Studs n duds buffalo

JK64

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We finally get a good game by the defense and then the offense is just terrible. Rodgers looked like he was sleep walking, so did Nelson for that matter. Bulaga is a bum.

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs-
Lacy
Cobb
The defense, they gave us a chance
Offensive line actually wasn't that bad

Duds
Slocum
Rodgers
Nelson
All the Drops
Stupid penalties

We got beat on offense and special teams. That's how we lost.

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just a bad game all around. One of "those" types of games.

JK64

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How long do we have to watch Slocum looking lost on the sidelines, it's been years.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I expected the Buffalo defense to be good and our defense to be fine, but what I did not see coming was Rodgers and his WR's being so far off. Jordy's drop was HUGE and Rodgers missed plenty of passes.

Already playing against a good defense is hard enough without the mistakes.

Punt return and blocked FG big too, obviously.

Defense was solid - only 12 points and had a few short fields.

ls1bob

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Defense was good. Offense very bad other than the TD drive. As someone mentioned elsewhere almost like they were sleepwalking. BUT we will be fine

Ceodore

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Defense was good. Offense very bad other than the TD drive. As someone mentioned elsewhere almost like they were sleepwalking. BUT we will be fine

offense wasn't really that good on the TD drive even. Lacy and the OLine were good that drive.

dbain21

Chicagoland Packer Fan
Reaction score
Lacy played well and that was about the only good thing for the offense. Rodgers was off. Receivers stunk. No TE stepped up. O-line didn't play awful but not great. Ill say NELSON and BOYKIN were the duds. Boykin for the pass drop-to-interception. Completely killed the drive and momentum the offense seemed to be gaining.

Defense played well. HA-HA made some dumb plays but overall that play on defense and we'll win the game 3 out of 4 times.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Studs: Lacy.

The way the OL blocked for most of the day. If you would have told me the outcome and nothing else, I'd have guessed Rodgers was sacked/knocked down/hurried on almost every passing down. That was not the case. Against a very good pass rushing DL, I thought the OL gave Rodgers enough time to win the game. Unfortunately Rodgers too often acted like he was being hurried. And/or he was just off with passes over or behind receivers and of course the receivers dropping balls hurt the cause.

The Bills who swept the NFC North this season.

Duds: Packers fan berating other Packers fans for not being blindly optimistic. Nothing wrong with being optimistic but criticizing those being more realistic...

Packers STs.

Packers "tackling".

DarkHelmet

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs:
Lacy - when given the chance
Cobb, especially toward the end when he was fighting like crazy.
Defense -- did their jobs over and over, really had one weak series with poor tackling.

Duds:
Rodgers. He doesn't have many bad games but this was one. It wasn't even the picks that were so bad. It was missing receivers, missing open men (Nelson was gigantically open on the opposite side of the field from the second pick) bad timing, bad decisions. Threw too high, too hard, too low and DIDN'T CORRECT FOR THE WIND. Over and Over.

Receivers. Dropped the ball. Didn't correct for the wind. Over and over. Jordy blew a sure touchdown catch. What else can you say? Adams and Quarless were almost non-factors. To be fair, I thought Buffalo d-backs were getting away with a lot of grabs and early hits. The refs simply aren't calling those this year, I guess.

Special teams. Overran the punt that resulted in a touchdown because -- they didn't correct for the wind. The ball came up way short of what they expected because it got held up. Wasn't anybody up in the booth calling down to the sidelines that the wind needed to be considered on all these types of plays?

Coaching was a bit of a dud in my book. Didn't have an offensive game plan with any coherence, though when your QB keeps missing and your receivers keep dropping the game plan is sort of irrelevant.

That game reminded me way too much of the New Orleans debacle. Fortunately, we could afford to lose this one. Must win the next two. No excuses.

DaveRoller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Stud = Shawn Slocum.

You have absolutely got to be a stud at some aspect of life for big Mike to keep you on staff every year with that craptastic special teams unit you coach every season.

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
Studs

Lacy when he was out there good runs a plenty

Cobb Same thing

Starks Same things

Crosby He did what he was called out to do besides that block he was great today.

Duds EVERYONE ELSE not Named Aaron Rodgers

Super Dud Arron Rodgers

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Dud - The local NFL on Fox networks here in Central PA. They broadcasted the snoozer between Cleveland and Cincinnati, in stead of games in which central PA would have been interested. Sometimes the people at Fox sports can't tell their pass from a pole in the ground. :mad:

Jereycheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Stud - lacy he had a good game why not keep feeding him?

Dud - Rodgers and Nelson of Nelson doesn't drop that pass... :/

H

HardRightEdge

The Packer D played over Orton's head as should be expected.

The Packer passing game played down to Buffalo's D which means not much scoring.

The difference in the game is the special teams gaffs. Yet another low kick by Crosby getting blocked; Thigpen takes it to the house.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Stud: Offensive line. The Buffalo has probably the best DL in the NFL and the offensive line was not overmatched. In fact, there were plays that we were pushing them around. AR had lots of time. This is the best performance ever by a Campen coached OL.

Duds: Rodgers. Not sure what he did differently, but this was one of his worst games of all time. Didn't see wide open WRs, had Zero touch on a bunch of his passes. He will bounce back and come back next week with a chip on his shoulder.
Jordy - unbelievable drop.

Members online

Latest posts