Suggestion for new Forum Section

Reaction score
I was recently going through old posts from anywhere between 2004 and 2010, and it's fun getting goosebumps while reading certain things members said that turned out to be true.

Instead of bumping threads from almost a decade ago, we should have sort of thread/section on those sort of posts.

Ex:

Aaron Rodgers

Wow glad my first post on this board could be about a good draft pick (for the other two...wow cant wait to type those picks).

I think he is a great steal at pick #24, Rodgers was the top QB in the draft until a last minute shakeup. He can learn under Favre, he's a smart QB, completes a lot of passes, so what if he holds the ball high when he drops back. It was a good pick, and the "successor to Favre" debate can finally go bye bye.

April 25th, 2009 Draft Day - On Clay Matthews Pick
Home run. An absolute home run. I don't care that we gave up 2 3rds to move from 41 to 26, TT has shown an ability to draft well in the later rounds and that makes up for not picking in round 3. I love this pick. It solidifies our backers with someone who can rush the passer, play the run, and is a decent cover backer. This draft is going a long ways towards fixing our D. Maybe a 3-4 end in the late rounds along with an OT somewhere and i'm really really happy. I couldn't be happier with day one.

I know this is the lamest thing to say, but there are just intangibles that you can not measure on some people; work ethic, will to play, commit to excellence.

This guy is the real deal. I went to EVERY USC home game the last 3-4 years, since that is the college team to watch hear, and he was just awesome in the downs I saw him play. Smart, Athletic, and an overall badass. This pick is going to pay dividends, mark my words!
Your words were marked, @robdog , your words were marked!

There are a lot of hidden gem posts inside this forum... We should dig them up! (Without bumping the thread of course!)

Last edited:

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
I was recently going through old posts from anywhere between 2004 and 2010, and it's fun getting goosebumps while reading certain things members said that turned out to be true.

Instead of bumping threads from almost a decade ago, we should have sort of thread/section on those sort of posts.

There are a lot of hidden gem posts inside this forum... We should dig them up! (Without bumping the thread of course!)
Good idea. What you did works well. Maybe post a link to the actual thread.
Personally I think all threads with about 3 years inactivity should automatically lock. They can be resurrected in the manner you just did with a link to the originals.

OP
OP
Bensalama21
Reaction score
Good idea. What you did works well. Maybe post a link to the actual thread.
Personally I think all threads with about 3 years inactivity should automatically lock. They can be resurrected in the manner you just did with a link to the originals.
I agree... Bumping a old thread puts it back up to the top of the whole thread count, which then takes it away from the general timeline when searching for something (shows up as 2013 instead of whatever the last post was, etc)

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Just to be clear, a new forum to post/quote old threads and continue the discussion?
I would think someplace to discuss old threads {3 years dead or more?} to not confuse people when someone digs up "We need a running game" or "Our defense sucks" only to post I don't think so. Can the threads move to the zombie forum by themselves once they are responded too? Or the mods could just move them there after the resurrection. I think if they just automatically lock after a respectable time and just get quoted in a new thread should suffice. Maybe a special forum to find and discuss gems as those previously dug up here.
Name the forum contest: Zombie Gems

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts