Studs and duds Ram game

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I don't think we've played our best complete game yet either!
I'd like to think that too, but I am sure it is the same for some other teams. The key for the Packers in these final 5 games is to hopefully stay healthy and get 3 or 4 starters back playing. It would be nice to get them back on the field before the playoff starts, but I guess anything will be better than nothing.

I also kind of like when the Packers aren't the overwhelming favorites in a game, playing hungry and knowing you can play better isn't a bad combination.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Side note if my proposal is accepted I believe that brings the total number of censored words to exactly half of all words in the English language.

Well as Amish (won't use his last name, to protect his identity and my health) pointed out in another thread, "to get around that shit, just bold 1 letter", it won't get censored. :)

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd like to think that too, but I am sure it is the same for some other teams. The key for the Packers in these final 5 games is to hopefully stay healthy and get 3 or 4 starters back playing. It would be nice to get them back on the field before the playoff starts, but I guess anything will be better than nothing.

I also kind of like when the Packers aren't the overwhelming favorites in a game, playing hungry and knowing you can play better isn't a bad combination.
I think it is important for us to have the lead when the scoring starts. Playing behind a couple scores in the early stages is not good. Especially come playoffs.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I think it is important for us to have the lead when the scoring starts. Playing behind a couple scores in the early stages is not good. Especially come playoffs.
Agreed. Those games where San Fran or TB blew us out turned into games where the Packers got so far behind, the frustration on Rodgers face was obvious. His play declined and that was all she wrote. Sometimes I think his demeanor can really rub off on the rest of the team, especially the offense. Best to keep him upbeat and confident, bodes well for the whole team.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I take offense to this message. While I have no objection to moderators having final say over what is acceptable for this site I have a very strong objection to them determining who is and who is not normal. As a non moderator I take offense that while I myself am viewed as normal it implies that moderators are not normal I move to have the word normal added to the list of censored words on this site as it is extremely offensive.

Side note if my proposal is accepted I believe that brings the total number of censored words to exactly half of all words in the English language.

Thats it Ive had it with these board tyrants, I say we go and create our own Packer board and then we'll pick mods from amongst our own. They'll be unpaid and no doubt they'll deal with Packer board idiocy in an even handed and intelligent fashion. They'll never give off the appearance of arbitrary decision making, ever.

;)

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
The Packers are 9-3 and could still get back all-pro's at CB, ED, and LT, plus their starting center.

That's wild. We will see who all comes back and how they look, but there's at least a path where they're all high impact players. No other team stands to receive reinforcements like that.
And stars at CB and LT, one could argue, are the two most important positions on the field outside of QB.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And stars at CB and LT, one could argue, are the two most important positions on the field outside of QB.
Tell that to the like of Lawrence Taylor or **** Butkus or any number of players at other positions who elevated the defense from their play. Don Hutson? A lot depends on who and how good.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tell that to the like of Lawrence Taylor or **** Butkus or any number of players at other positions who elevated the defense from their play. Don Hutson? A lot depends on who and how good.
I agree with you …. to a point. However, the game has changed a lot since players like Butkus were playing. LT and CB are far more important positions than they were back then. This is a passing league now and players that can defend against that ie a shutdown CB… or players that allow the QB to have enough time in the pocket to deliver the ball i.e. a good LT are at a premium now for a reason. Your example of Lawrence Taylor is an interesting one… the league was not as pass happy as it is now… but it was definitely an important aspect of the game and he would definitely disrupt every QB he faced.. and your right he was elite and could take over a game.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jerry Rice...Ray Lewis...Reggie White...who's the next one and at what position. Don't know their personnel but it looks like New England may have a D to do it. Except QB, I just don't think you can draft or even trade based on a perceived strength of a position. More for your own perceived weaknesses. Otherwise, you are probably reaching.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I would love to read an article on how teams that are paying shutdown CB's top dollar are doing in the long term with them. Seems like the big name FA CB's get a massive payday and then often times, you don't hear a lot about them. Jalen Ramsey averages $20M/year, I didn't see how he had that big of an effect on the game Sunday. I understand the desire to have CB's like that, but seems like a ton of money that separates a Jalen Ramsey from a Raul Douglas (less than $1M). I kind of feel the same way about the OLB position. Now QB, in many cases I understand the big $$ money between elite and average.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree but don't you think it is even more important for us to have the lead when the scoring ends?
Asking for a friend.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Play of the game...arguably best play of the year so far: Adrian Amos on that 4th and like three inches play. He both diagnosed, attacked and hit all in the same millisecond to end the rush. That play was incredible.

Critique on folks thoughts a little on Rasul being a STUD - I concur, the dude deserves a stud, but how often has Kevin King had an otherwise solid game that then is completely ignored due to giving up a massive momentum swinging deep ball TD (not always in a loss mind you). I get it, King comes with higher expectations and such than Rasul and rightly so, I'm only saying if some of you are going to be borderline ignorant in your hate or criticism to King let's give equal shots at Rasul.

My personal STUDS and DUDS, I like to limit it to at most two guys on defense and two on offense for sake of creative argument:

STUDS LIST
Aaron Rodgers - the touch at times on his balls were incredible last night, even with a few misses I put on his shoulders to MVS. The ball down the sideline to Adams could not have been handed to Adams any better, and the ball over the middle LB to a crossing Cobb that somehow had the elevation touch and the zip both in the same pass just doesn't seem human. I've said it before, I will never defend Aaron Rodgers the man (I despise his smug arrogant ways) but dear freaking Lord, I could live to 100 and I don't believe I will ever see another QB with as pure a skillset passing the ball.
AJ Dillon - Adams started to say it and stopped as to not appear to say Jones isn't capable of it, but I'll say it. NO ONE initiates contact running the ball like AJ Dillon does. Even Eddie Lacy (Adams mentioned) to me didn't make sure he was the aggressor when running with the ball. There are moments nearly every game where Dillon will plant a foot and HIT a defender rather than be hit that just makes my eye's pop - and the fact at times it is a DL in the NFL he is pushing back and/or dragging is just insane. To watch him drag Aaron Donald and helpers two/three more additional yards is not something a person of Earth should be capable of. I'll bag the drum again like many of us said when drafted, his hands were never called upon but are very SOFT on the catch too...
Preston Smith and Rashan Gary - I don't think you can even begin to provide reasons how we are at 9-3 and not include these two. With an INSANELY depleted crew at OLB, these two and the damage and constant push they've provided this defense I'd argue is the primary reason this defense has seen so much success. It is why Campbell in many ways is being such a stud, Barnes is continuing to thrive most games as well. I truly believe given everything Preston is having his strongest all around season he has ever had with a G on his helmet and dear Lord what Gary has turned into is just incredible. Hyper extended elbow, with a brace and he looked like he didn't lose an ounce of strength or game because of it.

DUDS
Honestly, I don't see a specific guy as much as units or times:
Red Zone Offense - we are deadly still for sure, but we gotta figure this out more as we progress into the final stretch run after the bye.
The FG unit - it just doesn't feel natural, even on all the makes last night (which again was all but the one FG) it never looked or felt easy/fluid.
Big Plays - the two bombs just cannot happen...but is the risk we run with the depleted secondary and the style of play a few of our DBs utilize....still deserve a dud, but things happen.
Good point on Smith and Gary. They have been quietly playing at a Pro Bowl level all year. And their pressure makes the job of the back half of the D easier. I'm sure Stafford was throwing the ball a lot sooner than he wanted on some plays. That leads to incompletions, and turnovers.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's a shame that we lost Mercelius as he seemed to be getting to the QB more and more. It would have been interesting to have all three in the playoffs. We all keep hoping to see Zadarius but I feel that it is a mirage.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
I take offense to this message. While I have no objection to moderators having final say over what is acceptable for this site I have a very strong objection to them determining who is and who is not ******. As a non moderator I take offense that while I myself am viewed as ****** it implies that moderators are not ****** I move to have the word ****** added to the list of censored words on this site as it is extremely offensive.

So it is written, So it shall be done. -- Yul Brenner as Pharoah in the Ten Commandments

JK64

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's a shame that we lost Mercelius as he seemed to be getting to the QB more and more. It would have been interesting to have all three in the playoffs. We all keep hoping to see Zadarius but I feel that it is a mirage.
Yeah, we aren't getting much information on Z's status. I have read that he had back surgery. He is now back with the team which would mean he plans on returning at some point. Same with Jaire.

Reaction score
I take offense to this message. While I have no objection to moderators having final say over what is acceptable for this site I have a very strong objection to them determining who is and who is not ******. As a non moderator I take offense that while I myself am viewed as ****** it implies that moderators are not ****** I move to have the word ****** added to the list of censored words on this site as it is extremely offensive.

I can’t even mention QB Lynn Dickey without getting hosed. I feel like Doug McKenzie

Reaction score
Obviously we don’t fully know what the final outcome of those 2 stars will be. Partly because all it really takes is 1 minor injury to overlap the ongoing issue and that’s it, your finished.

However, In the grouping of Meyers, Bakhtiari, Za’darius and J’aire (4 starters)
Its my opinion that we will get 2 of that grouping somewhere over the last 5 contests (my guess is 1 will be J’aire)
It may be in limited snaps though also in an effort to protect them and get them geared up for playoffs.
I also believe another of the remaining 2 would return in post season. My guess is that guy is Za’Darius. 18-20+- weeks range is a good amount of time to heal.

Any one of those players are Studs just to get back on the field after tough injuries.

Last edited:

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Obviously we don’t fully know what the final outcome of those 2 stars will be. Partly because all it really takes is 1 minor injury to overlap the ongoing issue and that’s it, your finished.

However, In the grouping of Meyers, Bakhtiari, Za’darius and J’aire (4 starters)
Its my opinion that we will get 2 of that grouping somewhere over the last 5 contests (my guess is 1 will be J’aire)
It may be in limited snaps though also in an effort to protect them and get them geared up for playoffs.
I also believe another of the remaining 2 would return in post season. My guess is that guy is Za’Darius. 18-20+- weeks range is a good amount of time to heal.

Any one of those players are Studs just to get back on the field after tough injuries.

I mean it used to be a year plus for anyone to come back from an ACL injury and now guys are pushing what 9 months? I have to imagine that a knee injury like an ACL in an OL will likely take long given the amount of weight and force involved.

As for Zadarius I'm not even aware of the type of surgery that he had performed, does anyone know?

Members online

Latest posts