Sunday Conversations

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is what I got off of interviews from packers.com today, SUNDAY, about mini camp 2, day 3.

Mike McCarthy - sounds like a lot of guys got banged up today. lol. Ahman got some work in today, but theyre gonna be smart with him. Said these were good,intense practices. Sounds like the Defense is better than the Offense. He said OTAs are going to be just like Training Camp. Everything will be in place by June 22nd(my birthday). "Scott Wells is doing an outstanding job." He says guys committing in the offseason is paying off. He says A-Rod is improving, as is Ingle Martin(a packerforum favorite). Says everyones work ethic is pretty good.

Nick Barnett - Says guys are picking it up fast. Younger guys are comfortale. He thinks there is going to be a lot of DB competition, he says there are a lot of DBs making big plays back there(best news ever). He says "I don't think I'll be moving" to OLB, and he "feels at home" at the MLB position, but says he would if they asked, but they aren't going to.

Robert Ferguson - Says its a totally different atmosphere this year. Says no excuses this year. Feels great. Said it took him a while to get over the clothesline, but is faster and stronger and better than ever before(interesting). He said hes glad he has a clean slate with these coaches, and everything the new coaches have seen have been positive. He says the coaches have confidence in him, and he has a purpose. LOL, he said A-Rod is getting better and is stepping into the leader role, and is becoming more vocal...as much as they LET him. lol.

Samkon Gado - Said Ahman being there picked Gado up, made him excited. Ahman is helping him when Gado messes up(misses a read, or blitz pickup).

Ahman Green - Feels good. He says he was surprised they let him do what they did. He did every activity out there that didnt involve a helmet. He felt good. He paced himself, didnt do too much. (they asked him like 12 questions on his health\injury). He says it was a good surprise to get out there.

Mark Tauscher - said the coaches want to hang their hat on the running game. They asked him how it felt to see ahman back, and he said "He's HERE?!" Tauscher is a funny guy.

Greg Jennings - had some drops. Was comfortable with the offense. He said he'll be ready if they ask him to jump right in. Coach mccarthy said he is making huge strides. Jennings says hes just comfortable, and is reacting. Had a big TOUCHDOWN in the red zone drill,which he got from creating after the catch(that excites me).

Timmons

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Huh? A green bay packer receiver that gains yards after the catch? I don't believe it! Donald Driver has become a master of the second effort, it'd be nice to see more of this. Of course this is a matter of being smart as to when. You don't want to get held up in the middle of the field by one defender, only to get drilled by another.

It's the one thing that drove me nuts about Moss, he was smart about when to lay down and not take a hit. Anyway, here's to more second effort from GB WRs. Who knows, maybe even Brett can hit more guys in stride this year to improve the YAC.

Members online