1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

Studs and Duds: Lions game

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by ivo610, Dec 9, 2012.

1. HyponGrey

HyponGrey Caseus Locutus Est

Ratings:
    +1,030
    Add Brad Jones as a jack and we're good

2. Chicocheese

Chicocheese Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +209
    In two words:

Barclay Rodgers.

3. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,116
    I think he was cut today actually

4. Oshkoshpackfan

Oshkoshpackfan YUT !!!

Ratings:
    +1,453
    Do you only focus on the ball carrier during a kick off or punt return? Most people do. Try watching some older tape and look for him, he pure flattens guy out. Not to mention, he has played in pre-season games before, plenty, and even if it is pre-season, he still played hard.

good ahead and youtube him, just his name, nothing else. His vid against the chiefs is decent. Look for the other one, he has a sack and a half, INT for TD, and plenty of good tackles.

5. Oshkoshpackfan

Oshkoshpackfan YUT !!!

Ratings:
    +1,453
    I read he was put on IR

6. rodell330

rodell330 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,013
    Either way we need sombody to help Matthews out. Perry i still young but i don't think he's the guy, i think that we need to take a hard look at that other OLB spot.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,983
    I have seen him LIVE I know how good he appeared a while back...in PRESEASON

So dont have to youtube him...I knew he was cut and injured and re-signed and wasnt on the team until last 2 weeks...He just can't do it when it counts

8. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +2,983
  9. Oshkoshpackfan

Oshkoshpackfan YUT !!!

Ratings:
    +1,453
    ^ yeah, just pulled up the milwaukee journal website, it said he was put out on waivers. To bad. Someone will get a decent pick up.

10. adambr2

adambr2 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,433
    Nobody picked him up, he cleared waivers and was signed back to the practice squad.

I have no reason to think So'oto is anything. We can name dozens of players who have been preseason heroes.
    If the coaches thought he was anything, he would have certainly gotten some snaps on defense with Matthews out for all this time.

11. slaughter25

slaughter25 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +211
    We never got close to Stafford, no denying that. But what we did do is cover the hell out of their WRs and TE. One of the best WRs to ever play the game was held down very well until some garbage time yards got him up over 100. The thing Dom Capers is doing with his half a defense ( No Clay, No Woodson, Brad Jones at MLB, whatever nobody we throw opposite of clay due to losing another 1st round pick to serious injury) is not allowing the big play. I don't know the exact stats but, I guarantee we have given up far far far fewer pass plays of 20+ yds this year than last and I think part of that is due to us having to personnel to sit back in coverage, play a lot of nickle, and not let anyone behind the D. Sometimes when one thing isn't working (getting to the QB) it is best to put all your effort towards the next best thing (Excellent Coverage) and hope the results are in your favor. Expect Capers to really dial up the schemes and packages come this weekend and on when we have a closer to full compliment of playmakers for him to move around and put in positions to make big plays.

12. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +2,983
    Your boy Vic was just signed to Washington's roster..Guess they you tube'd him?

13. Oshkoshpackfan

Oshkoshpackfan YUT !!!

Ratings:
    +1,453
    ^ they must have indeed

14. Poppa San

Poppa San SB I trophy First of four Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,044
    They couldn't have gotten him for his ability. They just picked him up now in case they play us in the playoffs. Get an inside on the defensive signals and alignments.

15. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +2,983
    He never saw the field to know our plays LOL