Studs and Duds? -- Cowpokes playoff version

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How many times this year has Brad Jones given the opposing offense a first down with his penalties on 3rd or 4th down? Its automatic it seems when he is in.

Everyone else for the most part was a stud. Its hard to have duds in a huge playoff win!!!

DarkHelmet

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That penalty was B.S. It was a legitimate block. If defenders can continue to try to tackle the ball carrier for 5 seconds after the whistle, then blocks shouldn't get a penalty either.

Hear, hear. If four Cowboys are allowed to continue to wrestle the ball carrier way past the whistle I think an o-lineman ought to be able to bang into them. Yes, there is usually some wrestling past the whistle on a stand-up like that, but in this case it went on for a ridiculously long time. Mental error by Lang, but how about nailing at least one of the Cowboys for not letting go after the whistle?

Sky King

Reaction score
Hear, hear. If four Cowboys are allowed to continue to wrestle the ball carrier way past the whistle I think an o-lineman ought to be able to bang into them. Yes, there is usually some wrestling past the whistle on a stand-up like that, but in this case it went on for a ridiculously long time. Mental error by Lang, but how about nailing at least one of the Cowboys for not letting go after the whistle?
The problem is that he did not hit any of the guys still giving the ball carrier the business. He hit one of the three guys nearby who had stopped for the whistle and were observing what was (still) taking place. If they had been aiming a shot themselves at the ball carrier Lang's shot probably would have been legit, but they were not. Bad judgment. Good call.

Einstein McFly

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Many of you may disagree, but the Packers' run defense was pretty close to being a Dud. Pepper's strip of Murray saved a TD, and Murray ran wild in the 4th quarter. Run defense pretty much fell apart in the 2nd half.

Can't play like that against Seattle with Lynch and Wilson.

I agree. I think the key to this game will be tackling Lynch. Not hitting him, but TACKLING him. A few times yesterday I flashed back to the buffalo game where their backs would get hit two yards behind the line of scrimmage but would then run for a three yard gain. We we do that, we lose no doubt.

D

Deleted member 6794

I'm hoping that won't be a problem next week. I imagine the warmer weather will make it a little easier on him.

Agreed. It seems to bother him mostly in cold weather so playing with temperatures in the high 40s should make it easier for him.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I doubt the person that needs to see this will, but regardless, I have a very special dud from yesterday's game anyway.

Thanks much to whoever rear ended my wife's Chevy Cruze on Hwy 41 when traffic was slowed after the game yesterday and proceeded to take off like a bat out of hell instead of stopping. I'm guessing you were far too pissed up behind the wheel to bother with something silly like exchanging insurance information.

Anyway, with 2 kids at home, we were totally looking to blow $500 on an insurance deductible right after the holidays. So thanks again for ruining what should have been a really good day.

On the off chance this person does ever see this, I hope karma catches up with you eventually, or at least the law, before you get somebody killed.

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
Studs No, SUPER STUDS YES: the O'line was 60's packers strong, nasty, mean, intimidating line, D Adams, a big beast on the block,Aarod, a BAAAAAD MAN, J Peppers, kept his foot on the accelerator.D-line held it's own...
Duds Yes there were DuDs: Bad Brad Jones(had a extra slice of knucklehead pie) Mastay we really need a better punter, D-backs were missing tackles, and a big DUD to the TV announcers who were crying about being robbed, guess the Packers don't know anything about that do they?

Hincha

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks much to whoever rear ended my wife's Chevy Cruze on Hwy 41 when traffic was slowed after the game yesterday and proceeded to take off like a bat out of hell instead of stopping. I'm guessing you were far too pissed up behind the wheel to bother with something silly like exchanging insurance information.

Wow.. that sucks. Hope everyone is OK and no one hurt.

Take it you did not get license plate numbers.

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow.. that sucks. Hope everyone is OK and no one hurt.

Take it you did not get license plate numbers.

Thanks. No I actually wasn't there, but they didn't. It was her and one of her girl friends. They said it was dark already and they were gone before they could even react. But everyone is okay.

jeg53

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why is it so obvious to everyone but the coaching staff that Brad Jones should not be on the field?

Circa1919

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Many of you may disagree, but the Packers' run defense was pretty close to being a Dud. Pepper's strip of Murray saved a TD, and Murray ran wild in the 4th quarter. Run defense pretty much fell apart in the 2nd half.

Can't play like that against Seattle with Lynch and Wilson.

I agree with this wholeheartedly. They need to tackle better. Overall, the defense did a good job of containing Murray and even Bryant, but someone needs to step up when it comes to open field tackling. Tackle well and we can do well against Lynch. Overpursue, half-baked bounces and hits will quickly cost us the game.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We have to respect Lacy's football ability. His book-learnin', however... :)

On the other hand, if HE THINKS it'll be easier, it'll be easier.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts