Studs and duds

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
To go off your post and how we are minus 2 of our top 3 OT...

If that is a "reason" why our line is poor, then can't the same be said about our LB's? And DB?

So if that is all equal, then when we get those guys back, shouldnt we get stronger?

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
^^
I will label this game "The day the injury bug finally caught up" We have been running from that son of a gun since 2010 and he finally caught us. Live to fight another day and be glad it wasn't a must win game. Time to finally start bringing starters back off the injury list and pound out some gritty wins against division foes. If we cant do that we don't deserve play offs and it will be time to address some issues in a busy off season.
there are no excuses for tonight it was a case of talent verses no talent....

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
Well, it was a long post so I'll try to go off of memory then.

Stud: Dezman Moses: had at least one sack and a few more pressures.

Duds:

Mike McCarthy: Low percentage move to have Crosby kick a 55 yarder instead of pinning the Giants back near their goal line. Remember that the Giants possession before they had to punt it. Definately flipped the field position and momentum as well. Just plain dumb. Also equally perplexing is not going for it on 4th and inches inside the Giants 10 yard line. While MM was scuffling, Couglin was putting on the accelerator. One of MM's worst coaching days in his time here.

Aaron Rodgers: Accuracy really suffered and had poor pocket presence tonite. Although, the Giants were coming at him from all angles due to sieve like protectoin. Seemed Lackadasial especially as the margin of deficit grew larger.

Offensive Line: HORRIBLE. INEPT. SAD.. Created a few holes early but their utterly pathetic pass protection complettely wiped out the few small positives that had been put forth.

WR: Outside of Jordy's TD, the WR's couldn't handle the Giants physicality. Not many open WR's but its not like A-Rod had an accurate arm tonite either.

Mason Crosby: Really didn't learn any more about Crosby tonite. The FG he did make was basically of extra point distance and the attempt he missed was definately not a gimme at 55 yards. It does add another miss to his already poor FG accuracy for the season. Still a dud until he proves otherwise.

Defense: Very little pressure on QB on a whole and it seemed the Giants could run for huge chunks up the middle when they wanted. Where is the NT or the MLB? Schematically the D was on their heels by the Giants throughout most of the evening. An occasional good pass breakup and solid tackle were the minority. Poor tackling and effort were far more the norm tonite.

Some on this board say that, "do not overeact", or, "we'll get stronger". I counter that in the key area of offensive line we are currently minus 2 of our top 3 offensive tackles for the season. Add that to EDS and Saturday forming one of the poorest interior pass protection tandems in the NFL and improvement is really meaningless when you have such a low point of origin. Some white night will not magically bolster this unit and we are stuck with Campen and the lineman who have given up the 5th highest amount of sacks in the NFL.
I wish Arena football was like farm clubs for NFL teams, because fundamentals is lacking in green bay....

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
Studs = Giants
Duds = Mustaches
the biggest dud was Mike Mccarthy, for not having the sack for not going for it on 4th down, and for not keeping at least one guy to protect A-rod, and believing these sad sack O'lineman can protect, maybe they can protect family members from extra helpings of turkey but nothing else...

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
Studs:
Moses, if only by comparison. He was the only one getting anything that resembled pressure.
Hawk. This year I have had little bad to say about him.
Finley. If only for catching that one tip.

Duds:
Linemen, all of them.
Zombo
Burnett for lousy tackling
I wish people would stop calling Dom Capers smart..if Mc Carthy is calling the offensive plays take all the blame and call defensive plays also....no balls from him on 4th downs..

P-E-Z

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I do not even know were to start.... bad O line, no run game, no pass protection. Defense can't stop the run can't stop the pass. Our coaches were once again beaten game plan. Manning dropping a shoulder and hitting Tramon Williams shows he thought he chance to run through the tackle. I think we can win last games with only the Bears being a real threat. We will be in playoffs but I am not sure the team can beat 49ers or the Giants....

L

Lunchboxer

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

I am kinda relived they lost but I was hoping it would be close. Now We can go to their house in the Playoffs and Beat them Hardcore in JAN.

Yes thats my YT Channel.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Duds:

Aaron Rodgers, for continuing to lock-in on Cobb too often, and ignore Jones and Jordy.

Glad someone said it. Rodgers seems to have gone tunnel vision on Cobb now and negated one of his supposed strong points, reading the coverage. It could be because he fears the pass rush with this pathetic OL.[/quote]

Apart from Cobb and Nelson, who else does he have ??? He seemed to be running for his life yesterday

LZ13

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Add those horrific mustaches to the duds list. Wow, that was almost creepy.

slaughter25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
there are no excuses for tonight it was a case of talent verses no talent....

I don't think a more inaccurate statement could have been made about last nights game. If there is anything the packers are comparable to the Giants is talent. Execution, drive, toughness, fundamentals all of those things the Giants completely and utterly dominated the packers in last night but talent... cmon man.... its not like the Packers got space jammed during the week. The Giants lined up with a better gameplan and players driven to execute that game plan.

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

I am kinda relived they lost but I was hoping it would be close. Now We can go to their house in the Playoffs and Beat them Hardcore in JAN.

Yes thats my YT Channel.

Hey!....you could of put Crosby in the Studs this week! He made a FG!!! :D

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
I will add Tramon Williams to the duds list.

Did anyone notice what Tramon did on that long run after the screen to Bradshaw? Williams seemed to be in a position to make a tackle, but instead turned to his left and blocked a blocker (?) while letting Bradshaw run past. After watching it a couple times, the best I could think of was that Tramon did not want to get run over.

I don't know, maybe I was mis-interpreting what I saw. Either way, T. Williams seems to be a has-been so far this season.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
I will add Tramon Williams to the duds list.

Did anyone notice what Tramon did on that long run after the screen to Bradshaw? Williams seemed to be in a position to make a tackle, but instead turned to his left and blocked a blocker (?) while letting Bradshaw run past. After watching it a couple times, the best I could think of was that Tramon did not want to get run over.

I don't know, maybe I was mis-interpreting what I saw. Either way, T. Williams seems to be a has-been so far this season.
I remember the dance he had when he had the wrap up and the guy just spun out of his hands

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
Yeah, that is right. Tramon is a poor tackler. Now that his coverage skills seem to be lacking, not sure if he will be starting next year...

Oh, and another dud on my list:

Green. He has had nearly 100 runs this season, yet has hit daylight only once (41 yarder). I know the offensive line is not very good. But, come on. Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while. One would think that Green would accidentally stumble through a hole and break free more than 1% of the time.

This especially looks bad when comparing Green to Cobb. In Cobb's nine runs (behind the same O-line), he is averaging 5 times more yards than Green. 14 yards vs 3. Scarce statistics, I know, but still...

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
Duds:

Aaron Rodgers, for continuing to lock-in on Cobb too often, and ignore Jones and Jordy.

Glad someone said it. Rodgers seems to have gone tunnel vision on Cobb now and negated one of his supposed strong points, reading the coverage. It could be because he fears the pass rush with this pathetic OL.[/quote]
Can't leave out finley, had 2 clutch plays and only 1 drop.

The_PackisBack

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
In a game full of duds for the Pack there wasn't a particular stud but a stud moment in that TD pass. Worked perfectly. The pass was great and seeing Nelson with the ball again was awesome. Just wish it would have happened more.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts