Cobb
Crosby
Peppers
Lacy
Starks
Quarless( Despite the penalties)
Daniels
R. Rodgers

Duds- I hate to make anyone a dud after this game but....
Nelson- Maybe not fair on my part, but he didn't do much. Dropped a pass too.
Matthews- Could be that I wasn't paying enough attention to what he was doing, but didn't seem to have a great game.
Masthay- Punts haven't been great recently.
The play call on the two point conversion

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
Studs

Rodgers,Lacy, R Rodgers,Adams,Cobb,Starks,Quarless,Daniels,Crosby,Peppers.

Duds

Brad Jones,Mathews

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Overall stud to the defense. Had some rough moments, especially most of the first half, but got it done when it mattered and gave up 21 total.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs:

Peppers - Had his best game as a Packer. Keep dialing it up!
Cobb - Clutch! Yeah, he fumbled, but he made up for it
Dante Adams - What a great pick by TT. This guy is going to have an amazing career!
Rodgers - Started poorly, but was in a groove by the end and was carving up that Dallas defense very well by the end of the game.
Barrington/Gunion - not superstars, but they both turned their game up a notch. We will need that next week.

Dud
Jones. Why is he on the field?

dbain21

Chicagoland Packer Fan
Reaction score
Studs:

Peppers - Had his best game as a Packer. Keep dialing it up!
Cobb - Clutch! Yeah, he fumbled, but he made up for it
Dante Adams - What a great pick by TT. This guy is going to have an amazing career!
Rodgers - Started poorly, but was in a groove by the end and was carving up that Dallas defense very well by the end of the game.
Barrington/Gunion - not superstars, but they both turned their game up a notch. We will need that next week.

Dud
Jones. Why is he on the field?

I mean seriously. If we don't have a better option at this point its just sad. He isn't athletically gifted OR a smart player.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We had a couple really crucial mental mistakes by the offensive line today, and neither had anything to do with blocking. The Lang penalty was a killer and obviously the Linsley snap.

Jordy was invisible today, but that's probably what allowed Adams to break out.

Relish this day, I'm 32 and this is one of the true classic Packer playoff games that I've seen in my life. There are so many plays you could look at and say "THAT was the play of the game" -- the Murray fumble, the Adams TD catch on 3rd and 15, the Dez no-catch on 4th down, the dagger diving catch by Cobb on the tipped pass on 3rd and 11.

When there are that many plays you can look at and call the play of the game, you know you've seen a true classic. No coincidence it was the same score as the Packer/Patriot game.

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Stud for the offensive line except the penalty by Lang!
That penalty was B.S. It was a legitimate block. If defenders can continue to try to tackle the ball carrier for 5 seconds after the whistle, then blocks shouldn't get a penalty either.

Packerlifer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
http://espn.go.com/blog/green-bay-packers/post/_/id/17448/rapid-reaction-green-bay-packers-31

It might not have to have been so close. Brad Jones' holding penalty on 3rd and 4 gave Dallas a drive extending penalty gain on their first td score. At the time the Pack was up 7-0.

The confusion on the time out call, snap and fumble loss on the Dallas 26 killed a probable Green Bay scoring possession. They could have gone up 10-0 or 14-0 at that point. Instead the Cowboys took it the other way; assisted by some bad tackling by the Packer defense.

Fortunately the Packers won.

Last edited:

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For studs how bout that Datone Jones!

Kind of an odd collection of plays from him between a blocked kick, a recovered fumble and then him cutting off the edge for Tony Romo and notching half a sack.

Dagger85

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs:
A. Rodgers (ESPECIALLY in the 2nd half where I think he realized what he could and couldn't do, which will hopefully benefit us next week)

R. Rodgers (Way to come through with a huge TD)

Adams (This guy is my player of the game. He really came through for us today)

Cobb (Several great catches and a fantastic catch to seal the game)

Peppers (It appeared Murray was going to the house. If Peppers doesn't strip the ball, I'm not sure we are talking about next week's NFC Championship Game)

Lacy & Starks (Really took pressure off of Rodgers in several instances)

Duds:

I don't like to do duds, because if you move into the NFC Championship game, you have a great team. I know a lot of people are putting Brad Jones on the list, and he had some bad plays this game, but correct me if I am wrong, but didn't he recover the Murray fumble? So, I'll just thank him for that.

H

HardRightEdge

I won't repeat the obvious except to echo the sentiments above regarding Brad Jones; a guy on the field as little as he is should not get called for holding twice.

The front 7 made a good collective effort; Peppers had a terrific first half and the forced fumble in the 3rd. quarter.

It was a tough day at the office for Tramon Williams. His first PI put the ball on the 1 yard line setting up Dallas' first score. He took a bad angle and blew the tackle on Terrance Williams that let a short gainer go for a long score. His second PI turned a 2nd. & 10 into a first down and 16 yards of field position; fortunately Peppers forced the fumble on the next play.

H

HardRightEdge

I know a lot of people are putting Brad Jones on the list, and he had some bad plays this game, but correct me if I am wrong, but didn't he recover the Murray fumble? So, I'll just thank him for that.
Datone Jones was given credit for the recovery.

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This OL we have is young and special. I hope we can keep them all locked up long term.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Many of you may disagree, but the Packers' run defense was pretty close to being a Dud. Pepper's strip of Murray saved a TD, and Murray ran wild in the 4th quarter. Run defense pretty much fell apart in the 2nd half.

Can't play like that against Seattle with Lynch and Wilson.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Peppers is an incredibly gifted playmaker. His playmaking ability invokes memories of White and Woodson. Guys like him don't grow on trees.
Adams is really coming on. He's a nightmare for DB's when he has the ball. I'm really surprised at the production we've gotten from both he and R.Rodgers. The future is bright.

Hincha

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Positives:
- Packers OL... very good protection for immobile QB and opened some good holes in running game
- Lacy running the ball... had over 100 yards
- Rodgers - started slow, but came alive in 2nd half. Really gutting these games out with the bad calf.
- Cobb and Adams great games receiving
- Crosby clutch FGs in cold weather
- Packers shut down Bryant well
- Peppers had huge game... hopefully he has a lot left in tank to get himself a ring
- D. Jones partial block of FG... that was huge for momentum, Packers got ball in good position and got 3 pts before half
- ST punt coverage was pretty good... Elliot had some big plays on ST coverage units
- MM challenge on Bryant reception.... I did not see it live, so kudos to Packers (his 1st successful challenge)

Negatives:
- 2nd half run defense... looked like run defense from early in year... Packers were getting moved around in middle of d-line easily
- B. Jones... again some untimely penalties... Packers could have had 2 3 and outs to open game if he only had fronted Murray on screen play
- Witten ate up the Packers in the middle of field... Burnett had poor day in coverage, but that is his weakness
- Packers double the penalties of Dallas... will need to be very good in this area to have chance to beat Seahawks
- Cobb fumble on return.... that could have been game had Packers not recovered

Lang penalty I thought was horrible call... can clearly hear whistle blow (IMO) after he hit Hayden during the play. Other Cowboy was still tackling Adams

Hincha

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Many of you may disagree, but the Packers' run defense was pretty close to being a Dud. Pepper's strip of Murray saved a TD, and Murray ran wild in the 4th quarter. Run defense pretty much fell apart in the 2nd half.

1st half they did well IMO... 2nd half they got manhandled and Peppers strip probably saved the game.

Hincha

Cheesehead
Reaction score
After Terrence Williams got hurt on the play at goal line when he landed on his rear (Tramon defended play well)... did he come back? I do not recall him and do not see any stats for him after that play.

May have helped Packers immensely... Dallas WRs did nothing much after that other than Bryant almost miraculous catch at goal line.

Also... was Lacy suffering from asthma that he was not in more series to run the ball? I listen to Spanish commentators and they never touched on it if it was the case.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Stud: AJ Hawk. ... Hey, I saw him make one good play and my expectations are really low.

That penalty was B.S. It was a legitimate block. If defenders can continue to try to tackle the ball carrier for 5 seconds after the whistle, then blocks shouldn't get a penalty either.
C'mon, that was a stupid play by Lang. There's a difference between continuing to tackle the ball carrier after the whistle, which happens all the time and charging into an opponent after the whistle. (Hincha, go back and watch the play again - I did right after it happened. Lang clearly hit him after the whistle.)

D

Deleted member 6794

Also... was Lacy suffering from asthma that he was not in more series to run the ball? I listen to Spanish commentators and they never touched on it if it was the case.

Yeah, Lacy had troubles with his asthma once again.

Members online

Latest posts