Studs n duds Lions edition

Carl 2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, those were nice catches into tight coverage -- coverage that utterly whiffed when the ball came in. Our corners are . . . I don't know a word bad enough to describe them.

Yet if our receivers made those same catches, the narrative here would be more about how good the catches were than than the coverage.

Sometimes, players just get beat by a very good play. That happened more than a few times tonight along with the defense not playing well.

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
Anthony Barr is a b****. He keeps running his mouth I won't be surprised if bad karma comes his way. Dude is really a POS.
He’s the only reason the Packers are not 7-1 right now and gave his team a chance to lose the first round of playoffs

DarkHelmet

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know how important Aaron is, but this team still has some talent to win at least one of these last 2 home games. Definitely #FireCapers, maybe fire McCarthy.

Talent that's above average: Nelson, Cobb, Adams, Bakhtiari, Morgan Burnett, Crosby. Maybe Daniels when he's not committing a back-breaking penalty.

Carl 2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We need a positive post.

Stud:
With about 10 minutes left in the game and the Packers down 17, the stands were still full. That's awesome.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Really, we are still doing this? Ok, fine.

Studs: Our draft position next spring

Duds: The players and coaches of the Green Bay Packers

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
First time for everything:
Studs: NONE. ZERO. all aspects sucked. Coaches need to EAT IT.
Duds: Dom Capers et al - Bubye

I am getting out a green and gold bag.....it is THAT bad.

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There whole defense.. like really not one forced punt? Dude there punter was in the locker room jerking capers off In the second qtr.. at halftime Sam Martin was at the airport taking first class all the way home.....

DarkHelmet

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yet if our receivers made those same catches, the narrative here would be more about how good the catches were than than the coverage.

Sometimes, players just get beat by a very good play. That happened more than a few times tonight along with the defense not playing well.

Sure, with our green and gold goggles we'd be inclined to think it was great performance from the receiver. Trying to be objective here. Stafford was right on the money. Great game for him. His receivers fought for and won the ball. Our guys were either 1) out of position or 2) in position and failed -- miserably -- to make a play on the ball. Or even tackle the receiver. If every one of our defensive players disappeared tomorrow the only one I'd be really sorry to lose would be Morgan Burnett.

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
Studs: Me, I watched the whole game
Duds: OMG McCarthy Dfense, sorry (what Dfense!) offense yes it was offensive, special teams, McCarthy Capers Dbacks still pathetic, hope a game is never on the line depending on these guys, The QB or our mediocre backup,
Gruden (shut up some times) I’m sorry there should be coaching changes at the end of the year, if not upper management changes..

Cheese Meister

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Duds: Pass defense. Best way to beat the Packers; throw the ball.

Studs: Brett's gum chewing; all the cows in Wisconsin are impressed.

I will miss Da Bears this weekend because of a prior commitment, and I can't tape it because it is blacked out. But, I really don't think I will miss much.

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
Out of every Packer coach we've ever had I can't stand MM the most, it's not even close. Holmgreen would've replaced Capers lame duck *** yrs ago!! The team is a mess because MM...not Capers. Mm calls the shots and he has cost us time and time again because he's a coward!!
I think upper management should be replaced they hold on to these guys for years with no success

P-E-Z

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs: Me, I watched the whole game
Duds: OMG McCarthy Dfense, sorry (what Dfense!) offense yes it was offensive, special teams, McCarthy Capers Dbacks still pathetic, hope a game is never on the line depending on these guys, The QB or our mediocre backup,
Gruden (shut up some times) I’m sorry there should be coaching changes at the end of the year, if not upper management changes..

There a fumble and Gruden talking about the Turkey Hole while we had no clue what is going on.

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
If the Packers keep McCarthy at the end of the year (hope not) they should hire an Offensive coordinator and MM should try coaching everyone

Carl 2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If the Packers keep McCarthy at the end of the year (hope not) they should hire an Offensive coordinator and MM should try coaching everyone

Last time MM gave away offensive coordinator duties in the play calling, the offense got worse.

Carl 2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There a fumble and Gruden talking about the Turkey Hole while we had no clue what is going on.

Noticed the same thing. Was not impressed by ESPN tonight.

Tate also had a very good sideline catch in the first half and we never saw a good replay on it.

Normally, I like Gruden, but didn't tonight. Maybe that just was because the Packers were losing though.

Reaction score
Hundley did improve slightly IMO. He showed more of his arm in general.
I saw slight timing issues where the ball got there a smidgen late, But we got lucky one wasn’t a Pick 6. 2 others by Jordy and Cobb were nice catches while being assaulted because the timing was slow. 2 more long range missiles that were catchable for a guy like Dez or Julio who fight for the ball and have athleticism. One thing I noticed is Brett is broadcasting where he is throwing often. Some seasoning will help this.
Brett Reminds me of a young Davante. Very talented but still reaching for his potential.

Duds: Game Plan
everyone knows controlling the clock against a good QB is key. We had the ball 23 minutes???!!
We game planned just the opposite by not attempting more mid range plays and threw 5 of the first 7 passes at or behind LOS!
We don’t need a 40 yard pass, but we also should’ve had more 5-15 yard attempts using our TEs. Detroit plays physical against receivers so your match up is your bigger guys.
Moving the chains controls the clock. We also abandoned the run game because we kept getting 3rd and long due to the above. Our RB has 2 back to back 100 yard games and we abandoned him in a game that screams clock control. That falls on MM
The only silver lining was #88 he played fast and spirited.

Our Defense is suspect at best n didn’t get one 3 and out ALL game???? DC must be held accountable for getting throttled.
Even a bad D gets lucky once in a while

There’s not a QB alive or dead that carries this D past the Championship game

Last edited:

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Noticed the same thing. Was not impressed by ESPN tonight.

Tate also had a very good sideline catch in the first half and we never saw a good replay on it.

Normally, I like Gruden, but didn't tonight. Maybe that just was because the Packers were losing though.
Gruden has been dead to me ever since he defended Warren Sapp's hit on Chad Clifton. He also defended Trevathan's hit on Adams earlier this year. I have no use for Gruden.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Stud: Myself

I had a late night meeting and had to start watching the game at 9:30. Rarely have I ever sped up a Packer game to watch it, I normally want to soak it all in! The 30 second skip button allowed me to watch every crappy play and every 2nd/3rd and long conversion by the Lions in a little over an hour.

Fire Capers.....tonight!

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts