packerlifer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I may look at some of the game but won't be heavily invested in it.

I expect and prefer New England to win. Partly due to my feelings about Seattle but I think Belichick and Brady really want that fourth SB Championship and they won't be denied after losing their last two trips narrowly. And if they do we can always point out that the Packers defeated them this past season with a little more pride.

It may turn out to be somewhat fortunate that the Packers didn't get to this Super Bowl. I'm sure B & B learned some things from that game at Lambeau they would use against the Pack on the big stage. If losing in the conference championship is bad, losing the Super Bowl could feel even worse.

Jdeed

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I may look at some of the game but won't be heavily invested in it.

I expect and prefer New England to win. Partly due to my feelings about Seattle but I think Belichick and Brady really want that fourth SB Championship and they won't be denied after losing their last two trips narrowly. And if they do we can always point out that the Packers defeated them this past season with a little more pride.

It may turn out to be somewhat fortunate that the Packers didn't get to this Super Bowl. I'm sure B & B learned some things from that game at Lambeau they would use against the Pack on the big stage. If losing in the conference championship is bad, losing the Super Bowl could feel even worse.

LOL if Seattle or NE loses after leading 19-7 with 5 mins to go, but this loss was worse than losing a SB because of how it played out and the fact GB should be in the Super Bowl right now......If only....I doubt people would mind losing in a SuperBowl compared to what happened last weekend.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll watch because I love football, I've never missed a super bowl, and, well....it's the super bowl.
IMO, Pats will win.

Jdeed

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll watch because I love football, I've never missed a super bowl, and, well....it's the super bowl.
IMO, Pats will win.

All I have watched the last 10-15 years or so is the Superbowl....first season in awhile I watched weekly this year.

Reaction score
I love football as much as the next guy and have watched and rooted for my Packers for close to 55 plus years, but the season ended for me last Sunday. I haven't turned to a sports page in our local rag or tuned into ESPN or the NFL network since that game ended and there's no need to change my mind now. I'm devastated and still VERY pizzed and that feeling will haunt me until next season's kick off. I had stated that my worst nightmare would be a SB including these two teams and it has now materialized. I absolutely DESPISE Pete Carroll's sideline demeanor as well as the cocky conceded arrogant personalities of some of his players on and off the field. The constant "taunting" crap from some of the Seattle players has no place in the NFL and I've seen enough of it for this year from them. No desire to set through it on SB Sunday.

I hope NE hangs "50" on them!

grampi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Though I don't give one iota of a crap about either of these teams, I think if SEA plays like they did against GB, they lose...no way they're gonna get a SB victory with the lucky garbage they pulled off against the Packers....

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not watching. I used to have Seahawks season tickets. Seattle is a GREAT city. That said I only know 3 TRUE She-hawk fans, ( people who really loved the She's before they got "good"). All three of the are very nice people, true football fans. The rest of the people I see who run around acting like idiots or getting in your face if you're wearing a Packer jersey or hat, are band wagon jumping wannabes. A couple of years from now the Shehawks will probably once again be sending me mailers begging me to buy season tickets. How would you like to be amongst the thousands who fled the stadium early because they thought their team would lose? What happened to staying to THANK your team for the effort they gave that year?

Ok..... Vent over.... I had to sit through boorish She-hawk fans last year at an event here in Hawaii, so this year I'm going to go play 18 holes, check in on my phone once in a while and hope Seattle loses in a particularly painful and embarrassing way.

I think Green Bay showed how to shut Seattle down, and I think NE has the defense to do it. You can bet Bellichek will have a ton of wrinkles he's been saving for this game.

Pats 27 She's 13

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Seattle dominates the Pats, that will be a second kick in our guts since we'll think the Packers would have dominated the Pats too. So the best scenario is for the Pats to win 63-10. Then we'll be glad we lost to Seattle and saved ourselves the humiliation of getting blown out in the Super Bowl.

Sky King

Reaction score
100% guaranteed that I'll be doing something else rather than watching the game. Whenever the Packers have played their last down the season is over for me as it has been since the late 1980's. There are plenty of better things to do than watch what could have been. Besides, the Packers had both finalists beaten this year although they failed to finish one of those games.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
If Seattle dominates the Pats, that will be a second kick in our guts since we'll think the Packers would have dominated the Pats too. So the best scenario is for the Pats to win 63-10. Then we'll be glad we lost to Seattle and saved ourselves the humiliation of getting blown out in the Super Bowl.

I've just been thinking a one legged QB, a grieving head coach, and a misfiring special teams unit versus a team with a QB who deflates the ball, a head coach that would pull out all stops, and well lets say a team that may or may not have cheated, I'd bet heavily on the second team to win. I have found more peace thinking, Rodgers will get healthy and won't **** up his leg to extend his career, McCarthy getting the chance to grieve for a terrible loss, and HOPE that management makes drastic moves to change the Packers special teams. That is what has helped me.

Now as for the topic. I'm predicting gas will be $1.79 a gallon and I'll be on the road during the Super Bowl that would have the Seahawks do some kind of 4th quarter magic that allows them to win another one, while ratings slide. Its too bad that the lights go out and the other team has a sudden turn around trick was already done or I would bet on that.

Circa1919

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I honestly don't mind the Patriots winning. Even if they deflated footballs, that didn't cause the Colts to lose 45-7. Seahawks got lucky with "Chosen one" Wilson against us. I'll take the team who resoundingly proved they deserve to be in the Super Bowl over one who barely squeaked in.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm not watching. I used to have Seahawks season tickets. Seattle is a GREAT city. That said I only know 3 TRUE She-hawk fans, ( people who really loved the She's before they got "good"). All three of the are very nice people, true football fans. The rest of the people I see who run around acting like idiots or getting in your face if you're wearing a Packer jersey or hat, are band wagon jumping wannabes. A couple of years from now the Shehawks will probably once again be sending me mailers begging me to buy season tickets. How would you like to be amongst the thousands who fled the stadium early because they thought their team would lose? What happened to staying to THANK your team for the effort they gave that year?

seattle has sold out the stadium for 10+ years, not something I think is done by just casual fans

PackersRules

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The butthurt in this thread is amazing. So our team choked. Get over it. Are you telling me you are not gonna watch the Superbowl because GB isn't there and Seattle is. LOL WTF kind of loser mentality is this. You should be a football fan first and foremost regardless who plays in the end.

Members online

Latest posts