Studs and duds Viking game

NorthWestCheeseHead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Every big play we've given up is because one of them has been out of position or thought someone else had a receiver/back wide open. Only reasoning I have.
Every big play in every game? Come on lol

Well, to generalize Whatthehells' statement a little bit more so. Almost every big play in football happens either because someone was out of position or got beat.

Rocky11

Superbowl bound Pack
Reaction score
I thought that Greg Jennings finally showed up. He seemed like he wanted to be there and he played pretty hard.

Harrison McCaslin

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tramon came real close to being that guy.
Cut him some slack. He's being targeted for one penalty. I understand that he had a few "scared" moments, where he didn't make a tackle, but ALOT of guys don't give 100%. How about our defensive front? Tramon wouldn't have to run from Peterson if THEY could stop him. So don't pin it on one guy.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
Cut him some slack. He's being targeted for one penalty. I understand that he had a few "scared" moments, where he didn't make a tackle, but ALOT of guys don't give 100%. How about our defensive front? Tramon wouldn't have to run from Peterson if THEY could stop him. So don't pin it on one guy.
Peterson ran to the outside, around the DL. To the side with CJ Wilson, the least experienced DL, and Erik Walden. And Tramon. Need I say more? I will say this, on at least one of those "scared" moments, he was playing contain because Peterson had already run past Burnett, making him the last guy between Peterson and open space.

Harrison McCaslin

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Peterson ran to the outside, around the DL. To the side with CJ Wilson, the least experienced DL, and Erik Walden. And Tramon. Need I say more? I will say this, on at least one of those "scared" moments, he was playing contain because Peterson had already run past Burnett, making him the last guy between Peterson and open space.
I'm just saying. Williams isn't responsible for us losing. It's a team effort.

Harrison McCaslin

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm just saying, everyone else on the team gave some effort.
Just because he "sat out" mentally for a few plays doesn't mean he didn't give effort. I promise not every player gave 100% on every play. Almost Every player has three or four plays, generally, where they mentally check out. Tramons just came in key moments.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
I'm just saying. Williams isn't responsible for us losing. It's a team effort.
As I said, Wilson has only been a starter for a year, so I didn't expect stellar performance, he had some trouble disengaging from the block. Walden... is Walden, didn't expect much from him. Burnett missed a few tackles, one because he was in air diving and only got one hand on Peterson, but also because he was blowing up the block or playing contain. That left Tramon to tackle. Tramon didn't.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
I'm just defending him cause its not fair to put the loss on one person, or a majority of the loss.
I don't put it all on him, MD Jennings had some blame, as did Don Barclay, though Barclay I put more on MM for not giving him help he obviously needed, and a few "young" mistakes cost us a close game

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
I don't put it all on him, MD Jennings had some blame, as did Don Barclay, though Barclay I put more on MM for not giving him help he obviously needed, and a few "young" mistakes cost us a close game
I also blame that crummy field. Not the crowd, the actual field. They can't get their new place fast enough.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
He only got beat because he peeked, and stayed beat because he kept peeking. Can't blame him for thinking "there's no way they're actually throwing this is there?" Roll it back and look for Wright's move where he got separation. Woudn be surprised if you see some illegal contact, or did Sam not even pursue until he was already beat? Plus that was a good throw by Ponder, even a little underthrown and Sam would have tried to make a play.

Harrison McCaslin

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He only got beat because he peeked, and stayed beat because he kept peeking. Can't blame him for thinking "there's no way they're actually throwing this is there?" Roll it back and look for Wright's move where he got separation. Woudn be surprised if you see some illegal contact, or did he Sam not even pursue until he was already beat? Plus that was a good throw by Ponder, even a little underthrown and Sam would have tried to make a play.
True that, and Sam just got beat, from looking back all the time. You're right.

Members online

Latest posts