Studs and Duds: Packers vs. Lions

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs:

Nick Collins - did a good job in coverage. made some plays which helped the D

AJ Hawk - good job in coverage when called upon

Desmond Bishop - did a nice job in contain and was and is the real deal in the middle

Tramon Williams - every week is the man on the team.

Duds:

Mike McCarthy - you need to be reprimanded. This play calling "Scheme" was absolutely PATHETIC. examples are 4th and 1 to the end zone. running off tackle when your tackles cant block is another following a time out with 1:29 left. Go play action on that or screen. May need to find work at the end of this season if they dont somehow make the playoffs. Not running Starks on a regular basis. Brandon Jackson should only be in on 3rd down situations. the rotation should have been Starks and Nance

Chad Clifton - wow what a performance. Getting burned consistently

Brian Bulaga - growing pains for him but man he misses more than he hits. When you are as big as this guy, stop finesse blocking and stone somebody.

Greg Jennings - kind of a mini dud but needs to make that catch when hit in the hands.

Andrew Quarless - fumbled the ball too much again a mini dud but turned it over

Matt Flynn - looked lost, doesnt seem to play with any confidence. the pick in the end zone was easily avoided by waiting half a second for jennings to be open over the top. and the busted play where all he had to do was take one step straight forward cost the team. most of it is on mccarthy and his lack of crafty playcalling.

Aaron Rodgers - ever heard of a slide? boneheaded mental errors, but mini dud as I know in my gut packers win with him on the field in the 2nd half.

Overall, it could be lights out. You have to PRAY on what if's if they don't win out. Lose to NE next week and its all over but the shooting. This is all on our head coach not preparing for Detriot. The offense was lost, period. Didn't see this coming at all. The Lions had scabs on the DL on the outside and they beat our tackles. Don't know what else to say. I'm astonished at this head coach and his stupidity at times in must win situations. Dom Capers is the stud of the week, as giving up 7 points IS GOOD ENOUGH TO WIN regardless of the QB situation on the offensive side. That said, the offense was horrendous. NO Ifs, ands, or buts.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
A loss to a surging Patriots team....very likely. Especially if Rodgers is not cleared to play. It might be all over but the moaning and playing out the season and waiting for next year.

The theme of the 2010 Packers, too many injuries to overcome.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A loss to a surging Patriots team....very likely. Especially if Rodgers is not cleared to play. It might be all over but the moaning and playing out the season and waiting for next year.

The theme of the 2010 Packers, too many injuries to overcome.

Rodgers plays and I would put $ on the pack. He knows whats riding and knows this loss has alot to do with him.

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
Rodgers plays and I would put $ on the pack. He knows whats riding and knows this loss has alot to do with him.
Only problem with this is that I really don't think he plays well when he thinks he has to carry the team like that.

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
well see.

I think from a medical standpoint he should be good to go.
I agree, it sounds like the concussion wasn't that bad.

With this Bears pummeling that's going on right now, we're certainly going to need him to play his best next week. The best thing working in our favor is that NE's young defense doesn't have any stellar pass rushers. No Suh or Peppers to rush Rodgers. Hopefully he has enough time to play it cool and stay in the game.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree, it sounds like the concussion wasn't that bad.

With this Bears pummeling that's going on right now, we're certainly going to need him to play his best next week. The best thing working in our favor is that NE's young defense doesn't have any stellar pass rushers. No Suh or Peppers to rush Rodgers. Hopefully he has enough time to play it cool and stay in the game.

ditch the run game, use the play action some, and throw throw throw. 5 wide for most of the game please. stretch the D.

I really miss Finley. Wish we could have kept a spot for him and not put him on the IR, maybe he would have been ready for the bears game.

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
ditch the run game, use the play action some, and throw throw throw. 5 wide for most of the game please. stretch the D.

I really miss Finley. Wish we could have kept a spot for him and not put him on the IR, maybe he would have been ready for the bears game.
Me too, a big problem is the fact that for the most part, our receivers can be covered, unless we throw all of them out there. With Finley, the matchup is so good in our favor, defenses have fits and Rodgers has fun.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
only nice thing I can say is where was megatron? thats rare that he isnt killing a team. If you told me megatron would have 1 reception and the lions would only score 7 points I would have guessed blow out.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
NE is crushing the bears, in their house. I'm not looking forward to going up to NE to play em, especially after they crushed the jets last week 45-3.

I know I'm negative, but that's how I feel right now after watching that nightmare.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NE is crushing the bears, in their house. I'm not looking forward to going up to NE to play em, especially after they crushed the jets last week 45-3.

I know I'm negative, but that's how I feel right now after watching that nightmare.

2 big games in a row for the pats, 2 big wins. They wont see clay coming :)

OP
OP
lambeaulambo

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
the prediction for next game at NE is probably about 14-17 points down. if the pack is playing possum, which I dont think is the case, its more like 21 points. If we pressure Brady, the packers have a CHANCE - they just lost to the lions...enough said.

Members online

Latest posts