1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Stuffing the All Star Ballot

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by mattresell, May 29, 2006.

1. mattresell

mattresell Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I hate that the All Star Game is voted for by the fans. Now that it's no longer simply an exhibition, I feel we should have the best players representing their league rather than just the most popular ones.

To show the league how dumb it is to let fans vote I'm trying to organize a campaign to vote Neifi Perez and Juan Castro into the All Star Game.

I posted this idea in more detail on my blog.

( http://unrestrictedview.blogspot.com/20 ... heard.html )

Deadspin, Baseball Musings, and some other blogs have already posted links, so the word is getting out. If you like the idea or if you just think it'd be humorous to see Perez and Castro take the field at the ASG, please vote.

A link to the voting is at the bottom of the original article linked to above or right here.

( http://www.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/event ... ot_reg.jsp )

2. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    lol, neifi perez

3. kmac

kmac Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey dude, this turned up on the Tucker Max message board. In case you don't know, his book was on the NY Times best seller list and he's got the 2nd most popular blog on the internet.

I voted for all the ****** people I could!

4. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Wrong!

MY blog is the 2nd most popular blog on the internet. It might be #1 now...so you COULD be correct.

5. mattresell

mattresell Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    My roommate posted a link on that board. He's a big Tucker Max fan - as am I really. Anyways, I just checked back on the board on the post has been deleted. I'm guessing he considered it spam.

Either that or Tucker is a HUGE Neifi Perez or Juan Castro fan. :lol:

And yes Trom, your website is number one now. ESPN is shaking in their boots. :lol:

That's 2 smiley faces in one post, which is quite the record for me. I feel gay.

6. mattresell

mattresell Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    A few websites like Fark, Deadspin, and Baseball Musings have picked up on our campaign, so the words getting out.

Earlier this evening I recieved an email from WTKS 104.1, a radio station in Orlando, that is setting up a phone interview with myself and my buddy who runs the blog with me. It's pretty exciting for me!

We'll be on sometime between Monday and Friday. I'll let you guys know. Maybe there's a way you can listen online.

Wish me luck!

7. arrowgargantuan

arrowgargantuan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    good sh!t!!

good luck my man, i'm sure it'll go great.