Studs n duds Lions edition

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dud Mike McCarthy. Dude, y ou have to Gove Hundley a chance. Play to win the frick en game and NOT to make it easy on Brett Huntley. I'm seeing WRs running free down field bit we are running a flare screen. 3 yards average pass and most of that is YAC.

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It doesn’t matter with this bs defense... McCarthy should be given Rodgers foot rubs for keeping his job cuz it’s flippi. True

OP
OP
AmishMafia

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Forget the defense. This stupidity is on MM.

If i drew up the stupidest offensive game plan, this would be it. We are playing to their strength. We are running plays where if they work, we get 2 yards.

Huntley can make the throws. Even in the 2 min drill when they know we are passing, the short passes are open. MM is not playing to win. He is playing to not screw up. Driving me nuts. Give hundley a fricki n chance! What the hell is he Thinking? I can't even imagine a thought process where his game plan is a reasonable idea.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't have a problem with it. We had a nice drive to open the game. Got jack squat for it, but it was fine getting a young guy going. He's opened it up as the game has progressed and they aren't hitting. Missed Adams for a big play. On one of the last plays before halftime, he was in the pocket and Cobb was coming open heading to the endZone. Looked right the entire time and held the ball forever and then threw it away. He has to hit on those plays.

But there wasn't much wrong to start the game other than the missed FG. Next drive was bad, but I've seen plenty of 3 and outs with Rodgers too. Anyway, the game plan was opening up for him, but until he shows he can hit them, what does it matter?

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hundley should flip him the bird and let it rip get the no huddle going we have one of the best receiving cores if not the best throw the ball I agree they looked ok that last drive but the screens and ***** and dunks are annoying he way too conservative... The reality is we are done this year... makes me sick to see the Vikings have a legit shot at playing home in the Super Bowl that’s all I care about my wife and all my friends are Vikings fans at this point that’s all I care about lol

Our season is toast I have accepted that..

Djepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe Rogers getting hurt is the best thing that ever happened to the Packers… I mean Maybe we could actually get MM Out of there and get Gruden...

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A lot of those passes looked catchable. Hundley may not be that good, but he's not getting much help out there either.

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
Studs: The Lions and Anthony Barr
Duds: The packers and Anthony Barr

Carl 2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A struggling defense against a QB who played perfectly is not a good way to win a game.

The defense didn't play well, but there were many throws and plays made by the Lions that Stafford deserves credit for. If it were Rodgers making those throws, the forum would be talking about how good he is, not only about the defense he was against.

Biggest differences in the game were
1) First half Daniels penalty and missed FG. Should have been 7-3 at halftime.
2) The difference between Stafford and Hundley was massive, especially with the defense not playing well.

Last edited:

Carl 2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't have a problem with it. We had a nice drive to open the game. Got jack squat for it, but it was fine getting a young guy going. He's opened it up as the game has progressed and they aren't hitting. Missed Adams for a big play. On one of the last plays before halftime, he was in the pocket and Cobb was coming open heading to the endZone. Looked right the entire time and held the ball forever and then threw it away. He has to hit on those plays.

But there wasn't much wrong to start the game other than the missed FG. Next drive was bad, but I've seen plenty of 3 and outs with Rodgers too. Anyway, the game plan was opening up for him, but until he shows he can hit them, what does it matter?

I'm with you here.

Just like you said, they moved the ball with the play calling early.

Then second half when it wasn't all **** and dunk passing, the calls still didn't work well.

When the offense didn't play well whether it was very short passes or not, it don't see how it can be blamed on that.

OP
OP
AmishMafia

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A lot of those passes looked catchable. Hundley may not be that good, but he's not getting much help out there either.
I am not seeing it. Hundley has made a few mistakes, but he has made a bunch of great throws. Amazing throws. There were a few drops for sure, but there were some good catches as well. MM needs to pull his head out of his **** and see the game for what it is. Mid range passes at an up tempo is Huntley game.mix it up with runs and screens and an occasional deep shot.

This isn' a TT issue. This is all coaching.

Carl 2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am not seeing it. Hundley has made a few mistakes, but he has made a bunch of great throws. Amazing throws. There were a few drops for sure, but there were some good catches as well. MM needs to pull his head out of his **** and see the game for what it is. Mid range passes at an up tempo is Huntley game.mix it up with runs and screens and an occasional deep shot.

The offense needs to connect on the occasional deep shot though.

That deep ball to Adams certainly wasn't coaching.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score

certainly not ALL..... but I do agree that the play calling after the first drive up til th end of the 3rd quarter... was attrocious. The defense not forcing a single punt was equally so.

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
Studs.... Cobb.

Duds EVERYONE ELSE!!!

Shemp of the game goes towards Mike Danels had he not did a boneheaded play the score could of been a tad closer...
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

On a positive note I won 2 dollars on Draft Kings thanks to the inept Pack D. Thanks Mattew Stafford...

DarkHelmet

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A struggling defense against a QB who played perfectly is not a good way to win a game.

The defense didn't play well, but there were many throws and plays made by the Lions that Stafford deserves credit for. If it were Rodgers making those throws, the forum would be talking about how good he is, not only about the defense he was against.

Biggest differences in the game were
1) First half Daniels penalty and missed FG. Should have been 7-3 at halftime.
2) The difference between Stafford and Hundley was massive, especially with the defense not playing well.

Stafford was very sharp, but out secondary was HORRIBLE. When in zone the seams were gaping. When in man to man they got beat for the ball even when they were right in the receiver's grill. We have a bad secondary. With the exception of Morgan Burnett we have a terrible secondary.

LambeauLombardi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know how important Aaron is, but this team still has some talent to win at least one of these last 2 home games. Definitely #FireCapers, maybe fire McCarthy.

Carl 2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Stafford was very sharp, but out secondary was HORRIBLE. When in zone the seams were gaping. When in man to man they got beat for the ball even when they were right in the receiver's grill. We have a bad secondary. With the exception of Morgan Burnett we have a terrible secondary.

Like I said, it was a combo of Stafford and our defense.

There were quite a few catches into tight coverage, two were TDs.

DarkHelmet

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Duds: the coaches and front office of the Green Bay Packers. We know know that outside of Aaron Rodgers this is a team with generally mediocre talent and poor coaching. We have a few skill players with talent -- Nelson, Cobb, Adams (when he's focused). We have a couple of defensive players with potential. The rest are just guys at best.

Studs: . . . (thinking) . . . hmm, not coming up with anything. We can't even get the ball snapped properly on a field goal try.

DarkHelmet

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Like I said, it was a combo of Stafford and our defense.

There were quite a few catches into tight coverage, two were TDs.

Yeah, those were nice catches into tight coverage -- coverage that utterly whiffed when the ball came in. Our corners are . . . I don't know a word bad enough to describe them.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Out of every Packer coach we've ever had I can't stand MM the most, it's not even close. Holmgreen would've replaced Capers lame duck *** yrs ago!! The team is a mess because MM...not Capers. Mm calls the shots and he has cost us time and time again because he's a coward!!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts