1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Studs and duds

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by longtimefan, Nov 25, 2012.

1. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,994
    To go off your post and how we are minus 2 of our top 3 OT...

If that is a "reason" why our line is poor, then can't the same be said about our LB's? And DB?

So if that is all equal, then when we get those guys back, shouldnt we get stronger?

2. melvin dangerr

melvin dangerr Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +105
    there are no excuses for tonight it was a case of talent verses no talent....

• Disagree Disagree x 3
  3. melvin dangerr

Ratings:
    +105
    devon house needs to learn bump and run is not grab hold and not tackle....

4. melvin dangerr

Ratings:
    +105
    I wish Arena football was like farm clubs for NFL teams, because fundamentals is lacking in green bay....

5. melvin dangerr

Ratings:
    +105
    the biggest dud was Mike Mccarthy, for not having the sack for not going for it on 4th down, and for not keeping at least one guy to protect A-rod, and believing these sad sack O'lineman can protect, maybe they can protect family members from extra helpings of turkey but nothing else...

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. melvin dangerr

Ratings:
    +105
    I wish people would stop calling Dom Capers smart..if Mc Carthy is calling the offensive plays take all the blame and call defensive plays also....no balls from him on 4th downs..

7. P-E-Z

P-E-Z Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +91
    I do not even know were to start.... bad O line, no run game, no pass protection. Defense can't stop the run can't stop the pass. Our coaches were once again beaten game plan. Manning dropping a shoulder and hitting Tramon Williams shows he thought he chance to run through the tackle. I think we can win last games with only the Bears being a real threat. We will be in playoffs but I am not sure the team can beat 49ers or the Giants....

8. Lunchboxer

Lunchboxer Guest

Ratings:
    +76

I am kinda relived they lost but I was hoping it would be close. Now We can go to their house in the Playoffs and Beat them Hardcore in JAN.

Yes thats my YT Channel.

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. burt packerack

burt packerack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +99
    Kuhn played a great game. He had a good block that allowed the touchdown to Jordy to happen.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Vladimirr

Vladimirr Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +107
    I was just going to post the same thing. He had that thirty yard catch-and-run too, and a total of 66 yards for the game. More than he usually sees, anyway. Kuhn was a stud.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. buggybill2003

buggybill2003 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,267
    Glad someone said it. Rodgers seems to have gone tunnel vision on Cobb now and negated one of his supposed strong points, reading the coverage. It could be because he fears the pass rush with this pathetic OL.[/quote]

Apart from Cobb and Nelson, who else does he have ??? He seemed to be running for his life yesterday

12. LZ13

LZ13 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +86
    Add those horrific mustaches to the duds list. Wow, that was almost creepy.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. slaughter25

slaughter25 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +211
    I don't think a more inaccurate statement could have been made about last nights game. If there is anything the packers are comparable to the Giants is talent. Execution, drive, toughness, fundamentals all of those things the Giants completely and utterly dominated the packers in last night but talent... cmon man.... its not like the Packers got space jammed during the week. The Giants lined up with a better gameplan and players driven to execute that game plan.

14. IluvGB

IluvGB I <3 Packers!!!!

Ratings:
    +845
    Hey!....you could of put Crosby in the Studs this week! He made a FG!!! :D

15. RandyM

RandyM Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +52
    Including the coaching staff..

16. PFanCan

PFanCan That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.

Ratings:
    +882
    I will add Tramon Williams to the duds list.

Did anyone notice what Tramon did on that long run after the screen to Bradshaw? Williams seemed to be in a position to make a tackle, but instead turned to his left and blocked a blocker (?) while letting Bradshaw run past. After watching it a couple times, the best I could think of was that Tramon did not want to get run over.

I don't know, maybe I was mis-interpreting what I saw. Either way, T. Williams seems to be a has-been so far this season.

17. HyponGrey

HyponGrey Caseus Locutus Est

Ratings:
    +1,030
    I remember the dance he had when he had the wrap up and the guy just spun out of his hands

18. PFanCan

PFanCan That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.

Ratings:
    +882
    Yeah, that is right. Tramon is a poor tackler. Now that his coverage skills seem to be lacking, not sure if he will be starting next year...

Oh, and another dud on my list:

Green. He has had nearly 100 runs this season, yet has hit daylight only once (41 yarder). I know the offensive line is not very good. But, come on. Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while. One would think that Green would accidentally stumble through a hole and break free more than 1% of the time.

This especially looks bad when comparing Green to Cobb. In Cobb's nine runs (behind the same O-line), he is averaging 5 times more yards than Green. 14 yards vs 3. Scarce statistics, I know, but still...

19. melvin dangerr

Ratings:
    +105
    Glad someone said it. Rodgers seems to have gone tunnel vision on Cobb now and negated one of his supposed strong points, reading the coverage. It could be because he fears the pass rush with this pathetic OL.[/quote]
    Can't leave out finley, had 2 clutch plays and only 1 drop.

20. The_PackisBack

The_PackisBack GO PACK GO!

Ratings:
    +3
    In a game full of duds for the Pack there wasn't a particular stud but a stud moment in that TD pass. Worked perfectly. The pass was great and seeing Nelson with the ball again was awesome. Just wish it would have happened more.