Studs n duds Niners playoffs

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This of course assumes Rodgers hasn’t already started a throwing motion and Lazard still hadn’t cleared the underneath defender and assumes Rodgers has time to hold it longer

The 2nd pic is right before Rodgers throws the ball if he had just thrown to Lazard instead of Adams at that moment Lazard at minimum has 20 plus yards and a first down near mid field

And to be honest look at the Packer just inside of Lazard hes open for a big gain as well all be it a tougher throw than the one neeeded to lazard

Big L

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I
Well Big L, first let me say Im a fan of yours, 2nd let me point out that the other teams offense scored only 6 points
I fully understand that, but the Packers offense was not good. I know the Niners O scored 6, but they tallied 13 and if you can’t do better then that, you go home and deserve to.

I have said for a number of years now, that AR in my opinion has had the best overall skill set in NFL history to play the QB position. I would like to see him back for 2-4 more years, because he certainly gives them the best chance to win, but when I don’t think he plays at a level that goods enough, I will certainly say so. In my opinion he did not play at a level needed for the Packers to advance in the playoffs.

Indy Fan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just curious, was the Wentz bashing as bad as the Rodgers bashing?
Our owner and GM have basically called him out publicly so yeah it's pretty bad. He's not as bad as many say and occasionally shows flashes but consistently makes rookie mistakes. It would take a pretty stacked team and brady/garoppolo luck to win it all with him. At least I understand the Wentz bashing.

Big L

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tha
Im not saying Rodgers played great Im saying despite how he played if the special teams doesnt give up a blocked punt for a td the 49ers never get in the end zone in that game
Thats true, but special teams disasters factored in, you have to expect this team to generate at least 14pts for goodness sake and if not you go home.

Big L

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Great banter back and forth everyone.

Can we start our own threads on this site? If so, I’m not sure how to do it?

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I

I fully understand that, but the Packers offense was not good. I know the Niners O scored 6, but they tallied 13 and if you can’t do better then that, you go home and deserve to.

I have said for a number of years now, that AR in my opinion has had the best overall skill set in NFL history to play the QB position. I would like to see him back for 2-4 more years, because he certainly gives them the best chance to win, but when I don’t think he plays at a level that goods enough, I will certainly say so. In my opinion he did not play at a level needed for the Packers to advance in the playoffs.

Well in the end I agree...he did not they needed a score on that final drive and he did not produce one bottom line

All im saying is its a shame that your defense plays great, and you lose because your special teams cant block

Because had the Packers won that game 10-6 nobody would have been saying Rodgers didnt play well enough

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Great banter back and forth everyone.

Can we start our own threads on this site? If so, I’m not sure how to do it?

Up at top click on the green bay packer fan forum

Then youll see a post thread button top right

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
So what you are trying to say here....and correct me if I am wrong. Their special teams beat our special teams and that was the difference in the game. Since as you said, an offense that scores only 10 points, shouldn't expect to win and the 49er offense only scored 6.

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The question isn’t is Rodgers a good QB and would you want him next year. The questions are, is he commited to playing football? Is he committed to playing for the Packers? How much is he going to demand to stay with Green Bay and how long does that hamstring our cap (even after he’s gone), vs what could we get for him and does that keep us competitive longer? A) I flat out do not trust the guy. B) he has (in my opinion) under performed in multiple playoff games that led to us exiting the post season. C) This is the first time I’ve MARGINALLY heard him take an iota of responsability for that. D) I think our cap situation leads to a LESS talented football team next year than this year regardless of Rodgers. If he couldn’t get it done with this talent what makes you think he can do it next year with less? E) If (as Rodgers excuse makers say) the problem is a lack of the talent level Rodgers needs to succeed, how do you see that talent level improving given our cap situation? F) Rodgers says he’s not interested in being part of a rebuilding process…. To me that means he’s only interested in staying if we can figure out how to placate him AND sign Adams, which I don’t see happening. I’ll admit I’ll be happy to see him go, but it seems Crystal Clear that Rodgers best chance at winning a Super Bowl is elsewhere, and in my opinion Green Bay’s best chance to continue as contenders is to move to a different model with multiple additional draft picks and a cleared up cap situation.

Indy Fan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well Big L, first let me say Im a fan of yours, 2nd let me point out that the other teams offense scored only 6 points
Exactly. Why do these people think both offenses, which are normally good, struggled so much in this game? Have any of these people done anything outside in 0 degree weather without gloves and a parka. I just walked my dogs at 15 degrees and couldn't type a text. And 1 of the 49ers FGs came on a drive that started at mid field because of the special teams. Packers had bad field position, bad oline play, and bad special teams. And people keep saying only 10 points...13 if special teams does their job. Likely 3-7 more if Lewis doesn't fumble. Rodgers maybe had a couple of bad drives at the end but prior to that he was great considering what he was dealing with.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The 2nd pic is right before Rodgers throws the ball if he had just thrown to Lazard instead of Adams at that moment Lazard at minimum has 20 plus yards and a first down near mid field

And to be honest look at the Packer just inside of Lazard hes open for a big gain as well all be it a tougher throw than the one neeeded to lazard
He’s already cocked and halfway thru his throwing motion to Adams in that 2nd picture. Lazard still hasn’t cleared his underneath defender

Don’t bring up EQ, it’s been addressed 10xs over. He was not a target at any point before the ball was king gone. While he was “open” he never once looked because he was never a target at that point in through by play design.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I get the reason teams study overhead film of the other team, it shows you pretty clearly what all 11 players are doing on any given play. Slow it down and take it frame by frame and you might be able to zoom in and see a birthmark on a players arm. You can look for tendencies and weaknesses, that might help you in a game. However, this obsession that some fans have with thinking that it is the same view that the QB, WR, RB, etc has is maddening. Picking a single play apart, as some kind of "fan evidence" that their QB failed them, because he totally missed what they see clearly.

Watch that play being discussed in real time, now imagine you are on the football field, with lots of big bodies in front of you, some actually wanting to hit you really hard. How many receivers do you now see and what are those receivers doing?

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Tha

Thats true, but special teams disasters factored in, you have to expect this team to generate at least 14pts for goodness sake and if not you go home.
Respectfully...what many should expect is that special teams be a net ZERO.

That's what any decent team should expect. And I would implore many on this forum to do is a thought experiment. How many teams would win a football game with what happened from the special teams in this game?

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Exactly. Why do these people think both offenses, which are normally good, struggled so much in this game? Have any of these people done anything outside in 0 degree weather without gloves and a parka. I just walked my dogs at 15 degrees and couldn't type a text. And 1 of the 49ers FGs came on a drive that started at mid field because of the special teams. Packers had bad field position, bad oline play, and bad special teams. And people keep saying only 10 points...13 if special teams does their job. Likely 3-7 more if Lewis doesn't fumble. Rodgers maybe had a couple of bad drives at the end but prior to that he was great considering what he was dealing with.
Thank you.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Respectfully...what many should expect is that special teams be a net ZERO.

That's what any decent team should expect. And I would implore many on this forum to do is a thought experiment. How many teams would win a football game with what happened from the special teams in this game?
Sometimes you can overcome those mistakes when you are a highly superior/favored team to win the game. Probably not in the playoffs and probably not in the game we saw Saturday night. Now had the 49ers offense made more than the one major mistake, we would have possibly made up for the special teams.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
The question isn’t is Rodgers a good QB and would you want him next year. The questions are, is he commited to playing football? Is he committed to playing for the Packers?
I think back to back MVP's answers both of your questions.

A) I flat out do not trust the guy.
Even though he's balled out the entire time you've said that you don't trust him. He might not have performed to your liking in the playoffs, but it's not from a lack of effort.
B) he has (in my opinion) under performed in multiple playoff games that led to us exiting the post season.
He has a higher passer rating than Brady in the playoffs and has a higher passer rating than him in championship games, making your points null and void. And that's not even with me exploring all of the other stats he kicks Brady's *** in during postseason play.
C) This is the first time I’ve MARGINALLY heard him take an iota of responsability for that.
Then you clearly don't pay enough attention. Not shocking.

D) I think our cap situation leads to a LESS talented football team next year than this year regardless of Rodgers. If he couldn’t get it done with this talent what makes you think he can do it next year with less?
What makes you think Jordan Love could even go above .500 and win the division?

E) If (as Rodgers excuse makers say) the problem is a lack of the talent level Rodgers needs to succeed, how do you see that talent level improving given our cap situation?
The goal is to maintain and MAYBE not have a blocked punt for a touchdown late in the 4th quarter....maybe?

F) Rodgers says he’s not interested in being part of a rebuilding process…. To me that means he’s only interested in staying if we can figure out how to placate him AND sign Adams, which I don’t see happening. I’ll admit I’ll be happy to see him go, but it seems Crystal Clear that Rodgers best chance at winning a Super Bowl is elsewhere, and in my opinion Green Bay’s best chance to continue as contenders is to move to a different model with multiple additional draft picks and a cleared up cap situation.
I'll admit that Rodgers has a great opportunity to win a Super Bowl going to another team that is already established and has pieces in place. Unfortunately, if that happens, the Packers will be in a dire cap situation and winning 6 games with Jordan Love as opposed to Rodgers being in the playoffs again.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Stop using word retarded
That's why some of us are disappointed in his performance against SF. He showed during the regular season he can still do it. But he didn't do it at all against SF when it was needed to win.
This seems to be the first thing people point to when the Packers don't win; "Aaron Rodgers wasn't Aaron Rodgers, this loss is on him."

This isn't the first time in Rodgers career that he ran into a defense that just played him really well. Fans expecting him to be able to prevent that from happening in every game, are expecting too much.

If he was superman, the Packers would never lose a game. If he was playing 1 on 1 against another guy, he probably wins. But football is a team sport, he needs other guys to step up on occasion, who else did on offense? On special teams?

The offense and the defense did enough to win the Game, the special teams did not.
Exactly, PB....

Some like to pretend as if Brady didn't get his *** kicked by some of the Ravens teams of the past. Or that he never lost to the Jets. Or that he never got his *** handed to him by the Broncos in the early 2010's. It's only convenient for them to remember the times he got it done. They don't remember the times where he only scored 18. Where he only scored 16. Where he only scored 13, yet won a Super Bowl.

It's a cute exercise that many do with Rodgers that they don't apply to other great quarterbacks. Hell, just last year, Mahomes didn't score a single ****ing touchdown in the Super Bowl, yet if you let some retarded *** Packer fans tell the story, this kind of thing is only exclusive to Aaron Rodgers. It's cute, but at the same time sad which borders on psychotic.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Exactly, PB....

Some like to pretend as if Brady didn't get his *** kicked by some of the Ravens teams of the past. Or that he never lost to the Jets. Or that he never got his *** handed to him by the Broncos in the early 2010's. It's only convenient for them to remember the times he got it done. They don't remember the times where he only scored 18. Where he only scored 16. Where he only scored 13, yet won a Super Bowl.

It's a cute exercise that many do with Rodgers that they don't apply to other great quarterbacks. Hell, just last year, Mahomes didn't score a single ****ing touchdown in the Super Bowl, yet if you let some retarded *** Packer fans tell the story, this kind of thing is only exclusive to Aaron Rodgers. It's cute, but at the same time sad which borders on psychotic.
Did you just use retarded to described fans?

Please dont do that ever again

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Exactly, PB....

Like I said before, this isn't about one game. It's fine to have a bad game in the playoffs. But if you are supposedly a Top 2 QB of All-Time, then you'll have some great playoff games too. Rodgers hasn't done that in 11 years! Show me an 11-year stretch where Brady failed to win a big game.

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I get the reason teams study overhead film of the other team, it shows you pretty clearly what all 11 players are doing on any given play. Slow it down and take it frame by frame and you might be able to zoom in and see a birthmark on a players arm. You can look for tendencies and weaknesses, that might help you in a game. However, this obsession that some fans have with thinking that it is the same view that the QB, WR, RB, etc has is maddening. Picking a single play apart, as some kind of "fan evidence" that their QB failed them, because he totally missed what they see clearly.

Watch that play being discussed in real time, now imagine you are on the football field, with lots of big bodies in front of you, some actually wanting to hit you really hard. How many receivers do you now see and what are those receivers doing?
Ummmmm you do realize that Arrogant Rodgers is supposed to be better at us than we would be?

Reaction score
Colts fan here. You have lost 3 straight playoff games where Rodgers clearly outplayed the opposing QB and many on here continue to put a lot of the blame on him. In nearly every game a QB will miss a few throws or not make the best read. The "GOAT" had many in his recent loss as well and would've put in an awful performance if the Rams didn't tell the 2016 Falcons to hold their beer and gift him multiple TDs. Rodgers is statistically a top 5 QB all-time in the playoffs (maybe only 2nd to Mahomes at this time) and many on here think he's trash in the postseason. If you're super bowl strategy is to not protect your qb and expect him to have 3-4 straight flawless performances, you will rarely if ever win it all.

His last 2 possessions were bad (he and MLF deserve blame) but he was 19-25 for 221 yds on their 1st 8 possessions. Many dumb people thought the packers had an advantage because of the weather. The packers one advantage over the 49ers was passing the football and that is hindered when it's 0 degrees with snow coming in the 2nd half. The O-line gave up 5 sacks, a ton of pressures, 2 penalties, and paved the way for a whopping 3.4 yds/carry. Here's a quick breakdown of the packers drives.

Drive 1 - TD
Drive 2 - fumble SF 40...offense was rolling.
Drive 3 - nothing, punt
Drive 4 - 3rd and 3 and Lazard false start followed by an instant sack, punt
Drive 5 - negative run, sack, punt
Drive 6 - long pass to Jones who unnecessarily spins and doesn't get out of bounds so last TO wasted, sack, blocked FG
Drive 7 - dropped pass at 50 yd line, punt
Drive 8 - good drive to SF 5, false start, sack, FG
Drive 9 - bad rodgers and MLF
Drive 10 - bad rodgers and MLF

His teammates mistakes turned 4 potential scoring drives into 10 points. This was a game of who did the little things right and that was the 49ers. Rodgers honestly had a decent game considering the weather, lack of run game, and lack of protection. The Colts will happily exchange him for Wentz...or just give you Wentz for nothing lol.
Truly Great summary and I agree @Indy Fan
Now that that’s behind us. You wouldn’t happen to have $46,000,000 I can borrow with zero usury and using just a handshake would you??

PS. I’m good for it

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think back to back MVP's answers both of your questions.

Even though he's balled out the entire time you've said that you don't trust him. He might not have performed to your liking in the playoffs, but it's not from a lack of effort.

He has a higher passer rating than Brady in the playoffs and has a higher passer rating than him in championship games, making your points null and void. And that's not even with me exploring all of the other stats he kicks Brady's *** in during postseason play.

Then you clearly don't pay enough attention. Not shocking.

What makes you think Jordan Love could even go above .500 and win the division?

The goal is to maintain and MAYBE not have a blocked punt for a touchdown late in the 4th quarter....maybe?

I'll admit that Rodgers has a great opportunity to win a Super Bowl going to another team that is already established and has pieces in place. Unfortunately, if that happens, the Packers will be in a dire cap situation and winning 6 games with Jordan Love as opposed to Rodgers being in the playoffs again.
Is there a ring or trophy the team gets for having the QB with the best stats? We have no idea what Jordan Love can do… just like we had no idea what Rodgers could do years ago (or next year for that matter). You sign Rodgers to a gigantic multi-year deal and somehow his feelings get hurt again and we are SUPER screwed… he melted down in this game and reverted to trying pitch and catch with Adams, last year he fizzled in the second half, spazzed out on 3rd and goal, then threw his coach and team under the bus… sorry… I’m more than ready to move on rather than mortgaging the next 5 years on a guy who hasn’t gotten it done and is LESS likely to get it done as time goes on

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ill screenshot a pic of the all 22 later...Lazard might have scored on that play
There would have been a good chance. Adams was in position to block one guy and Lazard only would have had to beat the other one. I think he at least would have gotten to the 30 or so.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts