Studs n Duds atlanta

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Weems is such a piece of trash. Hated him on the bears and still can't stand him. Constant dancing, and agitating of the opposing team on special teams. He is in the middle of crap after every single special teams play. He NEVER gets flagged for it either. If I were a player I would put DESTROY WEEMS on my list of things to accomplish before retiring.

I was hoping Sitton would teach Tyson Jackson a lesson for ramming his elbow into Rodgers' back by going low on him and taking him out. There would have been no sympathy from me.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So thats what happened. I couldn't see what exactly went down from my seat and they didn't give a close up replay on the video board.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think that you're still only one of a handful driving that stagecoach

And that doesn't shock me. I've given him the benefit if a doubt because Of injuries and lack of talent in key positions on the defense but no mas . Although I think TT sucks at drafting defense I look around the league and there are other defenses that get it done with way less on defense so that excuse has gone out the window.

JK64

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Datone Jones knocked Julio Jones out of the game.

JK64

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Aside from not double-covering Julio, I saw more bad play than bad scheme last night. All of our ILBs were terrible. Then Aaron tossed out this nugget:

http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=400554433

People worried about a trap game. It happened, they let up, and they still won. Don't freak out. Eat some cheetos or something

I'd like to believe you, but I just don't trust the defense much.

H

HardRightEdge

The dl has to get in Matts face tho...That is what the radio guys were saying..that Matt had very clear passing lanes...Any q.b can tear up a def, if he has time to throw.

I think JJ is on a tear...He blew out the Cards def last week, and they are pretty good..It is upsetting that JJ was game planned for and it didnt work..MM did say JJ beat their game plan.

I saw plays from Sam where he really looked lost..Not sure why? Maybe scared to get hit in head again?
Maybe Shields should not have been on the field in the first place.

Legalizeit

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Offense looked good.. To say they had a slow second half when the put up 40 points tells you how bad the defense truly was.

Duds- the entire second half defense. With how they play it'll be a short ban for me once the playoffs start because it'll be an early exit against a good team! Frauds, posers, inconsistent...call it what you want I don't sugarcoat the truth! they will be the reason we get beat!! And not go to the SB!! A dome team ran us up and down the field! A dome team with 1 semi healthy wr .

Chill out, it was a bad second half performance, but it doesn't mean we aren't a SB contender. We beat the second best team in the league behind us, after all.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs:packer fans in chilly Lambeau
Duds:(1) Packers secondary
(2) MM yes MM, how many times has he done a post game interview, saying we have to play better in 2nd 1/2.
(3) Atlanta Falcons D'back Weems, once again we see a dancing and prancing (FOOL), when your team is (5-8)
(4) ME, for thinking 30-7 was a lock for victory, forgot we have a problem with 60minutes of football..

What is MM supposed to say? "We sucked in the 2nd half. This guy was awful and so was this guy. This is exactly what we will do this week to get better so everybody knows."

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was hoping Sitton would teach Tyson Jackson a lesson for ramming his elbow into Rodgers' back by going low on him and taking him out. There would have been no sympathy from me.

That was ejection worthy to me. That was a VERY late hit. I forget which lineman came in there to stick up for Rodgers, but kudos to him.

Dagger85

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Honest question for everyone who says our defense has no hope.

What would our record be if we had a good defense then? Better than 10-3?

If our offense have covered up bad defense, then other than 3 games, why would, at the very most, would 24 points win or tie the rest of the games?

How many points have to be given up to constitute giving up too many points since we are a bad defense? (We've only given up over 24 three times all season)

While there have been spurts where our defense hasn't played well (and who hasn't over 13 games) what games do you think we played so badly in? (To constitute as bad of a defense as some say, this number, I would guess, should be at least half of our games?) Have there been over 6 games we've played awful?

Why do we have so many turnovers?

I'm just curious if I'm missing something, because I think these questions point toward us having a pretty decent defense.

Last edited:

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score

What would our record be it we had a good defense then? Better than 10-3?

If our offense have covered up bad defense, then other than 3 games, why would, at the very most, would 24 points win or tie the rest of the games?

How many points have to be given up to constitute giving up too many points since we are a bad defense? (We've only given up over 24 three times all season)

While there have been spurts where our defense hasn't played well (and who hasn't over 13 games) what games do you think we played so badly in? (To constitute as bad of a defense as some say, this number, I would guess, should be at least half of our games?) Have there been over 6 games we've played awful?

Why do we lead the league in turnover-interception ratio?

I'm just curious if I'm missing something, because I think these questions point toward us having a pretty decent defense.

I see only 3 bad games in Seattle, New Orleans, and yesterday.

Otherwise, the D has been solid.

Last edited:

Dagger85

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I see only 3 bad games in Seattle, Seattle, and yesterday.

That's what I'm seeing. I'm just curious if I'm missing something, because I don't see a huge problem.

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score

What would our record be if we had a good defense then? Better than 10-3?

For the most part, the ones who are complaining about our defense being terrible are the same ones who said we'd be lucky to win 10 games, lucky to make the playoffs, etc...

Jdeed

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For the most part, the ones who are complaining about our defense being terrible are the same ones who said we'd be lucky to win 10 games, lucky to make the playoffs, etc...

I think most people knew for a fact with the schedule the Packers had they would win 10 games.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It certainly isn't time to panic over the defense, but there's enough deja-vu all over again to put even reasonable Packer fans on edge. There are 3 things that stand out about the collapse in the 2nd half.
a) the switch to a conservative plan after half time and a big lead. McCarthy keeps doing it even though it has backfired a number of times like it did last night. He just doesn't seem to want to learn that you don't go away from what is working until LATE in the game;
b) Even the most simple of adjustments on defense was not made, as a number of analyses of the game have pointed out. Put a safety over the top on Jones for chrissakes. Did Capers have brain-lock? And on top of that, McCarthy in his interview just brushed the thing off;
c) A performance like this in the playoffs means the end of the road. It's the old story of 2011: the offense can cover up the defense's weakness, but if the offense ever falters it's over, and against top rated defenses like the ones you meet in the playoffs, the offense ain't gonna be putting up 40 points most times.

Now do I think this defense is better than in years past? Yes, but there is room for concern. I don't have the same confidence in this defense after this. They've shown once again that they're inconsistent and Dom Capers cannot be trusted.

Last edited:

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't like that the offense had to score on all but 1 of their drives all night (last one not included because they could have scored but just ran out the clock)

Jdeed

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It certainly isn't time to panic over the defense, but there's enough deja-vu all over again to put even reasonable Packer fans on edge. There are 3 things that stand out about the collapse in the 2nd half.
a) the switch to a conservative plan after half time and a big lead. McCarthy keeps doing it even though it has backfired a number of times like it did last night. He just doesn't seem to want to learn that you don't go away from what is working until LATE in the game;
b) Even the most simple of adjustments on defense was not made, as a number of analyses of the game have pointed out. Put a safety over the top on Jones for chrissakes. Did Capers have brain-lock? And on top of that, McCarthy in his interview just brushed the thing off;
c) A performance like this in the playoffs means the end of the road. It's the old story of 2011: the offense can cover up the defense's weakness, but if the offense ever falters it's over, and against top rated defenses like the ones you meet in the playoffs, the offense ain't gonna be putting up 40 points most times. Now do I think this defense is better than in years past? Yes, but there is room for concern.

Yup, the better teams will play ball control and use their Defense to get the ball back and then run out the clock every drive. There will not be a lot of chances to run up and down the field scoring at will. Basically it means the Offense can't save the Defense allowing teams to score points because they won't get the ball enough.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
c) A performance like this in the playoffs means the end of the road. It's the old story of 2011: the offense can cover up the defense's weakness, but if the offense ever falters it's over, and against top rated defenses like the ones you meet in the playoffs, the offense ain't gonna be putting up 40 points most times.

Now do I think this defense is better than in years past? Yes, but there is room for concern. I don't have the same confidence in this defense after this. They've shown once again that they're inconsistent and Dom Capers cannot be trusted.

The offense kept the pedal down and scored on every possession but one. (Except the drive to end the game). I didn't see anything conservative from MMs offesne.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Instead of attacking our D maybe we should acknowledge and give Matt Ryan some credit for playing very well other then a couple early forced throws. The Falcons offense has proven for years now they can be very dangerous when Ryan is clicking and getting adequate time. I didn't believe he would do well in the Cold and snowy Lambeau but I never liked the 13 point spread in this game.

I imagine we will have a lead like this sometime again at halftime and hopefully they can use this as a learning experience on how to not come out in the second half with a big lead.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think a lot of people are overrating the Packers pathetic defense. Against good quarterbacks the defense has been shredded. Against the likes of Ponder, Bridgewater, cutler, Sanchez the D can get by with giving up 350 yds and 14-24 pts. But when playoff teams loom with good quarterbacks and stud receivers the defense gets exposed. The only reason why Brady didn't light the defense up with a 400 td effort was that Rodgers kept him off the field with incredible throws on 3rd down. Pass rush has been terrible was a capital TT. 2 sacks in the past 2 games is not getting it done. Other than the game against the Vikes at home, the pass rush is setting the secondary up for failure. Capets and McCarthy can't seem to adjust their defensive screens during the game. It seems that if they don't prepare during the week they won't trust their players to go to something that wasn't in the game plan. If defense wins championships then the Packers are mere pretenders. The Packers could play the Seahawks 10 times and lose all 10. The defense is just too slow and soft t o match up against a physical team.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I see only 3 bad games in Seattle, Seattle, and yesterday.

You think being ranked 26th in the league in total defense is solid? Wow, you must have the 3-D Rose colored glasses haha. No but seriously, they have at least been able to generate a turnover or two a game but they give up way to many free yards and they struggle stopping people in the red zone. We've done it...but rarely do they hold teams to three points once they get down there.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts