Studs n duds Seattle

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs: James Jones, Richard Rodgers, Mason Crosby, Cobb, Montgomery, Daniels.

Duds: Capers and Clements: How in the world does a pro coach not defend the option well? And how does the OC bog this offense down with these **** and dunk play calls that led the offense no where?

All in all, this was an uncharacteristic game, I thought Raji showed some old BJ that we saw 4 years ago, but maybe it is the lineman he faced, I was sick of losing to Seattle so that made my night.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Most studs already mentioned but IMO Barclay in particular should be singled out as a stud - consider how far he's come from the first preseason game. The KOR team was excellent tonight - excellent!

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Stud: Dom Capers (Waits for the boos and hates) He finally made some adjustments in the 4th quarter and the defense shined when they needed to.

Packerboy95

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs on offense: Linsley, Sitton, Rodgers, cobb, Starks (when it counted)

Studs on defense: Dom Capers and the whole defense

Dagger85

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs:

The defense. Fast start. Sputtered a little, but we are playing a team who went to the Super Bowl the last 2 years. It'll happen. Great adjustments in the 4th.

Jayrone Elliott- HUGE interception and forced fumble. Great performance.

A. Rodgers
J. Jones
R. Rodgers
Montgomery
Starks

Duds:
Hmmm. When you beat the back to back NFC champions by double digits, it is hard to find a dud. I'll go with any fan who said, "we are done" when we went down a few points.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs: James Jones, Richard Rodgers, Mason Crosby, Cobb, Montgomery, Daniels.

Duds: Capers and Clements: How in the world does a pro coach not defend the option well? And how does the OC bog this offense down with these **** and dunk play calls that led the offense no where?

All in all, this was an uncharacteristic game, I thought Raji showed some old BJ that we saw 4 years ago, but maybe it is the lineman he faced, I was sick of losing to Seattle so that made my night.

Defense gives up 17 with two turnovers. Offense puts up 27 on a very good defense.

Some people will never be happy with coaches.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Stud (Dud if you are a SeaHag fan): Richard Sherman

The guy I usually worry about the most as being a game changer. Didn't do much at all tonight except let up during 2 defensive offside penalties which cost the Sea Turkeys a touchdown and a huge pass interference call (on him).

Last edited:

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Great win. The whole team deserves credit--and the coaches for having them ready.

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Day-after dud going to the Seahawks for playing the "refs cost us the game" card. Weakkkkkkkkkk. Got out-played in all facets.

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Too many studs to count. The two on offense that stand out to me outside Aaron Rodgers were Richard Rodgers aND Ty Montgomery. Rodgers has phenomenal hands and Ty came in and looked poised and showed an exciting burst.

When these two were drafted they were not popular picks. I remember one good poster who doubted if Montgomery would play any meaningful minutes on offense bc he had such bad hands. TT and his scouts deserve to be trusted with pretty much any offensive pick

Also need to give props to Raji, Palmer, Starks, Crosby.

Only two negatives I have. Read option defense and the penalties

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

WHen it was truly needed we stopped the option and I don't think they used it again

Our off was without #1 wr, #1 rb, then for a time another wr.

If I would have told you we would be missing those players but still scored 27 on them. . You would be happy

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Semi Stud: Datone Jones. I saw some life un him and he did a few food plays.

Raji looked awesome, but then again he was playing against a player making his first start.

A lot to be excited about.

Dud. Pete Carroll. Shut the hell up you little bitckh. Yelling at the refs when you are clearly wrong makes you look like an ***.

Anyone who.says the hawls recovered the fumble. If the hawks recovered it, why are the 3 Hawks frantically grabbing under Elliott for the first few seconds and Elliott remains motionless? Elliot was not struggling because he had the ball. Hawks were struggling because they didnt.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Shout out to the special teams on kick return coverage too. They smothered a guy who torched other teams.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Most studs already mentioned but IMO Barclay in particular should be singled out as a stud - consider how far he's come from the first preseason game. The KOR team was excellent tonight - excellent!
i just don't see it, he had some plays that were just OK, the rest was all play calling, Rodgers moving, and TE and RB help that gave them the illusion of looking ok. I thought our tackles were border line horrible tonight. Both of them.

I'll give you that he looked a tad better than in his debut in the preseason, but we improve immensely when Bulaga comes back on the right side. I've always thought BK has been a bit overrated, but the season is early and he's shown improvement in his short career. I think we get a bit too excited because he plays better than a Will Whitaker. Maybe his knee is still bothering him. But without help in terms of personnel, and a qb that can move and slide to avoid pressure, I think our tackles were both big duds last night.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Studs: Coaching Staff. Special teams looked solid for a change, Defense made adjustments when needed and Clements adjusted the offense well after injuries to Lacy and Adams.

Was surprised not to see more of Janis in there after Adams went down, but Montgomery showed why he was drafted in the 3rd round and was impressive his first real action at WR. Hope Adams didn't come back too fast, he seemed to be really slowed down by his injury.

Come on Dix, you have to hang on to those interceptions!

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
i just don't see it, he had some plays that were just OK, the rest was all play calling, Rodgers moving, and TE and RB help that gave them the illusion of looking ok. I thought our tackles were border line horrible tonight. Both of them.

I'll give you that he looked a tad better than in his debut in the preseason, but we improve immensely when Bulaga comes back on the right side. I've always thought BK has been a bit overrated, but the season is early and he's shown improvement in his short career. I think we get a bit too excited because he plays better than a Will Whitaker. Maybe his knee is still bothering him. But without help in terms of personnel, and a qb that can move and slide to avoid pressure, I think our tackles were both big duds last night.
Consider who they were playing.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Consider who they were playing.
getting run over is getting run over. I know it was a tough challenge and they were barely above completely withering out there. Thank God we have a mobile QB that knows how to make a line look much better than they are, a coordinator that recognized that playcalls and protections needed changing and extra bodies out there to help them out, or there's a good chance we're playing KC with a #2 QB

I can't give them an adequate rating, let alone call either a "stud" for this game. I expect to beat teams like this all year long when we face them and in the playoffs. Our Tackles need much better play

greenandgold

I'm Dirty Hairy Callahan
Reaction score
One disturbing thing. Wilson goes back to pass, he has pretty much all day to find somebody. It seemed like every time Rogers went back, he ended up running to avoid a sack. Now granted with Lacy out, Seattle was blitzing a lot more than they normally would. But it would have been nice to see Rogers at least a couple of times to just sit in the pocket and survey the field.
Studs: Aaron of course. Starks for ripping off some huge runs when we needed to kill some clock. What can you say about James Jones? It was like he never left Green Bay. And Mason Crosby is smoking hot lately. Our run defense.
Duds: D-line, Wilson time after time just had so long to find an open receiver. It looks like we still need a lot of practice and experience in our defensive backs. Clinton-Dix drops a sure one that would have stopped Seattle's first TD drive.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts