Studs none duds all chargers

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No one said every owner is involves in the sex trade industry.

And neither did I. Just Bob Kraft. But you contended that the Patriots organization (of which he is the biggest player) represents the class of the NFL. Your words, not mine. Just own it already.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I love the Smith brothers, but I agree that they don't offer much game in any area other than pass rushing.

I was actually kind of shocked to see how slow our defense is in space on numerous occasions, the Smith's included. It was like watching 11 sloths on defense try to make a tackle. I thought defensive speed was supposed to be much improved this year.

If you've been paying attention the last few years, it clearly has.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Duds: Over-reacting fans. The Packers organization is the class of the NFL. You should be ashamed, frankly.
it’s not an over reaction to call it like it was. While I agree somewhat with your assessment of the defense, most of the team was a dud today. That doesn’t mean they won’t bounce back, but the title of the thread is studs and Duds. There were a lot of duds and very few studs.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
it’s not an over reaction to call it like it was. While I agree somewhat with your assessment of the defense, most of the team was a dud today. That doesn’t mean they won’t bounce back, but the title of the thread is studs and Duds. There were a lot of duds and very few studs.

My response was to the insane contention that the entire Packers organization is a dud. That's just nonsense.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And neither did I. Just Bob Kraft. But you contended that the Patriots organization (of which he is the biggest player) represents the class of the NFL. Your words, not mine. Just own it already.

Own what? Your weird made up term? What is your definition of "class of the NFL?" The most classy guys? Yeah, if so, it's not the Patriots. Community service? Winning football? Then is definitely would be. What is it? And for the 50 millionth time on the question you refuse to answer, what makes the Packers "the class of the NFL?"

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm sorry, but the burden of proof is on the accuser. You think the Packers are NOT a great organization. State your case.
I am not disputing your original claim.... but I do have to point out your error regarding the burden of proof. You made the claim ... it is definitely your responsibility to back it up.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Let me help you out ErIstGute:

The Packers are the class of the NFL based on numerous factors, including their close community relations being a small town sports team, their historical roots and championship success.

Far and away, the Green Bay Packers play in the smallest sports town for a major professional team in the country. They are the NFL's only community owned team -- not owned by some billionaire owner! -- and on numerous occasions the Packer community has banded together, purchasing shares of stock in the team as a method of funding.

Of course, all this would be fruitless if it didn't result in success, but it has. The Packers have won 13 league championships in their history, more than any other team! Their roots date a century back, they have 4 Lombardi Trophies to their name (the trophy was even named after their famous coach, Vince Lombardi), and no franchise has yet been able to match their level of historical championship success.

For this and many other reasons, I believe the Green Bay Packers are the class of the NFL.

See, doesn't that sound a lot better than "everyone just knows" or "they just are"! I don't even AGREE with you and I can make your point better for you than you can. That's all anyone was asking, just defend your points instead of constantly deflecting.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Studs: The Eagles, Raiders, and Chiefs who made sure that the rest of the division also lost today.

SUGAMAN44

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I may be on my own here, but how are the Smith brothers doing there part? They are one dimensional, which they are pretty good at, but where are they on run def? This def has weaknesses, I think that is a big part, they get paid too much to be one dimensional.

Well I guess compared to rest of defense at least they get some sacks every now and then. But defense has been painful to watch. Almost like last year. When you feel like we can't ever stop any third down.

TDF

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would just like to point out that the Patriots defense has now given up 37 points to the Ravens. By everything I’ve been hearing from the media they are supposed to be the best defense EVER! Just sayin:)

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I love the Smith brothers, but I agree that they don't offer much game in any area other than pass rushing.

I was actually kind of shocked to see how slow our defense is in space on numerous occasions, the Smith's included. It was like watching 11 sloths on defense try to make a tackle. I thought defensive speed was supposed to be much improved this year.

Preston is super versatile. He was strong in run defense today. Players weren't rallying to make the plays when he set the edge. He's also been effective in coverage all year.

Za'Darius also a strong run defender.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Own what?

Your claim that the Patriots are the classiest organization in the NFL. You made the charge. Don't backpedal on it. Nobody's judging you.

What is your definition of "class of the NFL?" The most classy guys? Yeah, if so, it's not the Patriots. Community service? Winning football? Then is definitely would be. What is it? And for the 50 millionth time on the question you refuse to answer, what makes the Packers "the class of the NFL?"

Here's a bit of information for you: I have watched the Packers organization honor and support their own for decades beyond what most franchises do. That includes their retirees, their fans and their community. Beyond that, (and here's the kicker) it's my personal opinion. I believe my Packers are the class of the NFL. You think the Patriots are. Good for you.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would just like to point out that the Patriots defense has now given up 37 points to the Ravens. By everything I’ve been hearing from the media they are supposed to be the best defense EVER! Just sayin:)
They are who we thought they were. They're an overrated team which has played a cupcake schedule. They'll be lucky to break even on their next 4 games. They looked like a .500 team out there. Brady can't make the throws beyond 10 yards and their defense was exposed.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am not disputing your original claim.... but I do have to point out your error regarding the burden of proof. You made the claim ... it is definitely your responsibility to back it up.

I didn't make the original claim. The guy who called the Packers organization a dud made the original claim.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Your claim that the Patriots are the classiest organization in the NFL. You made the charge. Don't backpedal on it. Nobody's judging you.

Here's a bit of information for you: I have watched the Packers organization honor and support their own for decades beyond what most franchises do. That includes their retirees, their fans and their community. Beyond that, (and here's the kicker) it's my personal opinion. I believe my Packers are the class of the NFL. You think the Patriots are. Good for you.

I actually never made that claim, but it's become quite obvious that reading comprehension is not really your thing, so it's all good. You did, however, finally state a reason why you felt that way and then clarified that it is just your personal opinion, which I agree that everyone is entitled to. Kudos!

Ceodore

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Duds: the posters having the ridiculous debate about what a "class" organization is or whatever. It's not remotely on topic of this thread and what are you even talking about?

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Studs
Packer fans at the game. Stayed and cheered till the end.

Jamaal Williams
Great effort

Duds
All others with a Special mention to:

The OC or MLF. Whoever came up with the game plan which called for single blocks on Bosa and Ingram.

MLF for not making adjustments til 2nd half.

Oline

Martinez, who got blocked by his own player on the first TD run.

Seemed like it was played at Lambeau.

fix8ed

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Chiefs are studs for beating the Vikings.

The only silver lining is that if we had to lose a game, this was probably the one to lose. Same week the Vikings lost and losing to an AFC team doesn’t hurt as much for tiebreakers.
Yeah, but had they won this game, the Pack could have comfortably afforded a possible loss to the unbeaten Niners down the road. I am going over to the official GB website now to see if Lafleur gave the "we have to do better" post game speech(copyright Mike McCarthy).

Passepartout

October Outstanding
Reaction score
Hey we lost a game and hopefully it will make the team correct their mistakes there. And try to win again.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They're certainly better than what they showed today.

That said, they're at best a distant 3rd best team in the NFC. If they can't somehow pull it off in San Francisco, I think they can count on playing on Wild Card weekend, and any potential WC opponent is going to be a really tough out this year -- Minnesota, Rams, Seattle are all possibilities.

My guess is that they do win the North, which would be a nice accomplishment after the last 2 years, but probably will find themselves on the road in the divisional round if they get that far and their road most likely ends there.

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
Ok ashamed of what? My comment! Is that it! how did the fans overreact tell me don’t just post some disagreement without your facts.. what was is the organization today was a bust if that’s clarifying for all of you, pick a better comment for your post to fit your reply..

Members online