Studs and duds Viking game

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Field: WTF we slipped around ten times on major plays
Yeah except Jarrett Boykin, who finally got his chance and made the big 4th down catch, but his phucking foot got stuck in that turf, and his season is for sure over on that Godforsaken pieceofshit field. Just as Will Blackmons was, Mark Tauschers was, Nick Barnetts was..... I hate that stadium and now, once again, hate the Vikings.
Although I like Peterson dammit.

Duds:
-TrayMon Williams for going ghetto on ghetto Jerome Simpson, OFFICIALLY costing us 4 points.
-Casey Hayward, for blowing the game on 3rd & 11. Cost us the game.
-Jerel Worthy... we saw some plays from CJ Wilson, Pickett, Raji, Neal, but nothing ever from Worthy or Mike Daniels. Nothing. No plays.
-MD Jennings, should have had the Int on that TD, or at least knocked it down. Bad luck maybe. But he was there and didn't make the play. Also tackled like a girl.
-Jerron McMillian, beaten by Rudolph and committed holding penalty. Didn't come up with a play ever.
-Dan or Don Barkley or Barclay. God we miss Bulaga, even though he wasn't playing great.
-The refs. -Gave them every close call, making us challenge or the review booth challenge. Plus they never ever once called a holding call on any of Petersons 200 yards in runs. 100% textbook blocking apparently. Watch Matthews get tackled on Peterson's final run, by the TE. Our DBs need to learn how to tackle like their TE did there.
-The whole pass defense except Matthews for making a crappy QB look like Drew Brees today, which is hard to do.
-Football Gods.... we get an tipped pass and we have 3 guys there to pick it off, yet somehow it bypasses all of our arms and goes to their guy who catches it on the ground, and the refs give them the catch.
Peterson's fumble..... he was losing his grip on it as it was going towards the ground... if there wasn't a clear shot of the play, they can't overturn it. And Rodgers fumble was so close too... went their way.
Even the refs on the field tried to screw James Jones out of the touchdown.

Studs
James Jones
Jordy Nelson
Greg Jennings
Jarrett Boykin
Jeremy Ross
Jermike Finley
Marshall Newhouse. I expected him to be a turnstyle like Barclay, but he was pretty good.
Clay Matthews
Ryan Pickett
Aaron Rodgers.... didn't look but I bet the passer rating was about 125. Should win every time.
DuJuan Harris
Mason Crosby!

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
Duds:
-Jerel Worthy... we saw some plays from CJ Wilson, Pickett, Raji, Neal, but nothing ever from Worthy or Mike Daniels. Nothing. No plays.
-Jerron McMillian, beaten by Rudolph and committed holding penalty. Didn't come up with a play ever.
-Football Gods.... we get an tipped pass and we have 3 guys there to pick it off, yet somehow it bypasses all of our arms and goes to their guy who catches it on the ground, and the refs give them the catch.
Rookie Rookie Rookie
Oh yeah, that last one was Jennings. He pulled back and let it hit the "ground" just in time to watch it get caught.

bradwillrockyou

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's just how I saw things. You could tell that Rodgers was peeved at the misses/drops as well. I'm sure Jennings himself wasn't feeling too great about them either. Doesn't matter much anyway. I'm sure everyone will be back up to speed next week.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
Studs- Ross, Rodgers, WR's, Finley, Harris, blocking TE's, Raji, Crosby.

Duds the rest. Specifically. Tramon and Burnett. Shields for being dumb and letting Jenkins get wide open. MD Jennings kid can't tackle or play coverage.
I'll say this again. Burnett made SOME plays. He was hot and cold all night

12theTruth

This game went much different than i thought it would.

Studs: Jennings, D-line , Crosby, Dujuan Harris, Jones, Nelson

Duds: Secondary, CAPERS, karma

Well, its official. The Packers defense does VERY well against pocket QB's. which Ponder is not but a VERY mobile QB and aided by a good game plan dismantled the Packers defense. Capers got schooled today. Defense was prepared to STOP Adrian Peterson but NOT to defend any possible play action or mid to deep throws very well.

We need to draft CB's who don't mind laying the wood on the opponent. Tramon thinks he is Deion Sanders. I don't think it would be an overeaction to draft CB high once again to get a player in the mold of Seattles two CB's.

And what was with all those burned timeouts in the first half?? Uncertainty from new center? Rodgers being irritated with the refs? Either way a championship caliber QB let us down in regards to the utter waste of timeouts. Note that one of the timeouts could have helped prevent the Vikes last drive of first half.

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
Yeah except Jarrett Boykin, who finally got his chance and made the big 4th down catch, but his phucking foot got stuck in that turf, and his season is for sure over on that Godforsaken pieceofshit field. Just as Will Blackmons was, Mark Tauschers was, Nick Barnetts was..... I hate that stadium and now, once again, hate the Vikings.
Although I like Peterson dammit.

Duds:
-TrayMon Williams for going ghetto on ghetto Jerome Simpson, OFFICIALLY costing us 4 points.
-MD Jennings, should have had the Int on that TD, or at least knocked it down. Bad luck maybe. But he was there and didn't make the play. Also tackled like a girl.
-Dan or Don Barkley or Barclay. God we miss Bulaga, even though he wasn't playing great.
-The refs. -Gave them every close call, making us challenge or the review booth challenge. Plus they never ever once called a holding call on any of Petersons 200 yards in runs. 100% textbook blocking apparently. Watch Matthews get tackled on Peterson's final run, by the TE. Our DBs need to learn how to tackle like their TE did there.
-The whole pass defense except Matthews for making a crappy QB look like Drew Brees today, which is hard to do.
Peterson's fumble..... he was losing his grip on it as it was going towards the ground... if there wasn't a clear shot of the play, they can't overturn it. And Rodgers fumble was so close too... went their way.
Even the refs on the field tried to screw James Jones out of the touchdown.

Studs
James Jones
Jordy Nelson
Greg Jennings
Jarrett Boykin
Jeremy Ross
Jermike Finley
Marshall Newhouse. I expected him to be a turnstyle like Barclay, but he was pretty good.
Clay Matthews
Ryan Pickett
Aaron Rodgers.... didn't look but I bet the passer rating was about 125. Should win every time.
DuJuan Harris
Mason Crosby![/quot

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
Duds-The packer threads nailed them all except Mike McCarthy, get a smart phone to review your dumb decisions.
Duds-The tackling coach if there is such a thing......

Mr. StyleZ

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Rodgers was a DUD. Zero pocket awareness. Took way too many sacks, and that fumble.
Tramon Williams is always a dud.

Ross was a Stud.

12theTruth

Rodgers was a DUD. Zero pocket awareness. Took way too many sacks, and that fumble.
Tramon Williams is always a dud.

Ross was a Stud.

This is why I didn't include Rodgers as a stud. If Aaron could have turned just a couple of his negative plays into positive ones we could have prevailed. Definitely not a MVP performance.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is why I didn't include Rodgers as a stud. If Aaron could have turned just a couple of his negative plays into positive ones we could have prevailed. Definitely not a MVP performance.
Rodgers passer rating was 132. no interceptions.
I know he occasionally takes too long and some sacks are on him.

But he does not enjoy the same great pass protection that Manning or Brady get, or Ponder today.
Other than Matthews, did you see ANY OTHER PACKER even hit Ponder on a pass attempt?

I thought I had high expectations for Rodgers, sheesh!
4 TDs, 0 Ints, almost 400 yards, 132 passer rating isn't studly?

12theTruth

Rodgers passer rating was 132. no interceptions.
I know he occasionally takes too long and some sacks are on him.

But he does not enjoy the same great pass protection that Manning or Brady get, or Ponder today.
Other than Matthews, did you see ANY OTHER PACKER even hit Ponder on a pass attempt?

I thought I had high expectations for Rodgers, sheesh!
4 TDs, 0 Ints, almost 400 yards, 132 passer rating isn't studly?

Playing against a Vikings squad that had a decimated secondary I would expect some big numbers, no? I wouldn't expect him to burn timeouts leaving the team short handed when they needed on late in the first half. With it being a 3 point game yes a mistake or two could have been the difference. Again, never said Aaron Rodgers was a dud but his performance was not a stud either.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Playing against a Vikings squad that had a decimated secondary I would expect some big numbers, no? I wouldn't expect him to burn timeouts leaving the team short handed when they needed on late in the first half. With it being a 3 point game yes a mistake or two could have been the difference. Again, never said Aaron Rodgers was a dud but his performance was not a stud either.
Those are not all his fault.... they are slow to get the plays called in and they are hard to hear in that artificial stadium & noise.

Again, Rodgers was a surgeon, 132 passer rating, 4 TDs, 0 Ints, almost 400 yards.
That's not worthy of a stud?
Because the schitty defense allowed Ponder to look like Peyton Manning?

12theTruth

Those are not all his fault.... they are slow to get the plays called in and they are hard to hear in that artificial stadium & noise.

Again, Rodgers was a surgeon, 132 passer rating, 4 TDs, 0 Ints, almost 400 yards.
That's not worthy of a stud?
Because the schitty defense allowed Ponder to look like Peyton Manning?

What is the source for the reason as to timeouts? I still wouldn't absolve the signal caller of all culpability. He had a very good game but he was responsible for arguably the biggest momentum changer in the game, turning the ball over as the Packers were driving for the score.

Again the Vikings were decimated in the secondary and Rodgers should have good stats...

karl_gerbschmidt

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Duds:

McCarthy. My 13 year old knew that was against the rules to throw that red flag due to the Lions game. Just goes to show you that McCarthy has no "process" in place regarding when to throw the flag. It's apparently based on his emotion. Strange considering the stakes.

on a turnover, it is automaticaly reviewed...to determine if indeed it is a turnover, can a coach not challenge it for a different reason, in this case, a TD reception??

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts