Studs Duds and Epic Fails: A Hero Emerges

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
Studs, Totally agree with the Stud views out there...
Duds, I willalso pile on the MM bad wagon thought he had got in my med cabinet with that B*** S*** call..
Duds, Troy Aikman, Joe Buck for trying to pile on S Sheilds for a PI, what they failed to see at least twice was Jeffery grabbing SS face mask..
Dud, Morgan Burnett just keeps getting burned like toast on deep balls...

MiamiBeachPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hawk has almost as many tackles as the rest of the linebackers combined. His numbers are better than Briggs, Urlacher, Patrick Willis, Ray Lewis, etc. He is an ILB, not an OLB or DE, he isn't going to get a lot of sacks, it isn't his job to rush the passer.

Only one issue with your post. Hawk might have better numbers than Willis, but that doesn't make him better.

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
studs:
Rodgers- most sacked qb in the league and still carries the offense
Jones- 3 td is great any game, against the bears is amazing
cobb- the backwards pass wasnt his fault, made all his catches and one was incredible on 3rd down
matthews- 1st game back and already a large contributer. his sack celebration was gold.
hayward
running backs- other than grants fumble i thought they played well
finley- made some good catches

duds:
crosby- CUT HIM.
MM- CUT CROSBY. and some questionable play calls. even it was slocums idea, how do you allow that trick play when up by only 11?
Not to sound to corny but N Rackers Could be with Packers

Lex Luger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jumping on top of piles to get tackle assist doesnt make you a good player, and the reason he is never hurt is becuase he plays soft and avoids hard contact. Ive never seen a linebacker on the ground grabbing at ankles as much as Hawk has this year. Ive defended him in the past, but this year has been by far his worst, and saying his numbers are better than Patrick Willis and briggs is a joke. The guy cant make an open field tackle to save his life. He constantly ends up on the turf or just completely whiffs. Being an ILB is no excuse for having virtually zero big plays in two years. I would be happy with one good tackle on a RB without ending up on the ground.

Have you actually watched him at all this year? He's been pathetic.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
AJ Hawk needs to be benched and cut in the offseason. He is by far our worst starter. He's soft and constantly gets bulled over by guys smaller than him. He never gets any sacks, FF , or INT's. He might be the worst starting LB in the NFL this year.

What makes it even worse is he really isnt untalented, hes just playing like a pansy.
Hawks play has picked up this season due to his weight loss, and despite being rotating to the weak side, where he struggles, he has put up solid numbers including some impact tackles.

You sir either have not been watching, or have a terrible bias.

gbpack12_2_89

Bleeding Green and Gold
Reaction score
Studs:

Cobb- sick catches and got open after the initial route and kept many drives going when no one else did.

Green- hard running. he may not have done much but he made chicken salad today on those runs getting an extra yd or 2.

Sammy Miami- Could have gotten his mind wrong after that facemask he got and then he in turn got called for the holding....ended up drawing foul after foul on jeffrey.

Clay- made play after play and even when he didn't get the rush he made a key tip

Masthay- that punt inside the 2 was money

D-line- didn't get a ton of pressure but they did move the line enough to eat up Jay's pocket

Duds:

Play calling was stupid enough a few times to overshadow when it was good the other times

Crosby: stop moping and start packing

Brad Jones covering marshall on that Td pass. WTF was that about or did Casey blow an assignment.

Clay's magic mike sack dance. Never do that again...ever.
So you didn't see brad jones stop the 2nd and 3rd down runs on the 1 yard line to force the bears to a FG brad had one bad play followed up by 5-8 good plays and he's a dud? Re watch the game and see what he does

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So you didn't see brad jones stop the 2nd and 3rd down runs on the 1 yard line to force the bears to a FG brad had one bad play followed up by 5-8 good plays and he's a dud? Re watch the game and see what he does
I didn't say Brad Jones. I said Brad Jones covering Marshall and whomever is responsible for him covering Marshall on that play.

slaughter25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hawks play has picked up this season due to his weight loss, and despite being rotating to the weak side, where he struggles, he has put up solid numbers including some impact tackles.

You sir either have not been watching, or have a terrible bias.

He is playing out of position next to nobodies for a good part of the season and he is almost always around the ball. He inst a big name top 3 in the league guy but he starting caliber and would start on most teams in the NFL. He's having arguably the best season of his career and has really been a constant fixture on the D where so many guys have been in and out due to injury. I like him a lot more this year than last and I am excited to see him and Bishop on the field together again next year. But, until then I hope he stays healthy and keeps gobbling up the tackles.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
Wanted to add that Masthay did great on that one kick.
Also since this thread seems to go on detail did anyone hear the Packer fan cursing at the Bears in the middle of the game.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Music Fail City punt thing. WTF was that.

What follows is a verbatim of the exchange that happened between Jack (my son. 3 years old. Packer diehard) and myself:

Me : "AWWW! COME ON!"
Jack : "AWWW those dirty BEARS!"
Me : "Yeah, they're bad news aren't they?"
Jack : "Yeah! They're bad! They take! And the Packers are good! They give!"

Hahaha.

Thanks, bud. You're right; though it didn't make me feel much better about that play....

H

HardRightEdge

Music Fail City punt thing. WTF was that.

I'll be glad to pile on that one. Arrogant, unconscionable, inexcusable, knuckle headed, ludicrous, just plain stupid...did I leave anything out?

At least McCarthy went for it on 4th. and 2 instead of trying a 54 yd. FG. One step forward, one step back. Going for it on 4th. and 6 instead of kicking a 43 yarder looks like the end of the vote of confidence for Crosby.

Bears were 0-10 on 3rd. and 4th. down. Outstanding defensive effort all around.

This game was not as close as the score.

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
Wanted to add that Masthay did great on that one kick.
Also since this thread seems to go on detail did anyone hear the Packer fan cursing at the Bears in the middle of the game.
I thought I was the only one to hear that, had to Tivo it to make sure, better watch out for the Bleep police...

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
AJ Hawk needs to be benched and cut in the offseason. He is by far our worst starter. He's soft and constantly gets bulled over by guys smaller than him. He never gets any sacks, FF , or INT's. He might be the worst starting LB in the NFL this year.

What makes it even worse is he really isnt untalented, hes just playing like a pansy.

Ummm.....that's retarded. He is constantly around the ball, making big tackles. This is his best season is a few years. What the hell games are you watching dude? Also, you ahve no clue what you are talking about, learn the game, then speak, till then, sit boy....hush....good boy.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
Need to add Raji to the studs. He was in the backfield all day.

Finally !!!! someone gave props. Raji was all in the backfield, busting up runs, smacking cutler around. The bears O line was holding him all damn day due to him causing hate in the backfield. He did a great job, no plays off for him.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
He's even dumber for admitting to allowing that than calling it in the first place.
It would have been smarter for the Packers not to have anyone back on that punt return. It would have been much smarter to instruct Cobb to stand on the 10-yard line and fair catch any ball he could easily get to, and let everything else bounce around. That was a gigantically stupid call. The only thing worse would be for McCarthy not to take responsibility for it.

Studs: Packers third down defense!!! Didn't allow a single conversion in 9 tries. (I believe it was 9, not 10, but either way a supreme effort.) Packers goal line defense!

Stud not mentioned: Mike Neal. If he can continue to progress, that'll be big for the D.

BTW, I don't fault Brad Jones at all for not being able to cover Marshall. That was the scheme IMO - a CB has to have tighter coverage on the only receiver Cutler trusts all the time. If you want to have a LB help underneath, OK but Jones was the closest to him on the TD pass and that was the scheme's fault IMO.

Also, I'm pretty sure Peppers' helmet collided with Rodgers' helmet on that sack. One can argue about how the rules have changed to protect QBs, but under the current rules IMO that was clearly a penalty. Non-call on Shields at the end of the game was bad, particularly with how close they were calling offensive interference.

Rocky11

Superbowl bound Pack
Reaction score
Awesome, what was Jones doing last summer? He did something right. He learned how to catch. God bless em.

H

HardRightEdge

Studs: Packers third down defense!!! Didn't allow a single conversion in 9 tries. (I believe it was 9, not 10, but either way a supreme effort.)

The 0-10 posted earlier was for 3rd. and 4th. down, as noted in that post. 0-9 on 3rd. down is as you stated. That's outstanding, and the reason the Bears only go 48 offensive plays and 190 yds. Only one play over 20 yds., Forte's 22 yd. run. The Bears biggest gainer of the day was on the Burnett pass interference.

Members online

Latest posts