Studs vs Duds: Injurys Ahoy Captain Edition

L

Lunchboxer

if you can mis judge the ol as bad as you did (given the fact everyone thought you were wrong)....then how can one trust you to judge any part of the game?

It wasnt a Stud nor a Dud. Middle of the Road in my eyes.

I know this game. So dont act like I dont.

Alex

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Watt only got two sacks on Rodgers. I'd say for playing against a guy like that it's pretty good and a drastic improvement from past games this season.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
if you can mis judge the ol as bad as you did (given the fact everyone thought you were wrong)....then how can one trust you to judge any part of the game?
Some of us are just real passionate football fans who lets our heart and emotions rule over our heads.
I dunno if LB is one of those. But if he is, I can understand that since I have gone and still go there sometimes.

And then there are other fans who can keep cool heads and know more about the game.
Fans are a melting pot. It takes all kinds to be loyal and to love their team.

In regards to BB. Just how much should we tolerate?
Not one single RB win with two, count 'em two chances, in a row with one team being not much more than a community college!

L

Lunchboxer

I thought you called them dud? but since you edited it we will never know

I wasnt the one that called you an idiot for duding them, so dont act like I did :)

I removed it due to negative feedback.

I know you think Im an idiot. For thinking BB is a horrible coach.

L

Lunchboxer

Some of us are just real passionate football fans who lets our heart and emotions rule over our heads.
I dunno if LB is one of those. But if he is, I can understand that since I have gone and still go there sometimes.

And then there are other fans who can keep cool heads and know more about the game.
Fans are a melting pot. It takes all kinds to be loyal and to love their team.

In regards to BB. Just how much should we tolerate?
Not one single RB win with two, count 'em two chances, in a row with one team being not much more than a community college!

I just hate BB.

I know Football. I just mis organized the OL Tonight. Wasnt amazing wasnt bad.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not ready to call the refs studs.
I'm just glad to finally, FINALLY see them giving us breaks by flagging other teams.

It's about damn time that they helped us out instead of hurting us.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Watt only got two sacks on Rodgers. I'd say for playing against a guy like that it's pretty good and a drastic improvement from past games this season.
One of those sacks was completely on Rodgers. Held on too long then ran past Lang who was holding Watt giving Watt an easy chance to laterally slide off the block for the sack.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Lunchboxer, why not support your opinion? I don't remember a poster deleting a comment just because "people were getting upset" - I don't think anyone was threatening violence. ;) You say you know the game so why not detail why you hold the opinion of the OL you do? Which O linemen was most to blame? How did Rodgers accomplish a 6 TD 0 INT game with a 133.8 rating with a "dud" unit in front of him? You posted the OL "Did give up few sacks". I assume you meant it gave up A FEW sacks since you categorize their performance as a dud. Houston recorded two sacks and if you remember, one occurred with Lang blocking Watt and Rodgers tried to escape the pocket and ran into Watt. Lang was doing his job on that play. There were pressures I'd charge to the OL, but only one sack. So your comment was close to being correct, not only did the Packers OL give up few sacks, it gave up just one.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm not ready to call the refs studs.
I'm just glad to finally, FINALLY see them giving us breaks by flagging other teams.

It's about damn time that they helped us out instead of hurting us.
Unless you happen to be Sam Shields. Guy just can't seem to get a break.

Pack_Attack_Is_Back

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lunchboxer, why not support your opinion? I don't remember a poster deleting a comment just because "people were getting upset" - I don't think anyone was threatening violence. ;) You say you know the game so why not detail why you hold the opinion of the OL you do? Which O linemen was most to blame? How did Rodgers accomplish a 6 TD 0 INT game with a 133.8 rating with a "dud" unit in front of him? You posted the OL "Did give up few sacks". I assume you meant it gave up A FEW sacks since you categorize their performance as a dud. Houston recorded two sacks and if you remember, one occurred with Lang blocking Watt and Rodgers tried to escape the pocket and ran into Watt. Lang was doing his job on that play. There were pressures I'd charge to the OL, but only one sack. So your comment was close to being correct, not only did the Packers OL give up few sacks, it gave up just one.
Winner, winner, chicken dinner!! :tup:

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
It wasnt a Stud nor a Dud. Middle of the Road in my eyes.

Check this objective look at the OL by McGinn in his review of the game and you may go from thinking the OL was a dud to "middle of the road" to stud:

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/pack...ly-push-someone-around-u477teb-174306971.html

McGinn has been doing these reviews for a very long time and he's as objective a reporter as you'll find IMO. Not perfect but pretty damn good. I've been reading these reviews for as long as he's been doing them and as I posted (too) many times, it's must reading for serious Packers fans, IMO. Anyone who believes he's a cheerleader for the team just has to check out his recent column on the problems on D to be dissuaded of that notion. He gives the OL 4.5 stars out of 5. Particularly of interest to me was how well Newhouse did in pass protection. That was my impression during the game but I haven't had a chance to watch it again. More good news: Sitton is rounding back into his kick-*** form.

(BTW, it was nice of #25 in the picture above to signal touchdown in anticipation of Jones making that great catch! :D)

Einstein McFly

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I removed it due to negative feedback.

I know you think Im an idiot. For thinking BB is a horrible coach.
Wha...? So do you think the Oline played well or not? Given how well Green did and how they gave up one sack (the other was on Rodgers) and, I think, one hold against a team that was supposed to kill them, I think that's pretty damned good.

BTW, saying "I know the game" doesn't mean anything and sounds defensive. The first thing I think of when someone writes that is "They don't know what they're talking about, wish they did and want everyone to think that they do". If you post something and everyone disagrees, claiming that you "know the game" and then removing it so you don't have to hear criticism doesn't help you learn anything about the game (which is what you should be doing if you want to know more about it).

LZ13

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hayward looks like someone that could help us get us another trophy!

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wha...? So do you think the Oline played well or not? Given how well Green did and how they gave up one sack (the other was on Rodgers) and, I think, one hold against a team that was supposed to kill them, I think that's pretty damned good.

BTW, saying "I know the game" doesn't mean anything and sounds defensive. The first thing I think of when someone writes that is "They don't know what they're talking about, wish they did and want everyone to think that they do". If you post something and everyone disagrees, claiming that you "know the game" and then removing it so you don't have to hear criticism doesn't help you learn anything about the game (which is what you should be doing if you want to know more about it).

I had to redo my list:

Worst Calls of 2012

6. Pass Interference on Shields in Seattle
5. Wearing white shirt on date and ordering spaghetti
4. Unnecessary roughness - Seattle
3. Texting Amy (former Girl Friend) to see if she was still upset
2. Lunchboxer statement the OL sucked vrs the Texans
1. Touchdown not Int at end of Seahawk game

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts