Studs and Duds: Packers vs. Vikings

sjb12681

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs: The guy who kept all the training carts charged

Duds: See everyone who was not in charge of keeping the training carts charged today.

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
Studs: Adams looked good. Clark, too.

Duds: our D is mentally not prepared. Poor tackling all over. I put his on the players a bit and the coaches a lot.

Another drop by Bennett.

Biggest dud is McCarthy. For a guy who likes to throw the red flag a lot, he missed a phenom opportunity and had plenty of time to look it over. Also, his play call was poor when Hundley went in. I did not see a single short pass to Cobb on a slant until a few minutes left in the game. Poor Hundley was put in Mike's favorite deep drops with no O line and a massive Minny rush. McCarthy, IMO, lost this game more than anyone.

I think a Hundley will be good and won't be the reason the Pack lose. It will be our D.

gonzozab

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs: none

Duds: The football gods. And Martellus Bennett again. He will go down as Teddy's worst free agent signing. There's a reason he's on his fifth team in ten years.

Last edited:
OP
OP
sjb12681

sjb12681

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Biggest dud is McCarthy. For a guy who likes to throw the red flag a lot, he missed a phenom opportunity and had plenty of time to look it over.

Im not taking up for MM here, but there was no challenges left on the ball that bounced and was not challenged. He challenged and won the first one in 1Q, and challenged and lost another in the 2nd (which should have been won on the catch where the WR fell out of bounds on his shoulder with no foot touch). Since he didnt win both, he lost any challenge abilities rest of game.

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Duds: our D is mentally not prepared. Poor tackling all over. I put his on the players a bit and the coaches a lot.

Another drop by Bennett.

Biggest dud is McCarthy. For a guy who likes to throw the red flag a lot, he missed a phenom opportunity and had plenty of time to look it over. Also, his play call was poor when Hundley went in. I did not see a single short pass to Cobb on a slant until a few minutes left in the game. Poor Hundley was put in Mike's favorite deep drops with no O line and a massive Minny rush. McCarthy, IMO, lost this game more than anyone.

I think a Hundley will be good and won't be the reason the Pack lose. It will be our D.

Thanks for pointing this out with the playcalling as well...

I don't understand why he has Hundley drop back for deep throws when you have Adams/Nelson/Cobb healthy...

It should have been short to intermediate quick throws ALL DAY.. and Hundley was hitting those

WTF was up with all those deep throws behind a PATHETIC Oline?

Carl 2

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Another drop by Bennett.

Thanks for pointing this out with the playcalling as well...

I don't understand why he has Hundley drop back for deep throws when you have Adams/Nelson/Cobb healthy...

It should have been short to intermediate quick throws ALL DAY.. and Hundley was hitting those

WTF was up with all those deep throws behind a PATHETIC Oline?

Receivers also have to get open quick in order for short throws to be made, which wasn't happening.

If there's a team and head coach that would be successful against the Minnesota defense under the same circumstances, I'd like to see it.

Back up QB with 2/5s of the offensive line. A guard, literally their 6th option at left tackle, was matched up against Griffen.

It showed. The Vikings front dominated ours.

Vince Lombardi and Bill Belichick could have been on our sideline and it wouldn't have made much difference. There is very little that can be done when the defensive front seven dominates the offensive line.

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Receivers also have to get open quick in order for short throws to be made, which wasn't happening.

If there's a team and head coach that would be successful against the Minnesota defense under the same circumstances, I'd like to see it.

Back up QB with 2/5s of the offensive line. A guard, literally their 6th option at left tackle, was matched up against Griffen.

It showed. The Vikings front dominated ours.

Vince Lombardi and Bill Belichick could have been on our sideline and it wouldn't have made much difference. There is very little that can be done when the defensive front seven dominates the offensive line.

Cobb was open on many short throws...

Hundley made some nice throws on those short, intermediate sideline passes... why wasn't there more of that???

Carl 2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Duds:
-Rodgers and o line injuries most obvious duds.
-Hundley and the offense weren't able to do much at all.

Studs:
- Blake Martinez continues to impress.
- Kenny Clark is very good in the middle and forced the fumble.

Defense played okay. They set up all of our points with turnovers and were given a short field multiple times.

dbain21

Chicagoland Packer Fan
Reaction score

Another drop by Bennett.

This pretty much sums up my feelings. We're going to win 1-3 more games because of injuries, and our defense being awful. Not Hundley being a terrible QB. Rodgers masks most of the flaws we have in coaching and personnel . That's not completely the fault of the players either. It's like an employee at a job who does so many things well that the other employees, who may have some really good qualities, seem inept at their jobs when the star employee has an off day, or is gone for good.

And by the way, I know i'm stating the obvious with that employee analogy. Just sucks when that issue rears its ugly head.

Carl 2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cobb was open on many short throws...

Hundley made some nice throws on those short, intermediate sideline passes... why wasn't there more of that???

I didn't see Cobb open consistently.

If Cobb was open short often and Hundley didn't throw it, that's on Hundley though.

Hundley did not play well at all.

Those late short throws working probably a result of the Vikings switching to prevent defense on the last drive too.

Last edited:

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
Studs: Traveling Packer fans
Huntley(hey with this O’line at least. He survived)
Jordy, Adams
D-line gets a 1/2 stud

Duds: This is almost to easy, Mike McCarthy I said it before it’s your offense injuries or not I knew it was a matter of time that Arod would get a nasty hit to knock him not only out of the game but season ending hit because he knew his O’line was much and his refusal to even put someone like Ripkowski in the back field to try to pass protect,this loss is on you Mike...
TT getting another veteran QB is a waste of time and money if you don’t get veterans to protect him
D-backs all I want for Christmas is for you guys to tackle
Refs hate to put them in here but! Missed no callls? Incomplete passes?

Carl 2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs: Traveling Packer fans
Huntley(hey with this O’line at least. He survived)
Jordy, Adams
D-line gets a 1/2 stud

Duds: This is almost to easy, Mike McCarthy I said it before it’s your offense injuries or not I knew it was a matter of time that Arod would get a nasty hit to knock him not only out of the game but season ending hit because he knew his O’line was much and his refusal to even put someone like Ripkowski in the back field to try to pass protect,this loss is on you Mike...
TT getting another veteran QB is a waste of time and money if you don’t get veterans to protect him
D-backs all I want for Christmas is for you guys to tackle
Refs hate to put them in here but! Missed no callls? Incomplete passes?

Bennett chipped at the line on that play so there was some extra protection.

Rodgers was pressured, but escaped cleanly. Barr came on a late blitz after Rodgers rolled out.

It was more of a good play by Barr than poor o line play.

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
Studs Martinez

Duds

Martellus "Paddlehands" Bennett continues to be a big TT blunder. Sure he can block from time to time but when its called upon him to catch a ball hes a dud. I miss Jared Cook as he can make catches and extend drives.

Last edited:

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Another drop by Bennett.

Lol!! Our defense is the reason Rodgers has lost!! And he can get you 30 on any given Sunday!! They definitely ain't gonna help Hundley who might get you what? 14 points a game? Because MM sure as heck didn't help him with some of his play calling. Not to mention the fact that the idiot Capers is still running the defense!!

Dud:Rodgers collarbone because the season is lost. No way am I trusting Capers and the defense or anyone else to bail the offense out.

PFanCan

Reaction score
Lol!! Our defense is the reason Rodgers has lost!! And he can get you 30 on any given Sunday!! They definitely ain't gonna help Hundley who might get you what? 14 points a game? Because MM sure as heck didn't help him with some of his play calling. Not to mention the fact that the idiot Capers is still running the defense!!

Dud:Rodgers collarbone because the season is lost. No way am I trusting Capers and the defense or anyone else to bail the offense out.
I have no idea what your point is.

PFanCan

Reaction score
Im not taking up for MM here, but there was no challenges left on the ball that bounced and was not challenged. He challenged and won the first one in 1Q, and challenged and lost another in the 2nd (which should have been won on the catch where the WR fell out of bounds on his shoulder with no foot touch). Since he didnt win both, he lost any challenge abilities rest of game.

Ah, I forgot he had already challenged twice, losing one of them...

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
Can some tell me I have always have been a curious arm chair coach I am sure with 55” tv the replays on questionable calls I am sure they the booth coaching staff probably has a number of observers viewing the same footage why does it take so long to decide to challenge or not to challenge someone(s) has got to see what millions see but it seems like McCarthy takes forever to challenge even when he sees a cause to challenge, just wanted to know please..

Carl 2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ah, I forgot he had already challenged twice, losing one of them...

The biggest dud to me on that "catch" was the fact it was ruled complete in the first place.

How does the official behind the play looking directly at it call it a catch? It wasn't even close.

I get when little calls are missed. This game is fast, but that was terrible.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bennett chipped at the line on that play so there was some extra protection.

Rodgers was pressured, but escaped cleanly. Barr came on a late blitz after Rodgers rolled out.

It was more of a good play by Barr than poor o line play.
Frankly if Rodgers hadn't been injured we would all be talking about Bennet's butter finger drop.

PFanCan

Reaction score
The biggest dud to me on that "catch" was the fact it was ruled complete in the first place.

How does the official behind the play looking directly at it call it a catch? It wasn't even close.

I get when little calls are missed. This game is fast, but that was terrible.

Yeah, especially when one can see the Packer guy pointing it out immediately to one of the officials standing right there with the same perspective. Oh, well...

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Duds: Aaron's collar bone

Studs: Martinez and Clark.

Semi stud Hundley. Played well for limited practice, an injured OL, and marginal play calling.

Semi dud: Hawkins. For not tackling a WR who caught the ball. Actually dramatically taking his hands off the WR to contest any possible pass interference calls. Tackle the guy, it doesn't matter if there is a penalty. He caught the damn ball!

Last edited:

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs: Blake Martinez, Kenny Clark
Duds: O-Line, Marty Bennett

Hundley can't stay fit unless we get our O-Line starters back or he starts scrambling out of pocket. It was a car cash watching the pocket crumble nearly immediately after the snap.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

Another drop by Bennett.

Mm couldn't challenge that bad pass in 3rd

gonzozab

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Mm couldn't challenge that bad pass in 3rd
I can't figure out why people haven't figured this out yet? Breneman went on and on about why MM didn't challenge that when he didn't have a challenge left. He even said they had a third challenge available. Don't trust what the announcers are saying. And people think Buck is bad.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah, especially when one can see the Packer guy pointing it out immediately to one of the officials standing right there with the same perspective. Oh, well...
No challenge available to red flag it..

Duds is ref on that one

Members online