Studs and duds Ram game

D

Deleted member 6794

Dud

RED ZONE OFFENSE. Figure it out.

The Packers have struggled in the red zone for most of the season but they scored 27 points on five trips against the Rams. That's actually pretty decent.

I think there are times you go for it with a lead too. Up by 1/5/8/15 points after scoring a TD and under 7 minutes left, go for it.

I would prefer a team being up by eight points to kick the extra point to make it a two score game.

I would love to read an article on how teams that are paying shutdown CB's top dollar are doing in the long term with them. Seems like the big name FA CB's get a massive payday and then often times, you don't hear a lot about them. Jalen Ramsey averages $20M/year, I didn't see how he had that big of an effect on the game Sunday. I understand the desire to have CB's like that, but seems like a ton of money that separates a Jalen Ramsey from a Raul Douglas (less than $1M). I kind of feel the same way about the OLB position. Now QB, in many cases I understand the big $$ money between elite and average.

Douglas has been a great signing by Gutekunst but mostly cornerbacks on the cheap don't perform at that level. You might have a different opinion once comparing Ramsey to Sullivan, Jean-Charles or Yiadom.

Arod2gjdd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers have struggled in the red zone for most of the season but they scored 27 points on five trips against the Rams. That's actually pretty decent.

Not good enough for a team with AR at QB that went like 80% last year and aspires to win the Super Bowl. Decent won't get it done in the playoffs.

D

Deleted member 6794

Not good enough for a team with AR at QB that went like 80% last year and aspires to win the Super Bowl. Decent won't get it done in the playoffs.

As I have mentioned on several occasions the offensive line missing a lot of key players is most likely the main reason for the offense struggling in the red zone this season. They looked improved vs. the Rams in that area though.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts