Studs and Duds: Packers vs. Jets

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs: Tramon Williams - got burned once but continues to frustrate qb's with blanket like coverage. Not sure he hasnt eclipsed Al Harris for that starting spot. He's been a shut down presence.

Howard Green(?)- came in and did a really great job of stuffing the middle! Looks like a keeper!

Desmond Bishop - never take him out of the middle! he's becoming a force and his alertness is vastly improving.

Woodson, Collins, and Peprah - this unit is starting to gel.

Crosby - did his job as he is expected to do - nailed some tricky wind fg's.

Greg Jennings - really made a couple nice catches and kept the pack going somewhat

Duds: The entire offensive unit. So much for our highly touted offense. couple of positives were that we did capitalize and move the ball somewhat on a stingy D, but 3 field goals? They can do better dont understand what the problems are with run blocking. This needs vast improvement.

Overall I was totally shocked! They took it to supposedly the best team in the AFC and played with a chip on their shoulders! This win is the defense's win. Unbelievable! Dom Capers called a great game plan. I just had a hard time believing what the packers offense cannot do. Is this the new look packer D? Makes me optimistic about THIS YEAR. The run game has GOT to improve. Not being a sour **** about the win though not at all! I was very skeptical about this game and the pack played with GRIT. Hopefully this is the spring they needed to get rolling - bring on the cowboys.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
oh williams has for sure eclipsed Harris.

Can Jennings and Rodgers ever become consistent? Driving me crazy.

Reaction score
Studs: Tramon Williams - got burned once but continues to frustrate qb's with blanket like coverage. Not sure he hasnt eclipsed Al Harris for that starting spot. He's been a shut down presence.

Howard Green(?)- came in and did a really great job of stuffing the middle! Looks like a keeper!

Desmond Bishop - never take him out of the middle! he's becoming a force and his alertness is vastly improving.

Woodson, Collins, and Peprah - this unit is starting to gel.

Crosby - did his job as he is expected to do - nailed some tricky wind fg's.

Greg Jennings - really made a couple nice catches and kept the pack going somewhat

Duds: The entire offensive unit. So much for our highly touted offense. couple of positives were that we did capitalize and move the ball somewhat on a stingy D, but 3 field goals? They can do better dont understand what the problems are with run blocking. This needs vast improvement.

Overall I was totally shocked! They took it to supposedly the best team in the AFC and played with a chip on their shoulders! This win is the defense's win. Unbelievable! Dom Capers called a great game plan. I just had a hard time believing what the packers offense cannot do. Is this the new look packer D? Makes me optimistic about THIS YEAR. The run game has GOT to improve. Not being a sour **** about the win though not at all! I was very skeptical about this game and the pack played with GRIT. Hopefully this is the spring they needed to get rolling - bring on the cowboys.

Ill give u a different stud/ duds.

Studs: Defense and Special Teams
Duds: Offense

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the Ol played another very good game. It was all on the skill players and Rodgers.

The D was out of their minds! Tramon Williams is the best corner in the league right now NAAH OHN DENIES THIS!!!

Tramon Williams for MVP
runner for MVP Charlie Peprah and TIM MASTHAY (had a monstruous game, not only punting, but holding hte ball)

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers shutout Jets 9-0, move to 5-3 and atop the division | Packers Insider

Props to Desmond Bishop.
Props to the whole DL, Hawk, Matthews, Peprah, Collins, and both CBs who came away with huge, and strange interceptions.

How often do we see a WR and CB come away with near-simultaneous possession? And both get credited with the int?
I've seen similar plays where the zebra's award those to the offense.

I wasn't happy with Mason Crosby when he shanked the key second field goal.

I was pissed, PISSED, at my boy James Jones when he dropped the perfectly thrown bomb along the right sideline early in the 4th quarter. Tight games like this, you have to make that ***** catch.

The offensive line is not to blame for this putrid offense today. They did their job well, and they pass-protected very well against a Rex Ryan defense.

I am a Mike McCarthy fan, but I thought his offensive playcalling was crappy today and we won despite that.

Meanwhile, the Vikings are totally controlling this 7-7 game right now at New England, and are at the Patriots 13 right now and about to take the lead.

We don't need that. New England needs to get some offense.

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
Duds: every single one of our WR's. Even Jennings misread a few.

I really hate to complain after a win, especially a huge one as this, but our offense just looked SLOW. Nothing got going. The only effort I saw out there when we had the ball was by the O-line (only in pass protection though) and BJax.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers shutout Jets 9-0, move to 5-3 and atop the division | Packers Insider

Props to Desmond Bishop.
Props to the whole DL, Hawk, Matthews, Peprah, Collins, and both CBs who came away with huge, and strange interceptions.

How often do we see a WR and CB come away with near-simultaneous possession? And both get credited with the int?
I've seen similar plays where the zebra's award those to the offense.

I wasn't happy with Mason Crosby when he shanked the key second field goal.

I was pissed, PISSED, at my boy James Jones when he dropped the perfectly thrown bomb along the right sideline early in the 4th quarter. Tight games like this, you have to make that ***** catch.

The offensive line is not to blame for this putrid offense today. They did their job well, and they pass-protected very well against a Rex Ryan defense.

I am a Mike McCarthy fan, but I thought his offensive playcalling was crappy today and we won despite that.

Meanwhile, the Vikings are totally controlling this 7-7 game right now at New England, and are at the Patriots 13 right now and about to take the lead.

We don't need that. New England needs to get some offense.
That was Rodgers ONLY big play this game. And it was beautiful. And the mf dropped it...

BTW, 21-10 NE!!!!! Let's gah yah Fackin facks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Go Greatriots!!!!!!! Let's gah New England Red Sahx!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jakeslaughter25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Matthews gets props for a HUGE sack in the 4th

Doesnt get much better than that. He was alllmost beating woody every play just get an inch or two the wrong way... To finally come up with the money shot when it mattered most. DPoY if he keeps this up.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Jones had like 5 dropped passes in this game. GET IN YO HEAD IN THE GAME JAMES!!!!!

"Our 3rd and 4rd stringers would start on other teams!" Yeah, right.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
I really want to say James Jones is the only dud here. Sure our offense wasn't doing too hot, but the Jets defense is nothing to shrug at. At the half when the score was 3-0 I figured the game was going to end that way. I want to say only once did Sanchez get a pass thrown into their end zone. that is some great D.

Rodger's Title Belt

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll admit coming into this game that I was scared for Rodger's welfare. I just knew that our O-Line would fold against the Jet's D. However, I was pleasantly surprised to see Rodger's went untouched for the majority of the game.

Members online

Latest posts