Studs n duds Texans

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jaire was excellent again. Davante incredible. Rodgers very good. Overall very good despite missing some guys and having a lot of guys pop out during the game from injuries. Chandon was pretty streaky today. Run blocking was unimpressive. Special teams coverage was very poor. Good bounce back game though!

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Stud: Kamal Martin. He showed today he can at least be the top back up on this team if not start.

Duds: Ty Summers. I think with that blown coverage on the TD he may have managed to play himself out of the rotation inside. Raven Greene. I've never seen a guy get so lost on so many plays in one game.

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh, dud for MVS too. I'm a little more patient than most maybe and haven't given up on him... but it's close lol.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs:

1. Davante Adams

2. Jamal Williams

3. Aaron Rodgers

4. The TEs

While I won't say it was a stud, give a little love to Mike Pettine and the defense for holding up when they were put on their heels

Duds:

1. Chandon Sullivan whiffing on tackle

2. MVS

3. ESB

4. Rick Wagner VERY BAD

5. Shawn Menenga and the Special Teams. FIRE HIM!!!

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs

-Adams is quick and back. He's what we know he is.

-Alexander must have been, only heard his name once

-Williams, Jamaal, had a very productive game all the way around.

Things I really liked. Believe it or not, Montravious with 2 games in a row. I figured last week was bizzarro opposite week when everyone else was sucking a bag and he looked good. But he did it again this week. Not super star, but he was doing some good things down in and out. He keeps this up, he may just become a player yet. He was pushing his guys, making tackles, holding ground and aware. Saw a couple young kids make some plays today and I didn't even know some where on the active roster LOL.

Rodgers had a nice day, but he wasn't as hot as some might think by his numbers. He missed some passes.

I'd say for the most part, people played solidly well all the way around except for those I will name next.

-Williams, Dexter. keep him inactive. he blocked so little the guy had to slow down to actually block the punt.

-I have to do it, MVS. I mean at this point he is what he is. I shouldn't get too high or low. But you gotta catch that pass man. those are bread and butter plays in the NFL that keep the chains moving and give you more opportunities. He still has his position in the offense, but if he can't make more plays it will be less, and rightfully so. I'm not putting him as a dud, just disappointed he can't seem to stay consistent and be a regular we can count on.

For what I thought Dillon might do, I was very much less than impressed today. He didn't show me vision or ability to bounce to a hole. I didn't like what I saw.

-Ty Summers. for as active as he seems i don't see him do much. Miss tackles, coverages etc.

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs:
Rodgers
Adams
Williams
Turner
Jenkins
Z. Smith

Duds:
MVS
EQSB
Greene

We have GOT to find another target for Rodgers to throw to, we can't win a Super Bowl with only Adams. Either Tonyan and Sternberger have to blow up and become unstoppable or Gute needs to work the roster, or stop letting WRs like Travis Fulgham go.

Last edited:

LambeauLombardi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know what the scouting/coaching sees in MVS. It's year 3 and the chemistry between him and Rodgers has not improved. Besides run fast what else does he do well? No catches on 4 targets today. We don't know when Lazard is coming back. And what if Lazard and Adams get hurt again at the end of the season? 96 yards in game 1 vs Minnesota. 146 combined the last 5 weeks. I struggle seeing a way his play improves. He also was really bad in the 2nd half of last year. What else do we need to see from him to say this isn't working out.

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
Studs-
Rodgers
Williams
Davante
Jaire Alexander
Krys Barnes
Smith Bros

Surprising studs
Kamal Martin
Josh Jackson
Malik Taylor

Duds
Special Teams
MVS- I am ready for him to be cut to be honest

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs:
Rodgers
Adams
Williams
Turner
Jenkins
Z. Smith

Duds:
MVS
EQSB
Greene

We have GOT to find another target for Rodgers to throw to, we can't win a Super Bowl with only Adams. Either Tonyan and Sternberger have to blow up and become unstoppable or Gute needs to work the roster, or stop letting WRs like Travis Fulgham go.

Gee, outside of a couple of plays I thought Greene did okay. I think we should add P. Smith to the Stud list.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Oh, dud for MVS too. I'm a little more patient than most maybe and haven't given up on him... but it's close lol.
Larry McCarren is really high on MVS' downfield blocking.

Stud: Houston OC. One of the hottest QB's over the past few weeks with one of the deeper WR corps going against a team missing its starting CB and Safety and you run the ball ... a lot.
Midway through the 2nd qtr the play calls were close to 50/50 run/pass.

childerm

Cheesehead
Reaction score

It seemed as if he was actively rooting for Houston throughout the game. After that blocked punt, one could have mistaken him for a lifelong fan that found his way to the microphone after how excited he got.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Stud: Kamal Martin. He showed today he can at least be the top back up on this team if not start.

Duds: Ty Summers. I think with that blown coverage on the TD he may have managed to play himself out of the rotation inside. Raven Greene. I've never seen a guy get so lost on so many plays in one game.

You thought Raven Greene played bad? Were we watching the same game?

Don Barclay

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It seemed as if he was actively rooting for Houston throughout the game. After that blocked punt, one could have mistaken him for a lifelong fan that found his way to the microphone after how excited he got.

He told the viewing audience that Romeo Crennel is a likely candidate for the Hall of Fame. That's....hard to fathom.

Members online

Latest posts