Studs n Duds Packers Vs Lions: There was a Football Game?

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
Studs Williams caught an INT,Shields looked okay another INT on Megatron.

Clay Mathews stipped the football from Reggie Bush and other good plays.

Crosby Nailed a long FG.

Duds EVERYONE ELSE THATS INVOLVED WITH THIS FOOTBALL TEAM.

Plus a Special Dud to AJ Hawks Chin Strap

Last edited:

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One Stud. Shields played well. Everyone else DUD. Top of that list is MM and next is Capers. Just awful.

Probably the worst Packer performances I have seen in the last 5 years.

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
Studs: Clay, Sheilds, would have given Tramon a 1/2 Stud, but REALLY your most aggressive play was shoving the ref
Duds: Do not have enough space on my computer screen to list them all…..

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Every team has some down time after years of success. The Packers have picked near the bottom rounds of the draft almost every year and obviously not having Rodgers hurts a lot.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Every team has some down time after years of success. The Packers have picked near the bottom rounds of the draft almost every year and obviously not having Rodgers hurts a lot.
All true. But the fact is the team seemed ill prepared. The play calling was unimaginative. The players effort seemed poor. Maybe Jones and Nelson played well - but just didn't have much for opportunities.

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
The way the O'line performed A-Rod may have had some but not much more results..they were Flat out BAD…No protection No blocking, No win..

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
Studs Williams caught an INT,Shields looked okay another INT on Megatron.

Clay Mathews stipped the football from Reggie Bush and other good plays.

Crosby Nailed a long FG.

Duds EVERYONE ELSE THATS INVOLVED WITH THIS FOOTBALL TEAM.

Plus a Special Dud to AJ Hawks Chin Strap
Well maybe you should buy the Packers that round of drinks..they sure played stoned today….

jaybadger82

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs: Packer fans in full-on meltdown mode during today's ***-kicking. They're in beast mode right now, myself included.

Duds: Add Sitton to this list for his high profile and poorly-timed criticism of the Lions' defensive line. ***.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Duds are too many to count. Basically, it seems that this team lost its heart and soul sometime over the last 4 weeks and they played with nothing resembling any inspiration today. They were just bodies out there.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thought I would step away and post later with a level head. I think I am more frustrated now, than I was during/just after the game. This is the worst coaching job we have seen in Green Bay since the Infante years. How the hell did that meeting Sunday night go?

MM: Okay coaches, we have a short week, what should we do to beat the Lions? Anybody? I'm thinking we just hand off to Lacy.
MM: Campen, can we get some push up front and open some holes?
Campen: Hell no! They are really good and our OL gets dominated by average defensive lines.
MM: But Lacy is doing good.
Campen: He's doin that by himself.
MM: Okay. Well, he's going to have to do it all by himself. I say we just run 90% of the time and call it good.

Capers: For defense, do you want me to dial up some clever coverages for Megatron and a few creative blitzes to confuse Stafford?
All: (Laughing)
MM: Good one. Okay, everyone. Lets get serious. Nope. I say you just keep up the good work, Dom. And remember - I don't want them using that sideline. Make sure you have that sideline covered. I don't care if you have to vacate the middle of the field.
Capers: Gotcha.

Janitor: So let me get this straight, on offense your plan is to go straight into the strength of their defense - their line - when your teams weakness is the offensive line? And don't you risk putting your QB, who you clearly don't trust, into some unfavorable 3rd and long situations?

MM: Yeah, well, ummm, its all about pad level.

Last edited:

Packerlifer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This game and this month can be flushed where it belongs. Maybe the short week was a factor but there's no Super Bowl on the horizon for a team with such a milquetoast o-line and flailing, powerpuff defense. Even Aaron Rodgers won't flourish working with that.

azrsx05

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ted Thompson will need to pull his head out if his *** and realize that his draft and develope will only get him so far. Bring in some free agents. Not necessarily over pay, but someone who has proven to be reliable and can be an asset in the locker room. McCarthy needs to stop calling the plays. We need an offensive coordinator that is not so damn predictable. Rodgers makes up for too many of the offend flaws. Capers needs to get canned immediately. We are not a horrible team. We have some pretty darn good players but we can't put it all together. Get a different training staff. Injuries are ridiculous. Players also need to play up. Funny how the players who took the pay cuts are the ones playing better than anyone. This season is a great eye opener and hopefully will let the team reevaluate everyone and make some tough decisions.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ted Thompson will need to pull his head out if his *** and realize that his draft and develope will only get him so far. Bring in some free agents. Not necessarily over pay, but someone who has proven to be reliable and can be an asset in the locker room. McCarthy needs to stop calling the plays. We need an offensive coordinator that is not so damn predictable. Rodgers makes up for too many of the offend flaws. Capers needs to get canned immediately. We are not a horrible team. We have some pretty darn good players but we can't put it all together. Get a different training staff. Injuries are ridiculous. Players also need to play up. Funny how the players who took the pay cuts are the ones playing better than anyone. This season is a great eye opener and hopefully will let the team reevaluate everyone and make some tough decisions.
Yes. It will get you a Superbowl Championship. This is not a TT issue.

DOCTORAPK

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, this could/ should stop all the pontificating about Saint TT, and his apostles MM and DC. The Packers were lucky to have AR drop to them. A few hits, but mainly misses with drafting, and garbage FA's.
Anyone still think TT should be Executive of the year?
A friend of mine said"well, at least it was close for a while."
In points, maybe, and because of Lions miscues......but once the Lions stepped on the gas.....it was all over.
We need Rodgers, of course, but he is only one guy. The rest= not enough. A poorly constructed team.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, this could/ should stop all the pontificating about Saint TT, and his apostles MM and DC. The Packers were lucky to have AR drop to them. A few hits, but mainly misses with drafting, and garbage FA's.
Yes.

Anybody really think one game defines a GM?

DOCTORAPK

Cheesehead
Reaction score
[quot="AmishMafia, post: 526993, member: 2846"]Yes.

Anybody really think one game defines a GM?[/quote]
This is building....not diminishing.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
A friend of mine said"well, at least it was close for a while."
In points, maybe, and because of Lions miscues......but once the Lions stepped on the gas.....it was all over.
We need Rodgers, of course, but he is only one guy. The rest= not enough. A poorly constructed team.

There were 23 other GMs that allowed Rodgers to fall to the Packers

RustyShackleford

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes.

Anybody really think one game defines a GM?

Do you really think that these gripes would be surfacing if the Packers didn't lay eggs against the Bears, Eagles, Giants, and Vikings as well? It's not one game, it's 5. Today's performance was completely consistent with those games. It just looked worse because they were playing a better team.

I've been a supporter of TT and MM but I think these past 5 games might just be the emporer-has-no-clothes moment for one or both of those. Lots of parallels between recent Packers teams and the 2000's Indianapolis Colts. One Super Bowl win and lots of blown opportunities. When Manning went down in 2011, everyone realized that it was really a badly constructed/coached team that was kept up by the play of an amazing quarterback. To no one's surprise, both the GM and Coach didn't survive the offseason. I don't think that happens to TT and MM, but it's hard for me to really see how the Packers play without Rodgers isn't a similar indication.

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts