Studs and Duds Lion game

Packerlifer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Aaron Rodgers locked down his second career league MVP award. Lacy is Beast Mode Midwest. Starks and Kuhn had some nice rushing work today, too.Nelson and Cobb A-plus as usual. Richard Rodgers showed up rather big several times.

But don't say "special" when you talk about Packers ST's. The "S" can stand for anything but. Well, I guess we could say Micah Hyde's punt return for first td was special. But not getting yet another field goal blocked, losing an onside free kick after a safety or making us think for a moment that we should have kept Jeremy Ross.

Last edited:

DarkHelmet

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs:
Rodgers. Played hurt and had a phenomenal QB rating.
Cobb. Great, gutsy play.
Hyde. Punt return for a TD ended up being huge.
Nelson.
R. Rodgers.
Lacy.
O-line.
Matthews.
Peppers.
Defensive backfield for keeping Johnson pretty well in check.

Duds:
Brad Jones. Stupid penalty and whiffed on the Lions last TD.
FG blocking. Allowing another blocked kick - unacceptable.

Thugs: Suh. Hope he gets fined for stepping on Aaron. You know it was intentional.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers, Lacy, Cobb, and Jordy studs. Offensive line big stud. If we can run on them, we can run on Seattle.

Defense, overall a stud. 20 points,safety, stops on 4th down, is solid with shout outs to Clay, Daniels, and Datone. I like to focus on Datone often to see how he's doing, and he played well other than just the safety.

Special teams had two really bad plays and one really good one so a dud. Cobb, if you call a fair catch, you have to come up and actually catch it.

Overall, good job Packers! One home game away from the NFC title game.

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs-
Rodgers
Rodgers
MM
DC
Cobb
Nelson
Lacy
Burnett
Matthews
Peppers
Daniels
Hyde
Starks
The Oline

Duds-
Brad Jones
Suh

Packer Fan in SD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Can I "Dud" a good portion of the chatbox that threw in the towel on the season the second Rodgers went out of the game? Completely ridiculous.

To me, there are a lot of non Packer fans here. I still come here because there are some Packer fans, but OMG, how many fake fans frequent this forum?

Packerlifer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Matt Stafford was a stud for the Packers and a dud for his own team. I don't have the count on how many throws he missed but it saved the Packer defense's butt more than a few times. He had 21 incompetions, one more than completions, and threw only 3 more passes than Rodgers even with ARod out for the beginning of the second half.

Jdeed

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Only one guy on the field for either team played good enough to be called a Stud and that was Aaron Rodgers.

As far as Duds??

The Entire Lions team showed why they are not ready to face good teams in the playoffs.

They need to go back home and work harder and get better.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Only one guy on the field for either team played good enough to be called a Stud and that was Aaron Rodgers.

As far as Duds??

The Entire Lions team showed why they are not ready to face good teams in the playoffs.

They need to go back home and work harder and get better.

The Packers ran for more yards on the Lions in the first half than the Lions usually give up in a whole game. Also, Rodgers couldn't run at all, but still was hardly touched. Give some credit when it is due.

azrsx05

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs: Rodgers, entire offense. Run stop Defense

Duds: Brad Jones, Sam Shields, special teams

PackerFanLV

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Suds: Hayward balled out, O-line balled out only 1 sack and that was on Flynn, Aaron Rodgers and Eddie the BULL lacy
Duds: Special Teams, brad jones and Aj hawk

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Can I "Dud" a good portion of the chatbox that threw in the towel on the season the second Rodgers went out of the game? Completely ridiculous.

I've posted this before in the chat box but I will post one more time in on thread since it has come up. This below is the chat box during game time and I am not exaggerating. I don't think some people understand what it is to be a Green Bay Packer fan. For me it was easy as I grew up in Green Bay but some of the peeps in the Chat box make me wonder and this is not to say that you have to grow up in Green Bay to be a Green Bay Packer fan.

I don't think being critical of players or coaches decisions or having concerns is a problem but to constantly have this "negative vibe" and attitude like our team and organization is bunch of losers is just ridiculous. All of this while they build a team like the Seattle Seahawks to be a "100 foot tall monster". It makes me wonder if they are really Packer fans to the core or just undercover Seahawk fans in there little "Neon Green Russell Wilson Jersey's". It's baffling to me that a team contending for a Super Bowl championship can have so much negativity.

This is probably the best way I can describe the chat box below during game time in a friendly way. My recommendation is to limit time in chat box as much as possible during game because if your ignored everyone I don't know how many people would be left.

Game Day Chatbox
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Studs: "MVP Aaron Rodgers" and the whole offense. The defense and the secondary for holding Megatron and Tate in check. Shout out to Sammie Shields.

Duds: Shaky special teams play other then Hyde TD.
Brad Jones, this guy really scares me going forward as he just seems to have a way of letting teams stay on the field.

Dagger85

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs:
Rodgers. I felt like I was watching a movie. The star goes down and gets carted off the field, the Lions begin catching up, suddenly the QB emerges from the tunnel, grabs his helmet and wins a championship and possibly MVP. That was amazing.

Rest of the team played well except for a penalty here and a fumble there. But I'll end it there. Rodgers in that game will be a story we tell forever.

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs: "MVP Aaron Rodgers" and the whole offense. The defense and the secondary for holding Megatron and Tate in check. Shout out to Sammie Shields.

Duds: Shaky special teams play other then Hyde TD.
Brad Jones, this guy really scares me going forward as he just seems to have a way of letting teams stay on the field.

I'd be curious to see how many first downs via penalties Brad Jones has given up this year versus the rest of the team combined.

H

HardRightEdge

Please note he did not throw a ball more than 15 yards down field. His longest throw was the er 20 yards and none over 25.

I've been waiting years to see McCarthy bring some West Coast back into the offense when the situation dictated. I'd resigned myself to seeing Rodgers throw short to set up the deep ball game after game.

With the 6 in the box and 2 high safeties all day from Tampa and Detroit, the Packers worked the run, WR slants under the safeties, and today working Rodgers into the ball-moving mix with three short throws isolated on LB/safeties.

Bravo!

Studs:

- Offensive game plan

- I'd like to give a shout out to Peppers for those consecutive tipped balls on 3rd. and 4th. down to kill the Detroit drive with 7 minutes on the clock to effectively ice the game.

Duds:

- The sketchy tackling started working its way back in again.

- Special Teams: 2 bad punts, another blocked place kick (poor blocking, but that low and left kick wasn't going to make it anyway), the on-side free kick. Hyde redeems somewhat.

Last edited by a moderator:
H

HardRightEdge

If we can run on them, we can run on Seattle.
The Packers ran well against 6 in the box against Buffalo, Tampa and Detroit. The problem against Buffalo was the run was not used enough. So, yeah, that should be repeatable in the NFC Championship game, provided McCarthy sticks with it.

Members online

Latest posts