Studs and duds Charger game

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs: The entire Packer team and coaching staff for actually winning a hard fought game and getting it done in crunch time, something they have not done hardly at all in 4 years.

Duds: all the posters on this board that expect every game to be total and utter domination. You all should be more excited by the Packers winning 2 games in a row when they were not playing all that well than the thinking every game should be a blowout. Not every games is going to be perfect but championship teams find ways to win the ugly ones, the Packers for the first time in 4 years are doing that.

I don't think you understand how studs and duds works. Every game, win or loss, has players that play well and others that don't. We're all happy we won. But a lot of players played poorly.

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Did you watch the same game I did, Randall, Hyde, pretty much anyone but Ha-Ha- got burned every play on defense... What an embarrassment this defense was today.

STARKS was the only Stud, not even Rodgers got the nod today... I am grateful for the bye, and the win.. but whew what a close one.

Randall on the last play was enough for him to be a stud for me

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think you understand how studs and duds works. Every game, win or loss, has players that play well and others that don't. We're all happy we won. But a lot of players played poorly.

I understand it perfectly and stand by my thoughts. Read what I said, every single person for the Packers is a Stud. That is a game we have lost nearly every time in the last 4 years but we didn't. It takes a team philosophy of never giving up and grinding out a tough win when you team is decimated by injuries and the other team has a better gameplan than you, which happens in the NFL, you don't go 16-0 very often at all and you certainly do not do it without winning a game like today. It is a mentality the Packers have not had in 4 YEARS.

Again:

Studs: The entire team

Duds: no one other than the posters.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs: Janis, Clay, Ranall
Duds: MM, DC, Mike Daniels, Guion, Shields, Peppers, Just about the entire D

What should MM and Capers have done differently?

I saw a lot of defensive players getting beat and not getting off blocks. Really hard to adjust for that.

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
Studs: Janis, Clay, Ranall
Duds: MM, DC, Mike Daniels, Guion, Shields, Peppers, Just about the entire D

MM isnt the play caller anymore. What did he do that earned him a dud.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Did you watch the same game I did, Randall, Hyde, pretty much anyone but Ha-Ha- got burned every play on defense... What an embarrassment this defense was today.

STARKS was the only Stud, not even Rodgers got the nod today... I am grateful for the bye, and the win.. but whew what a close one.
Rodgers did have a solid day just not the exceptional one we have come to expect. His passer rating was higher than rivers for a reason

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He oversaw the entire game and didn't make his OC an DC change it up.

The tried all kinds of things differently, the Chargers simply executed the short passing game to near perfection the entire game, i say near perfection because they, you know, lost.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He oversaw the entire game and didn't make his OC an DC change it up.

For all we know, MM could have gotten involved with the offense right before the Packers last two scoring drives. We have no idea how much MM was involved in the offense or defense at all today. Maybe he was trying a lot and it didn't work.

Also, I'll try to ask again. What should Capers have done differently?

P-E-Z

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For all we know, MM could have gotten involved with the offense right before the Packers last two scoring drives. We have no idea how much MM was involved in the offense or defense at all today. Maybe he was trying a lot and it didn't work.

Also, I'll try to ask again. What should Capers have done differently?

finding a way to get pressure on Rivers for one.....

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
finding a way to get pressure on Rivers for one.....

You mean like the entire 4th quarter when the game was on the line and Rivers was doing nothing but 3 step drops? You do realize it is extremely hard to get pressure on those plays?

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs: Starks, Special Teams

Duds: Micah Hyde, Shields, Dix, O-line.
dix was great today. neal was as goodas anyone. jones, randall, monty until injury.
duds bahktiari, letting too many go by...guion didnt do what raji does. daniels didnt dominate without raji... elliott never got close to the ball.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
True that. But if everyone played poor, San Diego would have one by 30+. Some people seem to think we are playing against high school JV squad.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You mean like the entire 4th quarter when the game was on the line and Rivers was doing nothing but 3 step drops? You do realize it is extremely hard to get pressure on those plays?

Rivers was incredible all game in how fast he got rid of the ball.

P-E-Z

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Hard but not impossible..... he lots of time in pocket not all of them 3 step drops. He all day in pocket. He picked our D apart.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Duds...
-I'm not even sure who to point out for duds. There was an awful lot not to like about this game.

Studs...
-I guess Janis made a few plays, got a call or two, and was solid without mistakes on special teams. Not a huge contribution, but a much needed one with our WRs dropping like flies.
-Datone looked powerful

Janis didn't just make plays as a receiver and on special teams, he also played a big role in James Starks' touchdown, his downfield blocking got James into the end zone.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You know that a coordinator can't just automatically make something work, right? For all we know, Capers could have tried a lot of differing blitzes.

Lol, I wonder if some of these guys watched the game. Dom tried making adjustments and he changed things up throughout the game, he mixed up coverages he tried rushing 6 he tried dropping 8. But its tough to scheme when your guys up front arent winning their matchups, especially in the interior of our Defensive front.

Members online

Latest posts