Studs Duds and Epic Fails: A Hero Emerges

L

Lunchboxer

Studs Aaron Rodgers 3TDs some tad bad throws but good over allk

James Jones 3TDs nuff said

Cobb key catches keeps drives alive. Over all good day.

Harris good running today

D played good too

Finley did not drop a pass.

Duds OL was not all that good. Rodgers was under pressre all day.

Newhouse letting people by alot.

I feel its needed to add a Epic Fail section. Players or plays there were just that failed.

Epic Fails Mason Crosby missed 2 42 yard attempts.

Music Fail City punt thing. WTF was that.

UpDownEndAround

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That was the most poorly coached game I have seen from the Packers is quite awhile. Normally I am happy with the way McCarthy calls a game, but today was pathetic - no way Slocum gets to make that call without McCarthys stamp of approval.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Additional Studs:

Clay Matthews

Duds:

Whoever was responsible for the play calling. It was just awful...yet again.

You're such a Dud you should be released now:

Mason Crosby

L

Lunchboxer

That was the most poorly coached game I have seen from the Packers is quite awhile. Normally I am happy with the way McCarthy calls a game, but today was pathetic - no way Slocum gets to make that call without McCarthys stamp of approval.

How do you know MM eather passed it or not. Maybe Slocum did it without MM approval?

UpDownEndAround

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How do you know MM eather passed it or not. Maybe Slocum did it without MM approval?

Passed it? What's that even mean? How do I know he OK'd it? I don't, but it's ridiculous if he doesn't have veto power over something like that, wouldn't you say?

dbain21

Chicagoland Packer Fan
Reaction score
studs:
Rodgers- most sacked qb in the league and still carries the offense
Jones- 3 td is great any game, against the bears is amazing
cobb- the backwards pass wasnt his fault, made all his catches and one was incredible on 3rd down
matthews- 1st game back and already a large contributer. his sack celebration was gold.
hayward
running backs- other than grants fumble i thought they played well
finley- made some good catches

duds:
crosby- CUT HIM.
MM- CUT CROSBY. and some questionable play calls. even it was slocums idea, how do you allow that trick play when up by only 11?

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
"We're up by 11 right now, so we can afford to be adventurous, and besides, they'll NEVER see it coming!!!"

12theTruth

Studs:

James Jones
Cobb
Finley
Rodgers, especially late. Early on he was off on his passes but that had to do with poor protection as well
Matthews
Masthay

Shields and basically the whole defense including a special shout out to Dom Capers who owns Jay Cutler

Duds:

MM's late game play calling
Major Special Teams Gaffe backwards lateral by Cobb coaches by ??? :poop:
SIR MISS-A-LOT Crosby
O-line
Uneven pass protection. A-Rod took some very tough hits.
Refs seemed to not be even handed in dishing out the flags. Call on Peppers and No-call on Shields were very questionable.

Ugly win. Packers need to hone some things in here as there is only 2 weeks left to iron out their kinks. Only complete performance of year is still against the Texans. Hopefully no injuries of note from today's game. GO PACK!

Jordyruns

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Masthay has to be a stud, did a good job all day and that final punt sealed the stud for me.

Finley is a stud today as well, big conversion and nice reception for 31 yards, he is a stud today.

Shields is another stud, great job all day, got away with one at the end but overall a great job that allowed us to double Marshall all day. Without that Marshall may of made Cutler look a lot better today.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
The difference for Finley today was he made catches in the clutch - that 4th down catch comes to mind. He did play well today, but boy he just can't block for ****.
He can if they're smaller than he is, but that's it. I've seen him lay out smaller guys (irvin, etc)

Jordyruns

Cheesehead
Reaction score
12theTruth beat me to my two studs no one has really mentioned, Masthay and Shields, oh well good to see them get the love.

Dud should be Cobb in returns did nothing all day and was the one who threw the ball even if a coach called it.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs:

Cobb- sick catches and got open after the initial route and kept many drives going when no one else did.

Green- hard running. he may not have done much but he made chicken salad today on those runs getting an extra yd or 2.

Sammy Miami- Could have gotten his mind wrong after that facemask he got and then he in turn got called for the holding....ended up drawing foul after foul on jeffrey.

Clay- made play after play and even when he didn't get the rush he made a key tip

Masthay- that punt inside the 2 was money

D-line- didn't get a ton of pressure but they did move the line enough to eat up Jay's pocket

Duds:

Play calling was stupid enough a few times to overshadow when it was good the other times

Crosby: stop moping and start packing

Brad Jones covering marshall on that Td pass. WTF was that about or did Casey blow an assignment.

Clay's magic mike sack dance. Never do that again...ever.

Alex

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs:
Rodgers- made some amazing throws today
James Jones- 3 td's against the Bears is just glorious
Shields- Great job covering today
CASEY HAYWARD - came up huge with the INT
Clay Matthews - Classic Val Venus sack celly it was awesome seeing him out there
Run game- had some good breaks into open area for running
Jay Cutler-- Comes up big for the Pack again as always :roflmao:

Duds:
O-line still needs to protect better..a few times I was afraid Rodgers was hurt
Crosby- just atrocious get the f*** off of the team
Coaching - That ST call was horrible, who does that with a lead in a game?! Plus the last offensive series in recent games are terrible, giving the ball back with too much time left and a 1 possession lead
Stupid penalties on Defense

I thought it was overall a pretty good game. Each side of the ball played pretty good but still room for improvements.

Lex Luger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
AJ Hawk needs to be benched and cut in the offseason. He is by far our worst starter. He's soft and constantly gets bulled over by guys smaller than him. He never gets any sacks, FF , or INT's. He might be the worst starting LB in the NFL this year.

What makes it even worse is he really isnt untalented, hes just playing like a pansy.

tripleguy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
AJ has his weaknesses, but the guy plays, every game. I'm getting tired ot studs who can't suit up. Say what you will about Hawk - he's on the field for every game.

LargeRon

Cheesehead
Reaction score
AJ Hawk needs to be benched and cut in the offseason. He is by far our worst starter. He's soft and constantly gets bulled over by guys smaller than him. He never gets any sacks, FF , or INT's. He might be the worst starting LB in the NFL this year.

What makes it even worse is he really isnt untalented, hes just playing like a pansy.
Hawk has almost as many tackles as the rest of the linebackers combined. His numbers are better than Briggs, Urlacher, Patrick Willis, Ray Lewis, etc. He is an ILB, not an OLB or DE, he isn't going to get a lot of sacks, it isn't his job to rush the passer.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts