Studs n duds Niners playoffs

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Did you just use retarded to described fans?

Please dont do that ever again
What about "retarded" being properly used as a past tense verb?

Example: It could be reasonably argued that Aaron Rodgers trust issues have retarded the development of his receiving corps.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree they aren't as frequent as they used to be, but that's because it's not needed. Not because he can't.
He didn't do it much during MM's last season. He shied away from them for the most part. He also had far more inaccurate throws than he used to have pre-injury. Throwing low or behind to wide open receivers used to be a rarity. It's fairly commonplace now. It happened frequently 3 days ago.

Indy Fan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is there a ring or trophy the team gets for having the QB with the best stats? We have no idea what Jordan Love can do… just like we had no idea what Rodgers could do years ago (or next year for that matter). You sign Rodgers to a gigantic multi-year deal and somehow his feelings get hurt again and we are SUPER screwed… he melted down in this game and reverted to trying pitch and catch with Adams, last year he fizzled in the second half, spazzed out on 3rd and goal, then threw his coach and team under the bus… sorry… I’m more than ready to move on rather than mortgaging the next 5 years on a guy who hasn’t gotten it done and is LESS likely to get it done as time goes on
He not only has better stats as the QB but the offense he leads has scored more points per game and per drive than Brady, Brees, Manning, and probably any QB not named Mahomes. The reason Brady has so many rings is his defenses/ST have allowed about a TD less per game. Many of you probably think Manning was the better QB since he won 2 and made 4, but as someone who watched nearly all of his games, I can assure you that he was not. This is the 1st game of Rodgers playoff career where they scored under 20 points and it took 0 degrees, no o-line, and horrible special teams to make that happen. Look at how many times Brady or Manning offenses were shut down and yet their defenses and special teams frequently bailed them out.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd rather have Rodgers than anyone else. Anyone. I want him back..But he isnt above being criticized

Again. ST plays average they win. We all agree.

Do you agree with this statement?

if offense (offense as a whole not just one player) does what they are supposed to do (score points) they win.

First its "the offense needs to score points" we point out the offense did score points, 10 of them.

then it's "the offense needs to score enough points" we point out that if STs didn't give up 10 points the offense would have scored enough points. 10 of them.

Then its "well the offense needs to score more points" I kind of wish we could keep this up just to see how many points our offense really needed to score .

Special teams has two jobs really. Score points (FGs and EPs) and change field position (kicks, returns and coverage) They failed. They failed several times not just the blocked FG and punt. Fortunately the defense pretty much bailed them out on most of the occasions where they were able to. Its hard for your defense to bail you out though when they don't even get the chance and you give up points directly.

There always seems to be a BUT

Just read some of the replies to me.

Sure aaron could played better. But 10 points was enough..

One ladt time.

Offense needed 14 to win and didnt get it. For what ever reason, the offense didnt score enough. Plain and simple.

Thats my and a lot of others in the interwebs opinions.

You or whoever thinks different, thats your opinion.

Tired of this. My opinion doesnt need to be nit picked. Doesnt need to be dragged out every post..doesnt need to be twisted.

I wanted offense to score more
Man the Bills offense really should have done more against the Chiefs. They didn't score enough points to win.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Much like 'I'm happy with the season if...' a major factor is doing or not doing enough is expectation.

Man the Bills offense really should have done more against the Chiefs. They didn't score enough points to win.
If we offered Bills fans the chance to lock in 36 points before the game, I think a bunch of them would be fine with it, especially since that would have handily won the regular season game. The fact that KC scored more makes me feel the Bills faithful are more upset with their D. And, given the screwed-up OT rules, they probably feel they could have at least kept the game going if their O at least had a chance.

Along the same lines, if I had offered you the chance to have SF end with 13 (and AR playing the whole game), and/or the chance to go into the 4th quarter with 3, wouldn't you have been willing to accept that with confidence? Hence, I'd hang it on the O.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Much like 'I'm happy with the season if...' a major factor is doing or not doing enough is expectation.

If we offered Bills fans the chance to lock in 36 points before the game, I think a bunch of them would be fine with it, especially since that would have handily won the regular season game. The fact that KC scored more makes me feel the Bills faithful are more upset with their D. And, given the screwed-up OT rules, they probably feel they could have at least kept the game going if their O at least had a chance.

Along the same lines, if I had offered you the chance to have SF end with 13 (and AR playing the whole game), and/or the chance to go into the 4th quarter with 3, wouldn't you have been willing to accept that with confidence? Hence, I'd hang it on the O.

I was being sarcastic or whatever the right word is. I'm sure Bills fans are more than happy with the way their offense performed.

Yes, if you would have told me the 49ers would only score 13 points I would have felt very confident in our chances.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was being sarcastic or whatever the right word is. I'm sure Bills fans are more than happy with the way their offense performed.

Yes, if you would have told me the 49ers would only score 13 points I would have felt very confident in our chances.
Sorry, I read your post as meaning that any offense that loses can be bashed for not scoring enough. Agree with these comments.

Big L

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well in the end I agree...he did not they needed a score on that final drive and he did not produce one bottom line

All im saying is its a shame that your defense plays great, and you lose because your special teams cant block

Because had the Packers won that game 10-6 nobody would have been saying Rodgers didnt play well enough
I still would have said something like great win but AR needs to play better next time or they will be going home.

I agree, what more could you ask of that defense?

That overall special teams performance was as bad as I have ever witnessed - it was atrocious!

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I still would have said something like great win but AR needs to play better next time or they will be going home.

I agree, what more could you ask of that defense?

That overall special teams performance was as bad as I have ever witnessed - it was atrocious!

And the 49ers special teams was considered to be terrible

I agree youd want Rodgers to have the line he did with 3 tds but 20 of 29 for 225 yards aint bad its not great either because it didnt equate to points on the board but its good enough to win

And had the special teams been able to convert that field goal instead of letting it get blocked I like the Packers in OT

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220126-193436_Chrome~2.jpg
    Screenshot_20220126-193436_Chrome~2.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 103

Big L

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So what you are trying to say here....and correct me if I am wrong. Their special teams beat our special teams and that was the difference in the game. Since as you said, an offense that scores only 10 points, shouldn't expect to win and the 49er offense only scored 6.
Comparing the Packers offense to the Niners is ridiculous. This is such a homer type argument by you, it’s comical. It does not matter how many GD points the Niners offense scored, the team Tallied 13 and if the Packers offense can’t score 14, their a**es belong home. I would say the same thing about the Niners, if the roles were reversed. I feel that if you can’t generate 14 points of offense to beat a team regardless how they ended up scoring, you don’t deserve to win the game.

Ill give you that - this (not special) but Rotten Teams performance was about as bad as it gets - but the Pack should have still won that game.

Big L

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Exactly. Why do these people think both offenses, which are normally good, struggled so much in this game? Have any of these people done anything outside in 0 degree weather without gloves and a parka. I just walked my dogs at 15 degrees and couldn't type a text. And 1 of the 49ers FGs came on a drive that started at mid field because of the special teams. Packers had bad field position, bad oline play, and bad special teams. And people keep saying only 10 points...13 if special teams does their job. Likely 3-7 more if Lewis doesn't fumble. Rodgers maybe had a couple of bad drives at the end but prior to that he was great considering what he was dealing with.
For playing so good with only a few exceptions, very few media members thought AR played a good game and many of those guys have played in similar type conditions.

Big L

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Inju
And the 49ers special teams was considered to be terrible

I agree youd want Rodgers to have the line he did with 3 tds but 20 of 29 for 225 yards aint bad its not great either because it didnt equate to points on the board but its good enough to win

And had the special teams been able to convert that field goal instead of letting it get blocked I like the Packers in

i just feel AR was off - a number of his throws did not allow any yards after, such as Adams at least twice which were not difficult throws, and he did miss wide open receivers on like three occasions that all would have went for big yardage. I did not say he was terrible, just overall not good enough. I am not a AR hater!

Big L

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks for trying to help, but I have nothing that says post thread

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I feel that if you can’t generate 14 points of offense to beat a team regardless how they ended up scoring, you don’t deserve to win the game.
You keep repeating this same premise, wanting to apply it to only the Packer offense, but not to the 49er offense.

Then to make sure that you yourself don't sound like the "Homer"you are accusing me of being, you throw in this:
I would say the same thing about the Niners, if the roles were reversed.

Yet you aren't, the 9ers offense never got in the endzone. Their defense scored a TD and their special teams kicked 2 FG's.

So really, by your standards, neither team deserved to win.

Big L

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You keep repeating this same premise, wanting to apply it to only the Packer offense, but not to the 49er offense.

Then to make sure that you yourself don't sound like the "Homer"you are accusing me of being, you throw in this:

Yet you aren't, the 9ers offense never got in the endzone. Their defense scored a TD and their special teams kicked 2 FG's.

So really, by your standards, neither team deserved to win.

It doesn’t matter how many points the Niners offense scored, the Packers offense had to be able to score 14 points and they couldn’t do it so they lost. And yes I hold the Packers offense in a little higher regard then the Niners offense and the Niners offense didn’t disappoint - they Stunk!

Big L

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I see at the bottom of the page that I have insufficient privileges to post - Hilarious!

Big L

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Gotta go and throw a couple loafs of bread in the oven - my dough has risen

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
First its "the offense needs to score points" we point out the offense did score points, 10 of them.

then it's "the offense needs to score enough points" we point out that if STs didn't give up 10 points the offense would have scored enough points. 10 of them.

Then its "well the offense needs to score more points" I kind of wish we could keep this up just to see how many points our offense really needed to score .

Special teams has two jobs really. Score points (FGs and EPs) and change field position (kicks, returns and coverage) They failed. They failed several times not just the blocked FG and punt. Fortunately the defense pretty much bailed them out on most of the occasions where they were able to. Its hard for your defense to bail you out though when they don't even get the chance and you give up points directly.

Dont be sarcastic

Hey... Love threw a td vs KC on the road..

Aaron didnt even get one at home

Hows that?

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Since 2010 season we have had every excuse as to why Rodgers didnt get to another SB.

Def

St.

No true #2

MM

Things will never change

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Since 2010 season we have had every excuse as to why Rodgers didnt get to another SB.

Def

St.

No true #2

MM

Things will never change
This is a ridiculous argument. It’s ok that you don‘t like Rodgers.. Frankly, I don‘t really either. If the Packers had won on Saturday night despite Rodgers performance…. which they probably would have if special teams had simply gotten out of the way… then what … they play the Rams… another team they beat earlier in the year… AND in last years’s playoffs. So if they had won the next 2…. then what. All possible outcomes …. but I guess not really, because you have already told us it’s not possible. Cheer up he is probably leaving so you can start to dislike the next QB too.

Indy Fan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For playing so good with only a few exceptions, very few media members thought AR played a good game and many of those guys have played in similar type conditions.
I find myself disagreeing with what the media says on many topics. I'd love to see or hear about any of their great performances with no run game, no pass protection, and well below freezing temps.

I dont think I called his overall performance good or great. I said his 1st 8 drives were pretty great considering the conditions he was in as he was 19-25 for 220 and led his team to 4 potential scoring drives which various mistakes by other teammates resulted in GB only scoring 10 pts. His throw to Jones was on the money from the angles I saw and should've been a TD but jones drifted in and spun (to secure the catch?) and then got chased down and stayed in bounds. He also had a dropped 20 yd ball over the middle of the field so that makes it 20-25 for 240 if caught and another possession in SF territory. The last 2 drives were not good which brought his overall performance down but it was still not bad IMO. The order of blame should go ST > o-line > fumble and then you can discuss Rodgers but most seem to want pin it on Rodgers.

Members online

Latest posts