Studs & Duds: Steelers Edition

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Flynn could have called for a pass audible and not the run at the end.

Flynn did fumble and missed a few wide open guys

He did have good plays that kept us in the game..

I want a new ol coach next year
110% agreed HRE.
Flynn did very well considering who he went up against.
And not just in the Squelers game.
I put the blame or the duds on any of the other Packers but Flynn.

You have a weird habit of using odd ball nick names for names

Flynn had a hand in the loss..Just as Nick Perry, Barclay-Lang did

Team

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs: Matt Flynn - his passing is looking better each week. He spread the ball around and moved confidently through his progressions. He screwed the pooch on the last play - Jordy was open - but he did hit Boykin's hand. Shame we didn't win.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It feels surreal that we still have a chance to win the North next week...it felt like the loss to the Steelers eliminated us...

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
110% agreed HRE.
Flynn did very well considering who he went up against.
And not just in the Squelers game.
I put the blame or the duds on any of the other Packers but Flynn.
I have to disagree, Flynn, had Nelson wide open in the middle on the last play, and Flynn did (2) crucial turnovers to help contribute to 14 points, and a lot of his passes were over thrown, yes he does share Major blame 14pts gives us a win……..a win….

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have to disagree, Flynn, had Nelson wide open in the middle on the last play, and Flynn did (2) crucial turnovers to help contribute to 14 points, and a lot of his passes were over thrown, yes he does share Major blame 14pts gives us a win……..a win….
I thought he kept us in this game and gave us a pretty darn good chance.
Besides a win, I don't think we could have asked for anything better.
At least it wasn't a blowout.
Thankfully Da Bears still suck and lost to the Eagles.

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
Duds: The coaching staff, there is no excuse for this break down of stupidity after week 3 no more excuses, coaches own the blame for bad execution and if you have not taught that in stone you never will,(example, Johnny if you put your hands on fire you will get burned)simple DON'T do it, you know what will happen…
FIRE the tackling coach(head scratcher)please refer to DUD coaches…..
REFS, are the replacements still employed at Packer games….
STUDS: Covered by all Packer posters already…..

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
I thought he kept us in this game and gave us a pretty darn good chance.
Besides a win, I don't think we could have asked for anything better.
At least it wasn't a blowout.
Thankfully Da Bears still suck and lost to the Eagles.
But would you agree or disagree Flynn needs to make better choices on the field..?sorry for the spelling hiding Christmas Gifts…..

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
But would you agree or disagree Flynn needs to make better choices on the field..?sorry for the spelling hiding Christmas Gifts…..
I will agree that Flynn could have made a poor choice not throwing to Nelson on the very last play.
I would need more info or other examples where he made poor choices to give a 100% agreement.
I would like to know why he didn't throw it to Nelson. Wouldn't you?

No need to be sory fer spillong rrs arond hre.
It's actually against the rules for them to be pointed out.

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
I will agree that Flynn could have made a poor choice not throwing to Nelson on the very last play.
I would need more info or other examples where he made poor choices to give a 100% agreement.
I would like to know why he didn't throw it to Nelson. Wouldn't you?

No need to be sory fer spillong rrs arond hre.
It's actually against the rules for them to be pointed out.
YES YES YES I would...

OP
OP
FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here's the funny thing about the refs ******** us there, after Nick Perry screwed us there, after Flynn screwed us there...

It didn't/doesn't matter at all that we lost! Not one iota to making the playoffs!
Had we won, we STILL would HAVE TO BEAT CHICAGO, just like it is now having lost.

The game meant NOTHING to us.
Kinda like the game meant nothing to the EAGLES last night vs Da Bearz.... win or loss, they still HAVE to BEAT DALLAS next Sunday.

That should ease the sting of that failure a little bit last night, for some folks in here.

All eyes on Cutler, and Forte, and Jeffrey, Marshall, Martellus Bennett.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Everything has pretty well been covered, some multiple times. But I just can't get over squandering that first and goal at the end with 1:02 on the clock. Poor, Poor, Poor!

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nick Perry has got to win the dud award.

While I can appreciate the fact that he is giving effort out there, you have to KNOW the situation. There is a time to try to get a jump on a FG and rush in for the block.

A chip shot FG on 4th and 3 when you're going to get it back with 1 more chance is NOT the situation.

That play pretty much single-handedly blew the game. If the Steelers kick a FG instead of the TD we have more time on the clock left, one timeout left, and with Hyde's big return we can either play for OT or possibly get the win at the end with the extra timeout.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
STUDS: Chicago Bears. Thank you for giving the Packers another chance to find a way to win the division smh. I don't expect either team to do didly in the playoffs anyways.

DUDS: NFC North: The entire division laid an egg yesterday. Lions had everything fall there way with both the Packers and Bears losing. All they hadto do was beat a sorry Giants team at HOME and choked..again smh wow.

Bears could have sent us home and wrapped up the division. Instead got whomped and looked awful. So instead of resting guys next week in a seemingly meaningless game vs the Packers it will be win or go home.

Packers found another way to lose at home after giving us all false sense of hope that this team has what it takes to make some noise in the playoffs. People compare this team to the 2010 team but fail to mention that the 2010 team had a top 10 defense and got hot at the end of the season. This team is ONLY in the thick of things because the Lions and Bears can never take care of business when they need to. Rodgers or not the Packers will have an early exit...thats if they even beat Chicago Sunday.

Vikings?? well? i don't expect much from them so i won't waste my time.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just wanted to reiterate the dud for McCarthy. Should have let them score the 5 yard TD at the end of the game instead of wasting time. That extra timeout would have come in real handy at the end of the game.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just wanted to reiterate the dud for McCarthy. Should have let them score the 5 yard TD at the end of the game instead of wasting time. That extra timeout would have come in real handy at the end of the game.

I'm not a guy calling for MM's head by any means, but I can't understand his thinking at times. He said they did let them score, but he didn't consider doing so on the play before.

I'm baffled. They get to the 1 and you burn the timeout and THEN you'll let them score but not when they're at the 5?? What in the world is the difference? How is this logical?

Ceodore

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs: Matt Flynn - his passing is looking better each week.

I agree with you for the most part, however, he seems to have a real problem throwing the ball to the sidelines when receivers are supposed to be coming back towards him. I saw him throw SEVERAL feet short of guys coming back toward him numerous times yesterday. A seemingly easy pass he seems to have a great deal of trouble with it.

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
When we got that first and goal. Should of spiked the ball. 3 plays with about 20 sec left. Could of gotten it in.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree with you for the most part, however, he seems to have a real problem throwing the ball to the sidelines when receivers are supposed to be coming back towards him. I saw him throw SEVERAL feet short of guys coming back toward him numerous times yesterday. A seemingly easy pass he seems to have a great deal of trouble with it.

He seems to have a lot of problems with back shoulder and fade passes to the endzone and has a really hard time keeping it in bounds. I hope we accordingly adjust our playcalling in the endzone.

Overall he has done about as well as could be expected. No one should have expected him to be Aaron Rodgers.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts